Bama: would you take +18?

I wouldn’t touch this. Honestly we have probably the worst team to bet on in all of sports. You just never know what’s gonna happen on Saturdays. The more you know about the team, the less you understand what’s gonna happen. Stay away.

If I had to bet, I’d take Bama over. They have better players and will be much better prepared week 1 because Manny has the stupid.

Advertisement
Mane, I thought this thread was about those fab 5 freshman cheerleaders..

Alabama-Cheer-2020-622x350.jpg

I’d take 18.

most of their offense is brand new starters. We’ve upgraded at LB, and most importantly, we’ve upgraded every coach on defense including a DC who was one of the best in country a few years ago. Oh, and Bob Shoop is helping him game plan.

Bryce Young is not Mac Jones. I think Bama could have trouble getting it’s offense going.

I think our offense will struggle as well.

I’d take the under as well.

Did I see the line at -19.5 for Bama?

That would indicate not enough money has come on the Miami side right??

Or do I have rhat backwards?

Local bookie offered me -17 knowing I was a 'Canes fan.

Had to say 'no'. There are too many questions we don't have answers for, and this is the first game of the season at a 'neutral' <hah> site.

I don't think we'll embarass ourselves, but it's not something I'd put money on either. I don't do much sports betting, but in poker, I've made money when I used my head rather than my heart.

Advertisement
Buster Douglas knocked Mike Tyson the **** out.

Because Tyson didn't have a camp (he had his buddies), they came ill-prepared (didn't have equipment in the corner like an end-swell), he didn't take training seriously (got knocked down in sparring leading up to the fight), and Don King didn't give a ****.

Whereas Buster Douglas' mother died weeks before the fight, and he was on record as training the hardest he ever fought for a fight, as well as dedicating the fight to his mother. He also was a big man that figured out to throw cutting uppercuts when Tyson came close, tied him up when he tried to bang inside, and had a lengthy stiff jab and cross that peppered Tyson all night. You saw Buster Douglas's best stuff he ever had in that fight.

----

.Saban isn't stupid. He worked his players' asses off in season (as have we). He has big time booster money behind him, he has legitimate head coaches that come in as assistants, and legitimate recruiting classes where they don't rebuild, they reload (as we do not). He's not looking past us, because every game has national championship implications.

Make no mistake about it, this is going to be a tough game for us. We're going to have to play perfect football to have a chance. We've played Clemson over the years previously and have been whipped pretty good.

As Al Blades Sr. has famously said, "Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games."

..Where are we at as a team? Same old Miami? Or is there something about this season where we've got something we haven't seen the last 15 years? Has Diaz and Jess Simpson whipped the defense into shape? How bad are the linebackers? Is the offensive line really improved? Can our wide recievers separate and make the catches to move the chains?

Ever since Notre Dame 2017, I've been looking for that 'one game'. The one game that tells the world we can bang with anyone in the country. That we aren't resting on nostalgia from the 80's, 90's, and 00's. I want college football to fear us again.

We'll see on a national stage in short order. Don't think I'm a mope, I've been a 'Canes fan for the last 25 years. It's just hard to get your hopes up when your heart is ripped apart when you see a small spark that might be something, but it fizzles out yet again.

We'll see.

Saturday night around 7:15pm I think there will be a reality check for many of you. Based on our past performances under MANNY against quality opponents I wouldn't take the Canes getting 30.

Advertisement
Just heard a podcast where the guy (who is an FSU grad or fan that lives in Miami) said that Miami has had concerns in camp setting the edge.

This guy also said a few months ago that Manny was having a hard time controlling the guys off the field. I didn’t post that bc I can’t independently verify and I didn’t think it would bring anything to the boards.

I know this guy has legit connections, but TIFWIW.

Just heard a podcast where the guy (who is an FSU grad or fan that lives in Miami) said that Miami has had concerns in camp setting the edge.

This guy also said a few months ago that Manny was having a hard time controlling the guys off the field. I didn’t post that bc I can’t independently verify and I didn’t think it would bring anything to the boards.

I know this guy has legit connections, but TIFWIW.
Well it’s easy to believe considering our talent at end. And the off the field stuff idk. Tae obviously but who else? Scaife was not a big deal really

Advertisement
If you like to bet and your a cane, you take the points.

A small bet won’t hurt anyone. Most of you guys probably spend $100 a week on garbage fast food.

If you like to bet and your a cane, you take the points.

A small bet won’t hurt anyone. Most of you guys probably spend $100 a week on garbage fast food.
I'm "just" a housekeeper. That is no small amount*.

*the truth of that to very hard working people is 🤬🤬🤬☹️☹️☹️

I'm "just" a housekeeper. That is no small amount*.

*the truth of that to very hard working people is 🤬🤬🤬☹️☹️☹️
Not saying everyone should go out and drop $100.

Some books take very low minimum bets.

All I was getting at was , that if your a Cane and LIKE to gamble. 3 scores is kind of hard to turn down.

Advertisement
Bama now has a 20 pt line against the Canes.

You know what’s crazy? ND only has 7.5 against the Noles! That’s free money! Take the points!!

Advertisement
Back