Bama: would you take +18?

Advertisement
If you are putting real money on Miami...why don't you just wipe your *** with the money instead?

Honestly, that's some lazy a$$ analysis. You need context. If you look at the last 10 or so matchups, the blowouts have been against teams that have either not been very good (overrated) or Bama has a vet/stud QB or returns a ton of people. Look at the games where bama struggled (WVU / wiscy) they fielded a first year qB. WVU was a struggle and Wiscy game was somewhat good until Henry went nuts. I'd also add that the FSU game was close until Francois went down.

The key is Young and the fact that Bama lost a lot of people.

Personally, 18 is high - I would take the points.

doesn't matter. no way a team with that much new blood should beat us by 18+ game 1! can't happen.
Don't think you can put should and can't together. They aren't exactly replacing first round picks with group 5 talent. I refuse to start pumping Bama's horn but of all teams in FBS, I believe they have some experience replacing All-Americans.

Below is the breakdown of Alabama under Saban in these "neutral site" Kickoff Classic games. 10-0 with the average score being 38-13.

'08 No. 9 Clemson 34-10
'09 No. 7 Virginia Tech 34-24
'12 No. 8 Michigan 41-14
'13 UR Virginia Tech 35-10
'14 UR West Virginia 33-23
'15 No. 20 Wisconsin 35-17
'16 No. 20 USC 52-6
'17 No. 3 Florida State 24-7
'18 UR Louisville 51-14
'19 UR Duke 42-3
Great context here. I would say that out of the games against ranked opponents...there were only 3 games that they beat an opponent by more than 18 points..and 2 of them look to be major blowouts..If we are getting analytical about this and all.

Also, I would say from off memory..NONE of them had more talent than we do this year..Clemson ended that season 7-6... VT definitely not (we have more talent pound for pound than that team who ended the regular season 10-3) and neither did Michigan (ended the season 8-5) FSU was a joke that year after Francois got hurt in the Bama opener..... MAYBE USC who finished 10-3 but thats a stretch and that Bama team was a juggernaut at 14-0 regular season with loads of All Americans across the board and probably is a top 15 team to not with the national title all time, ill bet. (lost to Clemson in title game)

So lets not make it seem like getting blown out is a given because thats just what Bama does to ranked teams on the regular. There are details behind those numbers.

Unless Lashlee’s offense looks better than it did against OK State 18 points isn’t hard for a team like Bama to cover. But still rooting for the upset.

Advertisement
It will be closer than 18 points but might end up worse than 18 points if that makes sense.

The games can get away from us at the end and make the score more lopsided than it really was. I wouldn’t bet this one on us personally.

Advertisement
Below is the breakdown of Alabama under Saban in these "neutral site" Kickoff Classic games. 10-0 with the average score being 38-13.

'08 No. 9 Clemson 34-10
'12 No. 8 Michigan 41-14
'16 No. 20 USC 52-6
'18 UR Louisville 51-14
'19 UR Duke 42-3
All of these teams were much worse than expected. There might be one quality team on that list.

We lost to Clemson by 25, and North Carolina by 36. If we are not ready to play in the opener, like UBA last year, will then it could be a bad bet.
More than anything this team needs a win vs a top tier opponent, no more dropping the opening day kickoff against quality teams, LSU / Florida

Advertisement
Just have a quick question regarding this. If you bet money that the canes will get blown out, what outcome are you hoping for while watching the game?
Still routing for a canes W?
just curious.

This line is likely going to 20+

The big question will be if it gets to 21.5

If you want Canes and the points wait till the day before or day of.

There are no motivations for odds makers to drop it as most public money will be on Bama.

Take the Canes on the Money line!

'08 No. 9 Clemson 34-10
'12 No. 8 Michigan 41-14
'16 No. 20 USC 52-6
'18 UR Louisville 51-14
'19 UR Duke 42-3
You really going to trust Manny Diaz to beat the spread?

Advertisement
I’ll probably play it up a few points and take Bama . Anything under 17 . Love my Canes but we ain’t there yet

What would this line be if King had not been injured, and there was zero question he would be ready and at 100%?

My guess, somewhere around 14 pts, maybe a little less.

So anyone that is looking at some action at the 18 line, aren’t you really betting on whether King will be ready and at 100% or not?

Isn’t that the actual bet?

10K post and you still have no idea how a forum works? Yawn....
7A65E134-9A2D-465B-9BD0-207496CE8DA0.jpeg

Lmao

that seems like easy money, in games like these over the years I dont think we have done too well.. Does bama even have to throw the ball any this game, their oline against our 4-1-6 defense seems like light work

Advertisement
Back