Bags aren't the problem

So when you say win, what do you mean?

They beat Alabama last year. They have played in the championship twice. They won a title with an iconic star. That’s winning.

We just had our first ten-win season in fifteen years.

Advertisement
They beat Alabama last year. They have played in the championship twice. They won a title with an iconic star. That’s winning.

We just had our first ten-win season in fifteen years.

No I mean for us with regards to recruiting.

New Bama commercial.

Attachments

• 8A9ABA9B-8701-45DE-B85E-99BD2F803929.jpeg
    8A9ABA9B-8701-45DE-B85E-99BD2F803929.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 71
Advertisement
I wonder if I dropped a bag of 200K would Tyrique have signed with Miami?
Yes. I doubt he got that much from UGA.

On another note, I know for a fact bags were dropped for players on offense while Richt was the OC at FSU. Travis Minor was one of them. I can also tell you there's zero paper trail. It goes something like this. Player goes into so and so's office in what looks like an interview for a job during business hours. Player leaves with a fat folder that looks like a hiring packet. Nobody blinks an eye. This stuff doesn't happen in some dark alley in a car. It happens in a place the bagmen have complete control over.

Advertisement
The question is why TNM is not in the bag game?
Nobody is playing fair, so why are we?
Figure it out how they're doing and start buying talent, this staff is making millions to figure this game out, so do it.

"Miami doesn't have the booster network" fvck it, Miami is a major city full of people with suspect income, find a way to "help" those people launder their money through these kids, I though we were being led by Manny Montana. Win 2-3 NCs and then get indicted to oblivion, but it will be glorious.

It's a joke, kind of.

Advertisement
Bags are real. I've spoken to people on both sides of the transaction. Tyrique Stevenson and others are getting paid. The SEC is cheating and barely hiding it.

But that's not Miami's problem. For the past decade, we've recruited at a Top 15 level. We've produced NFL players at a Top 5 level. And we've played at a Top 40 level.

Let's get some coaches, man. I'm tired of talking about hiring "ace recruiters" to "lock down" South Florida and give us an overwhelming talent edge. I've been guilty of it myself. But it's a waste of time.

Do we need players like Tyrique Stevenson and Jerry Jeudy to compete for championships? Yes. We aren't getting them and we won't be in the title discussion until we do. But how about stringing together two 10-win seasons? Is that too much to ask? How about producing an offense that isn't the second-worst in Power 5?

These kids are getting smarter. Manny Diaz compared it to Kevin Durant going to the Warriors. The elite players travel the country in 7on7s and national camps. Social media has improved the flow of information. Elite recruits know what teams are winning and getting the good players.

Last year, we had our first ten-win season in fifteen years. FIFTEEN YEARS. There are fathers and mothers who had never seen the Canes win double digits. Not coincidentally, we had a Top 10 class. Let's get the most out of guys like Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard. That will help our recruiting more than any bag.

Miami is like the dude who goes to the club looking like a scrub, and then complains that the models only hang out with the rich dudes. It may be true, but it has no impact on your situation. Let's get our house in order. We aren't losing to Virginia because Jerry Jeudy got paid.
Dmoney right on the money.
I’ve been posting about Watson and what he did for Clemson.
But Clemson was doing exactly what they should’ve while we kept doing less with more year after fckng year. Recruit in the top 20 and you can win 9-10 games in the acc.
It’s criminal to look at the talent we put in the league
While Shannon and golden nuts were around.

Bags aren’t the answer at Miami because we don’t have the booster network.

Plain and simple.

Our most rabid fans that post here, most don’t go to games, most don’t contribute a red cent to the program, and a significant majority of the ones that do go to games, complain about $20 parking. They occasionally buy $20 T-shirts. That’s the extent of their financial commitment to the program.

We’ve actually had several long time posters here, argue vehemently about not funding the athletic program.

If that’s our fanbase, what do you think the booster network is. I’ll tell you what: nonexistent.

Bags aren’t the answer at Miami because we don’t have the booster network.

Plain and simple.

Our most rabid fans that post here, most don’t go to games, most don’t contribute a red cent to the program, and a significant majority of the ones that do go to games, complain about $20 parking. They occasionally buy $20 T-shirts. That’s the extent of their financial commitment to the program.

We’ve actually had several long time posters here, argue vehemently about not funding the athletic program.

If that’s our fanbase, what do you think the booster network is. I’ll tell you what: nonexistent.

Sadly, there is a significant segment of Miami fans that are much more likely to pool their $$$ together for a banner plane than they are to stroke a check to athletics. They'll complain relentlessly about a product that they are only invested in emotionally (but unwilling to invest in financially or in any other tangible way).

But even if we could set up a booster network and get heavy into the bag game like certain $ec $chool$, I doubt it would last long -- we'd be thrown under the bus quick as **** and end up on the cover of Sports Illustrated again.

Advertisement
Sadly, there is a significant segment of Miami fans that are much more likely to pool their $$$ together for a banner plane than they are to stroke a check to athletics. They'll complain relentlessly about a product that they are only invested in emotionally (but unwilling to invest in financially or in any other tangible way).

But even if we could set up a booster network and get heavy into the bag game like certain $ec $chool$, I doubt it would last long -- we'd be thrown under the bus quick as **** and end up on the cover of Sports Illustrated again.

The booster network would have to be set up by monied people, not looking for fame or fortune, and willing to keep their mouth shut and run the operation strictly out of love for the program.

Sadly most of the people we know that are involved with the program are looking to see what they can get out of it, not what they can put into it.

Whether it’s uncle puke, or even here on this site. I mean most of these websites, including this one, it’s just about what money they can make. That’s OK everybody’s entitled to their game, but nobody’s doing it out of love for the canes if there wasn’t something in it for them.

Bunch of people claiming to be fans, all within an angle to squeeze some money out of the program, but nobody looking to be quiet and contribute and make it better.

Did you read my posts today? Been saying this exact thing.

Just finish in the top 10 to 15 for a couple years. That's target #1 for Manny.

Cue the "I don't want to play for top 10 I want a National Title" crowd.

Advertisement
Back