Bags aren't the problem

Manny is not a guy who believes we can just line up and beat people with talent. That alone is an improvement.

Does many see the importance of Ja'Juan Seider type (or preferably 2) on the staff...Or is he going to just keep tapping into his buddy system and take what he can get in recruiting.

Advertisement
Let andrew tell it though. Them f×cos up there are paying kids to come up there unoficiially. This is known
And that’s where it all starts. In the summer. I kept asking all summer how a kid from an economically disadvantaged background can afford to be taking 1600 mile round trips all summer long like he’s Paris Hilton.

But these naive clowns think teams that are winning games don’t have to pay. Then why the fck are the teams doing the most winning also known to be doing the most paying?

They did. Richt was the **** coach and they run a funky dink offense this year that Hazelwood had no interest in.
Look Andrew ..uga is breaking bread..its known in s.fla..this Stevenson kid we were saying in the **** spring was uga.
Everything else was window dressing.

Lol @ Adam Anderson like that means anything. If you really understand recruiting and how it works you learn who are the kids that bags get thrown at.

Highly rated poor kids from the hood?

Let andrew tell it though. Them f×cos up there are paying kids to come up there unoficiially. This is known

You are better than this. You really don't think a top 10 program can pull an elite player from somewhere else in the country? Dude, do you realize we suck? Do you realize we have a head coach that has never coached a game? I sure the **** hope Diaz fixes this **** but Richt didn't give recruits in SFLA a reason to come here.

It's inarguable that bags are a factor in losing elite local talent. But how much of a factor? Not as big a factor as the mediocre program Miami has become.

An incompetent administration and AD, bad coaching hires, weak staffs, and below average recruiting, development, and coaching are bigger reasons why we can't get the talent needed to compete at a high level.

Would we be complaining about bags if Dabo or Saban had been HC here for the past 3-5 years?

Advertisement
And that’s where it all starts. In the summer. I kept asking all summer how a kid from an economically disadvantaged background can afford to be taking 1600 mile round trips all summer long like he’s Paris Hilton.

But these naive clowns think teams that are winning games don’t have to pay. Then why the fck are the teams doing the most winning also known to be doing the most paying?

Handlers get paid and pay for the trip, everyone knows this.

Anyone who wants to deny that these HS kids get their expenses paid to visit, is literally retarded. I mean its obvious as **** many of these elite players are getting huge bags dropped for their signatures, but the amount these dudes be traveling out of state to visit these schools on Non-OVs is just ridiculous. If you can barely afford you bills, you can't afford the gas/flight, hotel, food, etc that it costs to go traveling on multi-day trips.

Advertisement
Anyone who wants to deny that these HS kids get their expenses paid to visit, is literally retarded. I mean its obvious as **** many of these elite players are getting huge bags dropped for their signatures, but the amount these dudes be traveling out of state to visit these schools on Non-OVs is just ridiculous. If you can barely afford you bills, you can't afford the gas/flight, hotel, food, etc that it costs to go traveling on multi-day trips.
Andrew will tell you their handler gets his gas and McNuggets covered and that’s it. Nothing extra to momma or son.

Andrew will tell you their handler gets his gas and McNuggets covered and that’s it. Nothing extra to momma or son.
That alone is a couple hundred, at the very least. ... a couple hundred more than a broke family has to be spending on **** like that.
Regardless even if it was JUST THAT, we'd be at a disadvantage. Cause then you can look at it from the mentality of "oh they really want me, they're paying me to come; theyre doing this for me and im not even signed there yet....etc". Meanwhile Miami isn't giving them ****, because they live here already.

....we just need to win man.

Dabo and Sabag are products of the bag system. You saw what Sabag did at Michigan State with no bags. He was nowhere near as good as Dantonio has been there.

So Saban and Dabo are two of the best coaches in CFB because of the bag system?

You don't think there would be a drastic difference in where we are right now, if Saban had been here?

UCF plays in a bush league and you don't have to drop bags to get most of the players they recruit. They might drop small bags too. You want players Bama and UGA is dropping bags on you better come with some stacks.
My point is good coaching will get you noticed nationally despite having inferior talent than the big boys. UCF could be bush league but they would probably beat most teams in ACC aside from Clemson.

Advertisement
I’m just looking at the track record. We’ve had three straight years of good DL play after a decade of bad DL play.
Miami is 34-18 the last 4 years
And 26-13 the last 3 years
15 8-5
16 9-4
17 10-3
18 7-6
1 bad season and we are missing on everybody like this? It shouldn’t be THIS bad period.

Meanwhile Auburn during the same time period, yet still doing well this year recruiting wise. Amazing isn't it?
15 7-6
16 8-5
17 10-4
18 8-5

Bags arent the only problem, but they are a problem.

We’re garbage and the bag schools are paying big. That’s a recipe for disaster. We’re basically left with the guys who love this area and aren’t being paid by bag schools. The area is so rich that we should still be able to win the Coastal with those guys with good modern coaching.

But we are likely done as a national program as long as bag schools can cheat so blatantly. If we start winning 10 and the Coastal regularly we’ll get back in business with the 2nd tier guys that the bag schools aren’t paying.

It’s a chicken and egg thing though. Because in order to start winning 10 regularly we’ve proven we need better players. To get the better players we need to win a lot more.

I wholly agree in the sense that we are at a disadvantage regarding the bag game but they are not the only problem.

Of course we need elite players to compete at an elite level. That being said, with the roster we had this year, there is no reason that we shouldn't have won ten games and the Coastal and no individual on this site is delusional for having that expectation preseason.

Stop me if I'm only emphasizing your point rather than elaborating but failing to win ten games in poor division in a season in which we did not play Clemson and played a single other P5 out of conference opponent is criminal.

It is a direct indictment of the failures of the coaching staff in regards to game planning, adaptation and development (yes, I know, particularly on offense and special teams). Now, we may see some of that corrected going forward (hopefully) but until we clean up the in house garbage how can we expect a kid to pick us over an Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State or LSU?

Bags are certainly a problem but it's senseless bashing cream of the crop kids for not picking us over cream of the crop programs, bags or not, when we've managed our what we have and handled our own affairs in such despicable fashion.

It's inarguable that bags are a factor in losing elite local talent. But how much of a factor? Not as big a factor as the mediocre program Miami has become.

An incompetent administration and AD, bad coaching hires, weak staffs, and below average recruiting, development, and coaching are bigger reasons why we can't get the talent needed to compete at a high level.

Would we be complaining about bags if Dabo or Saban had been HC here for the past 3-5 years?

This site is overrun by Simplistic Angry Males. They were stupid enough not to understand that our glory era was a combination of incredibly favorable circumstances, merging wonderfully in a brief window. I savored every season and every game because I always knew how fragile it was. I taped as many games as I could. I still have them.

Now, since that type was moronic enough not to understand we wouldn't remain dominant, they have to otherwise explain it away. Their SAM brains rationalize that everyone else cheats...but we don't.

Meanwhile, I always think about this aspect: If you polled college football fans across the country on which program cheats the most, Miami would be smack near the top. I'm not convinced we wouldn't be at the absolute top. That is the cynical national perspective. Here the cynical focus is bags, and whine whine whine. If you can't laugh at the SAM mindset every day you are missing a **** of a ride.

We were not a blue blood program with a century of foundation. As a USC alum every time I see a USC hat on that table I know there's a **** good chance the kid will pick USC. It happens often and at least as often as not the kid identifies the proper variables, like how significant that USC background and degree is in the Los Angeles area. You have advantages for life. The two 5 star wide receiver recruits yesterday emphasized that. They weren't swayed by bags. They aren't SAMs. They understand the big picture

When the Miami hat is on the table I know there is very little chance. I basically don't pay attention, other than try to figure out which one among the other schools will be chosen. The Miami hat on the table basically serves to raise the percentage of likelihood among the other schools. We haven't been much of anything lately. The kids taking the late visits don't see that football stadium on campus, defining everything they want to be a part of and can envision. At USC the old physical education building is a landmark on campus, not far from Heritage Hall. I often sat on the front stairs of that building, writing my sports articles while watching the world and the young ladies go by. One day Marcus Allen walked up the steps with a recruit. They paused outside. Marcus was leading the kid's tour. He was describing the physical education building and its history while telling the kid that later they would walk down the street to Tommy Trojan, and then across Exposition Boulevard to the Coliseum. I only heard perhaps one minute's worth of that kid's recruiting tour but instantly it confirmed everything I already knew about how significant the campus visit is to the recruiting process. USC has amazing advantages in that regard, as do so many other blue blood programs. Every time I visit Duke I imagine Coach K merely leading a recruit into that old gymnasium, and basically closing the deal right there. This is what you will be a part of.

The campus/stadium problem is why I always said that our recruiting trend would remain the same...commitments early then losing them late. Once a direct comparison is made, then we come up short, even if the kid's initial intention was sincere. More than a decade ago on Rivals and especially after we lost the Orange Bowl I posted that it was a logical tendency and would continue, regardless of head coach or current scenario. I always love that I can stick to my logical big picture variables and allow them to play out as correct, instead of frantically absorbing today's news and scrambling to overreact.

These kids and their families are really stupid. No information is ever shared up and down the pipeline. That's the only aspect I can conclude with confidence. Obviously nobody ever tells the sophomores and juniors that bags are part of the equation, but that Miami doesn't pay. Otherwise those elite sophomores and juniors would never commit to Miami in the first place. No need to attend camps or anything like that, when you can merely conduct the daily bidding war behind the scenes.

Advertisement
Meanwhile Auburn during the same time period, yet still doing well this year recruiting wise. Amazing isn't it?
15 7-6
16 8-5
17 10-4
18 8-5

Auburn has played in two national championships since these kids were old enough to remember. They’ve beaten Alabama. We’ve been nowhere close to that.

They have earned a better reputation with recruits.

Auburn has played in two national championships since these kids were old enough to remember. They’ve beaten Alabama. We’ve been nowhere close to that.

OK gotcha, but doesn't explain an 0-20...a 2-20 would have helped.

So when you say win, what do you mean?

Advertisement
Back