Avery Huff Commits!!

Yes we offered him super late mainly b/c he is friends with a lot of our top targets like Bogle and Smith, and they have been hounding our coaches to offer their boy for months.

Him being faster than Payton who is about 20 lbs heavier than him means nothing.

Payton is a monster and truly elite.

How can you watch tape from all 3 and say that Dunmore is right there with Ladson and Payton?

Hands and route running ability. Better than those 2 at both.

Dunmore is really good, but definitely not elite.

If he was elite like you claim, then it wouldn't have taken our coaches so long to offer him.

If our situation at WR was different, he would definitely be a take, but I don't see who he will play over here for the next 3 years.

We are stacked with guys better than him IMO.

Long?. Spring practice just started. This aint long AT ALL. Spring evals are just now taking place..and they made one trip to practice to see him and offered. They are only after 2 wr in the class...and he has an offer. Safe to say he is the goods. I know you want to be right on hjim..because you dont think he is um level or would ever get an offer. But we dropped a wr and offered him. They clearly want him, dont htink Bogle and company have influence on that. Dugans seems to be strong in his evals for what he wants.

You cant PROJECT who will play over who. Especially with a young wr group.

Advertisement
How can you watch tape from all 3 and say that Dunmore is right there with Ladson and Payton?

He's not far behind at all...IMO it was a 3 headed monster the whole time, if you twist my arm I'd say Dunmore #3 but it really is close imo. If there weren't about 6-7 bigger needs than WR this cycle, he would have had his offer much earlier.

He's not far behind at all...IMO it was a 3 headed monster the whole time, if you twist my arm I'd say Dunmore #3 but it really is close imo. If there weren't about 6-7 bigger needs than WR this cycle, he would have had his offer much earlier.

Dunmore is Allen Hurns reincarnated. With better hands. Which isnt a bad thing. There's value in guys that can run good routes and catch everything, not everyone has to be a physical freak. Even that being said he isnt a chump at 6'2 170+ pounds.

Advertisement
Richards is wasting his time at any position other than safety where he can be a top 10-15 pick.

Problem with Dunmore is that many people in the know are saying hes just a workout/camp warrior right now and hasn't proven it on the field or game film.

That said, we couldn't have asked for a better LB group. Huff knew he was the missing piece. Why wait?

And to the poster that said Pierre was going to flip to UF, I think he shut that down a few weeks ago and solidified his commitment to Diaz IIRC. That's why UF took Hoppers commitment.

Great way to go into the Summer. Lets hope Paradise Camp in a month can yield some more great results.

I wonder if Pierre does now out does that mean we are all in on Davis. Trust me I was Pierre but Davis wouldn’t be a bad trade off.

Dunmore is Allen Hurns reincarnated. With better hands. Which isnt a bad thing. There's value in guys that can run good routes and catch everything, not everyone has to be a physical freak. Even that being said he isnt a chump at 6'2 170+ pounds.
If he ends up here I hope he is everything you say and more.

If he ends up at F$U then I hope he is the next Fred Rouse.

I just don't see him as a priority with such a stacked WR depth chart and huge needs at other positions and 2020 WR class is stacked with 2 kids committed that are IMO better than Dunmore.

Taking only 1 LB last year is looking like a blessing with how stacked this LB class is and the quality guys we are landing.

2020 WR class is similar, so IMO just take Payton unless Ladson wants in later and load up with quality in 2020, and it also spaces these guys out a little more at WR (took 3 in 2017 and 4 in 2018), and since we all know the 2020 WR class is better than this one, why not save that ship for next cycle.

Advertisement

This actually makes sense then as to why they haven't offered him (yet). I am not ready to put any money up Richt would have offered Hurns back in the day the way he is being picky with offers. No slight on Hurns. Its just how this staff is being very selective with offers. Sources are saying Richt wont let Diaz pull the trigger on Jahmar Brown yet even though Diaz offered and wants him.. Its rough out here.

Jesiah Pierre visiting uf may19th for their commit/top target cookout.

Has good feet, can make you miss for a tall kid too...

Richards is wasting his time at any position other than safety where he can be a top 10-15 pick.
Eh, look at how the WR and S market played out this offseason...There is just simply more money at WR. Even if you're a 3rd round WR compared to a 1st round S, if you're great, you will still end up making more playing WR.

Advertisement
Eh, look at how the WR and S market played out this offseason...There is just simply more money at WR. Even if you're a 3rd round WR compared to a 1st round S, if you're great, you will still end up making more playing WR.
But your career is in the hands of someone else at WR (the QB).

He could be a great WR/RB, but could be an elite FS.

But your career is in the hands of someone else at WR (the QB).

He could be a great WR/RB, but could be an elite FS.
Thats pretty stupid reasoning to pick S over WR. Like I'm not even really saying I'd rather have him at WR. But the fact is if he thinks WR is best for his future, he's not wrong from a money perspective.

Hate to tell you...but Dunmore ran faster than Payton this year. I personally think he is a UM caliber wr easily. I dont know all about the not seeing the field stuff with him when he has outplayed alot of proven college guys since he was a sophmore. His film is legit as well not sure which one you watched. We need 2 wr's in this class...they obviously offered him so Dugans knows what time it is.

wasnt he playing 1A football? Who would he have been outplaying. His film doesnt really showcase any gamebreaking ability even at that level of competition. Looks like a possession receiver right now, I can see why they waited to offer.

Advertisement
wasnt he playing 1A football? Who would he have been outplaying. His film doesnt really showcase any gamebreaking ability even at that level of competition. Looks like a possession receiver right now, I can see why they waited to offer.
Payton ran a 4.70 and Dunmore Ran a 4.74. Only difference is Payton looks much faster, explosive and fluid on film than Dunmore

Advertisement
Back