Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just beat a case where I was charged with 3 felonies here in VA. Guess why? Because there wasn't convincing evidence. This post is dumb af
I’ll bite. Go on

Attachments

• 33A44D62-DD35-4835-9EB2-4758BD9C09D6.gif
    33A44D62-DD35-4835-9EB2-4758BD9C09D6.gif
    916.8 KB · Views: 3
Advertisement
I think a suspension is too lenient. The university should expel him and the program should cut their ties immediately. A woman doesn't do that to herself, and she's not going to say it's her baby's father to cover up for someone else doing it to her. AW committed an unforgivable act whether or not he is ultimately charged with it. You don't need to wait for the process to play itself out here.
Which is why you have no say in the matter, and rightfully so.

Let this play out in the courts. People are quick to pass judgement and conclusions. We are talking about someone’s reputation, financial future, and life. There will be consequences one way or another for Tae but no one on this board will decide his fate or knows what will happen.

How about due process? I had a female, who turned out to be bipolar, attack me in a hotel room and police were called. I've never been arrested in my life and it was a scary situation. Cops assumed I was the bad guy. I wasn't. I am educated and remained calm and all was well. She ended up in a mental hospital years later.

Again, no idea what happened here, but everyone deserves the facts to come out and due process.

TrumpyCane knows better than to date strippers

We cannot allow ourselves to become politicians and pass judgment before authorities are even called .

What I think about at times are the totaly innocent people in jail.

Please just imagine what that must feel to be put in the big house TOTALLY innocent for 20-30 years then find out you are SO SCARY the thought

Advertisement
Lol. I'm a meathead? I'm a 50something partner of a successful law firm.

What I am is patient, and I let facts and logic guide my decisions and not emotions. I suggest you do the same. I wouldn't care if he's in all American or walk on. I want everyone to get due process and be treated fairly, under the law and how they are perceived. Good luck and settle down.
Just because you are successful, doesn't mean you can't be a meathead. Plenty of douchebags end up as successes, ironically enough, because they lack basic empathy, or scruples. For an example of this, see Trump, Donald J.

He has rights in the courts, which should and will be respected. That said, playing for the University of Miami isn't a right. It's a privilege, a privilege that can be revoked if you do certain things, like put the program at risk by being a dumbass. As an attorney, you know that discipline in an organization can happen separate from legal consequences. I work in financial services, I've worked with guys that were accused of things similar to Avantae, guess what? They were canned, no questions asked because they put the FIRM at risk. Reputational risk is something good managers give a **** about. Football coaches have been fired for domestic violence allegations, in some cases, they weren't charged. Why? Because putting the organization at risk can make you a liability to said organization.

Avantae may get suspended for the season, or dismissed, but I wouldn't shed a tear or care if he never played another down for the University. If he rebuilds his life and finds success somewhere else, then that's fine. Maybe a bit of tough love, having something he loved being taken away from him because of actions he committed will serve as a wakeup call.

For someone who had been in jail before that was a bold strategy. I'm sure he was panicking and scared but Rule 1 is stfu. Think Rule 2 and 3 are similar lmao.

He's been in jail before?
Hopefully this is the wake-up call that will change the rest of his life.

19-20 years are not kids. The mentality of thinking of people of that age as kids is when leads to the major lack of accountability we see these days.
Bro, this is very dense. Brains aren’t fully developed at 19-20. People understand that age group will tend to make worse decisions then a 30-40 yr old. That’s not to say they aren’t held accountable. Not one post up to this one I’m quoting is making an excuse for Tae. The closet to that is ppl saying wait until more details are released before judging

Advertisement
I think a suspension is too lenient. The university should expel him and the program should cut their ties immediately. A woman doesn't do that to herself, and she's not going to say it's her baby's father to cover up for someone else doing it to her. AW committed an unforgivable act whether or not he is ultimately charged with it. You don't need to wait for the process to play itself out here.
You're an idiot. Mistakes happen. You are nobody to judge esp without the truth yet

Advertisement
You're an idiot. Mistakes happen. You are nobody to judge esp without the truth yet
your last assertion is an excellent point. innocent until proven guilty (at least that used to be a thing).

IF the current allegations are true... then he gets all the crticism and hate coming...

He obviously has several red flags throughout his past, certainly that doesn't make him guilty of physically assaulting a pregnant woman as alleged, but not a great look considering...

Advertisement
AQM was suspending a full year for punching a kid in the face.

We have had many guys never comeback after small things.

this isn’t some small deal like AQM. AW will never suit up for the Canes.

it’s unfortunate, but that’s what happened when you ****nup

A couple of things after watching his bond appearance.

1. You let your lawyer do the talking. You ask him and let him address the judge.

2. He physically assaulted a pregnant woman. I'm not going to claim that Avantae has zero regard for human life, but he certainly acted like it.

3. At least, he should be suspended from the football team and from the University. At least. A poster said earlier that it's a privilege to play football at the University of Miami, and it's also a privilege to attend a prestigious university like UM.

4. The victim doesn't appear to be cooperating with the investigation. But it's domestic assault, and the court doesn't need her cooperation. They have her original statement, physical evidence, and the 9-1-1 call. He's going to be punished by the State.

5. I was raised by my maternal grandparents after the death of my parents when I was five. My grandfather (my acting father figure) was old-school. You don't put your hands on a woman. That's how I was raised. I'm also a Christian. According to the Scripture, if a pregnant is struck but the child is not harmed, the judge has the authority of the punishment. But, if there is harm to the child, then capital punishment is warranted (Exodus 21:22-25). But again, the decision is left up to the judge. My hope is for the gospel to be exalted, repentance, and justice.

I'll say this and leave it alone.

1. What a sad story regardless of details. Prayers for that baby and the mom

2. IF details are true, he's GONE and no one will touch him ever again, and they shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back