Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was speaking during his bond hearing while his lawyer was speaking?!
For someone who had been in jail before that was a bold strategy. I'm sure he was panicking and scared but Rule 1 is stfu. Think Rule 2 and 3 are similar lmao.

Advertisement
You can have all the problems you want to have. As for the opinions of others, they're certainly free to share their opinions, just like you're free to share yours.

As for me, I see plenty of white knighting going on in this thread...on both sides of the topic.
It's white knighting to expect student-athletes to behave in a way that doesn't bring negative attention to the program and University? Here's an idea: If you want to do dirt, be prepared to deal with the consequences. I hope there isn't some douchebag putting pressure on this young lady to not cooperate, all in the hopes of keeping Williams from being kicked off the team. Avoiding the appearance of a cover up should be at the top of Manny's mind. Frankly, you may have to kick him off, just to avoid any blowback. Just cut the cord.

It’s unbelievable to me but I also know OP to be 110% upstanding person. He posted it originally 6 hours befor Avantae was booked.

I grew up with her. She’s a good person. What’s your problem?
No need to get slick with him calling him a football player with money for a bond

He was speaking during his bond hearing while his lawyer was speaking?!
Oh yeah, lawyer had to keep motioning him to the stfu. Tae wasn’t being assertive or rude…he just couldn’t read the room and stfu

I’ll edit. He didn’t seem remorseful at all. He asked the judge how long this whole process was going to take. Seemed like he was annoyed by the whole thing. Not sure he was aware that he was suspended at the time of this hearing. He was talking like a guy who expected to play week 1 vs Bama.

Last edited:
In a thread chock full of excrement, beautiful post.

Redemption, assuming he is guilty of something, which he may or may not be, is available for all!

Redemption may not involve football. We need to stop acting like playing football is an inalienable right. Sometimes, you do something that affects your future and you have to rebuild without that brick. Playing at the University of Miami is a privilege, and if you do something like this, that privilege should be revoked. This isn't Alabama, nor is it UF under Meyer. There's legit consequences for doing stupid crap. There's a difference between getting into a fight with some random frat bro at a party, and throwing around a pregnant woman.

Let's be honest here: There's a good chance he's guilty of "Something", it's very unlikely homegirl got those injuries by accident. I'm more from the school of "Cut the cord, let him apologize and seek redemption somewhere else".

Advertisement
Lock in the Henderson twins. This dude will never play a down here

It’s unbelievable to me but I also know OP to be 110% upstanding person. He posted it originally 6 hours befor Avantae was booked.

I grew up with her. She’s a good person. What’s your problem?

Judge did fine. Great actually. Kept trying to move it to the afternoon so the victim could come in and testify. State attorney was being feisty.

Cliff Notes:

House arrest, GPS tracking or bond in $7,500 as an alternative.

She also said does not understand 3 counts as it looks like one ongoing incident. Found no probable cause for counts 2 and 3 and releases ROR.

His attorney said he has no priors, state said he has some juvenile stuff.

He did come in on a bench warrant but only for a dollar. Likely for a ticket, jury duty, or even a child support issue, doesnt have to be criminal or something similar but not disclosed.

Right when the Judge found out he was a UM player with a lot to lose she put her hands in her face trying to figure something out. Asked him what he was studying, what year, she took a genuine interest.

victim told state attorney she did not want a stay away order and wanted to appear but could not get on zoom or figure it out which is why judge kept asking if she should continue the hearing, but the State said no, stay away order should be in place.

When she asked about how could he afford to pay bond, he said he has coaches, he plays for University of Miami and coaches are willing to help him out and his sisters.

Also said he already has NIL money, just was confused on how he could get his money while being in jail.

She did order the no-contact order regardless, said the allegations were violent.

If he has done what is alleged, then that's a wrap. Period, amazing how many people want to play white knight for a young man that apparently makes awful decisions in his personal life. Playing for the University of Miami is a privilege, not a right and I don't have any sympathy for anyone that would put the program and their teammates at risk by being a dumbass. Is it possible that homegirl pulled a "Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and created her own injuries? Yes. It's also a lot more likely that dude took the words from "Gorilla Pimp" way too seriously. This should be a pretty simple investigation, Manny should ask him straight up about what happened. If dude cops to it, that's his last day on campus. Frankly, I'd be leaning more towards dismissal anyway, unless there was indisputable video evidence that Williams didn't do anything, which we know doesn't exist.

Let this be a lesson to him, stop messing around on these women, and stop putting yourself in situations where this can happen. Maybe had someone taken action early on with Lawrence Phillips, maybe he would have gotten the message. It happened and you were there. That's grounds for dismissal.
How about due process? I had a female, who turned out to be bipolar, attack me in a hotel room and police were called. I've never been arrested in my life and it was a scary situation. Cops assumed I was the bad guy. I wasn't. I am educated and remained calm and all was well. She ended up in a mental hospital years later.

Again, no idea what happened here, but everyone deserves the facts to come out and due process.

Advertisement
No need to get slick with him calling him a football player with money for a bond
When she found out he played for UM she changed her tone and was trying to shoot him some bail. Tae failed the alley oop by saying he had money.

That judge has alread went viral twice. The first time with the encounter she had with an old school mate, and the other with Pooh Shiesty. She found out he played for Miami and knew this was going to be seen.

I couldn’t get it to fully play. If the Judge is Glazer she’s a good person. Not sure if it’s her as I saw someone else talking in the beginning who isn’t her.

Smdh,.. **** my Ni$&?, all yo stupid *** had to do was chill out and you woulda been paid. Had the wrong mofos in yo corner dawg, now you shot. Another hard lesson for a young man to learn the worst way..

victim told state attorney she did not want a stay away order

Which is why I think g/f will change her story and charges will get dropped. If she intended to be a witness in a trial, she would have wanted a no-contact order (because assuming he gets out on bail, he could conceivably threaten her not to testify if he's allowed to be around her). Not saying it's the right thing for her or that he's innocent, but that's how these things tend to go. Miami might still suspend him several games just for the optics though.

Advertisement
You can have all the problems you want to have. As for the opinions of others, they're certainly free to share their opinions, just like you're free to share yours.

As for me, I see plenty of white knighting going on in this thread...on both sides of the topic.
EXACTLY 🎯🎯🎯🎯 if a KrazyCane type of response is bannable then a Canedude08’s like response is as well. Both are examples of extreme responses to this situation. Extreme reactions almost always illicit extreme reactions.

People don’t understand how their own extreme responses create the opposite extreme opinion.

When she found out he played for UM she changed her tone and was trying to shoot him some bail. Tae failed the alley oop by saying he had money.

That judge has alread went viral twice. The first time with the encounter she had with an old school mate, and the other with Pooh Shiesty. She found out he played for Miami and knew this was going to be seen.
This is a true story and I was friends with that classmate (Arthur Booth) as well and I was in the actual PE class with both of them which became talked about when he appeared before her in court. It was surreal for all of us years later who were in that class.

Advertisement
If he has done what is alleged, then that's a wrap. Period, amazing how many people want to play white knight for a young man that apparently makes awful decisions in his personal life. Playing for the University of Miami is a privilege, not a right and I don't have any sympathy for anyone that would put the program and their teammates at risk by being a dumbass. Is it possible that homegirl pulled a "Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and created her own injuries? Yes. It's also a lot more likely that dude took the words from "Gorilla Pimp" way too seriously. This should be a pretty simple investigation, Manny should ask him straight up about what happened. If dude cops to it, that's his last day on campus. Frankly, I'd be leaning more towards dismissal anyway, unless there was indisputable video evidence that Williams didn't do anything, which we know doesn't exist.

Let this be a lesson to him, stop messing around on these women, and stop putting yourself in situations where this can happen. Maybe had someone taken action early on with Lawrence Phillips, maybe he would have gotten the message. It happened and you were there. That's grounds for dismissal.

So your post is basically the opposite of mine.

You are pontificating based on a bunch of assumptions.

I don’t stoop to that.

But hey, you do you.

How about due process? I had a female, who turned out to be bipolar, attack me in a hotel room and police were called. I've never been arrested in my life and it was a scary situation. Cops assumed I was the bad guy. I wasn't. I am educated and remained calm and all was well. She ended up in a mental hospital years later.

Again, no idea what happened here, but everyone deserves the facts to come out and due process.
Due process is what you get in the courts, playing football at the University of Miami is a PRIVILEGE. I'm sorry, but if you put the program at risk by doing stupid crap, crap that can serve as an unneeded distraction, then you are replaceable. This isn't Alabama, where the media will ignore you doing dirt, same with LSU, same with a lot of other places. Avantae put a lot of livelihoods at risk, because he "Most likely" can't keep his hands off of a pregnant woman. It is unlikely that those injuries came about as a result of Avantae not doing anything.

Stop making excuses for this behavior.

Redemption may not involve football. We need to stop acting like playing football is an inalienable right. Sometimes, you do something that affects your future and you have to rebuild without that brick. Playing at the University of Miami is a privilege, and if you do something like this, that privilege should be revoked. This isn't Alabama, nor is it UF under Meyer. There's legit consequences for doing stupid crap. There's a difference between getting into a fight with some random frat bro at a party, and throwing around a pregnant woman.

Let's be honest here: There's a good chance he's guilty of "Something", it's very unlikely homegirl got those injuries by accident. I'm more from the school of "Cut the cord, let him apologize and seek redemption somewhere else".

Again, you make assumptions. Just leave me out of your assumptions. I’m asking you politely.

Don’t like jumping to conclusions, but on its face, looks like the type of conduct that will end his football career.. No one will touch him if he battered a pregnant woman.
Ha!

There's 50 teams that would take him on his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back