Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I think g/f will change her story and charges will get dropped. If she intended to be a witness in a trial, she would have wanted a no-contact order (because assuming he gets out on bail, he could conceivably threaten her not to testify if he's allowed to be around her). Not saying it's the right thing for her or that he's innocent, but that's how these things tend to go. Miami might still suspend him several games just for the optics though.
Yep. Probably the best outcome Tae could hope for.

Advertisement
Which is why I think g/f will change her story and charges will get dropped. If she intended to be a witness in a trial, she would have wanted a no-contact order (because assuming he gets out on bail, he could conceivably threaten her not to testify if he's allowed to be around her). Not saying it's the right thing for her or that he's innocent, but that's how these things tend to go. Miami might still suspend him several games just for the optics though.

At that point, then it appears to be a coverup. That's the problem. It stinks either way, and all of this could have easily been prevented. Either you suspend him for the entire season, or you dismiss him, and help him find a JUCO to go to, to where he can rebuild his life in a constructive atmosphere.

Due process is what you get in the courts, playing football at the University of Miami is a PRIVILEGE. I'm sorry, but if you put the program at risk by doing stupid crap, crap that can serve as an unneeded distraction, then you are replaceable. This isn't Alabama, where the media will ignore you doing dirt, same with LSU, same with a lot of other places. Avantae put a lot of livelihoods at risk, because he "Most likely" can't keep his hands off of a pregnant woman. It is unlikely that those injuries came about as a result of Avantae not doing anything.

Stop making excuses for this behavior.
Lol. I'm saying wait for the facts. Wait for due process. Don't rush to judgment. But yeah I know, young people nowadays just burn down the city before the facts come out.

If he violently assaulted a pregnant female he should be off the team - of course. But if this was an out of control female attacking her boyfriend and he pushed her off him in self-defense and she called the police, no he shouldn't be off the team. I have no idea which of the two is true, or somewhere in between, and I doubt you do either.

Lol. I'm saying wait for the facts. Wait for due process. Don't rush to judgment. But yeah I know, young people nowadays just burn down the city before the facts come out.

If he violently assaulted a pregnant female he should be off the team - of course. But if this was an out of control female attacking her boyfriend and he pushed her off him in self-defense and she called the police, no he shouldn't be off the team. I have no idea which of the two is true, or somewhere in between, and I doubt you do either.
Exactly. People need to have more than 33 seconds of patience when it comes to criminal allegations.

Advertisement
Oh yeah, lawyer had to keep motioning him to the stfu. Tae wasn’t being assertive or rude…he just couldn’t read the room and stfu

I’ll edit. He didn’t seem remorseful at all. He asked the judge how long this whole process was going to take. Seemed like he was annoyed by the whole thing. Not sure he was aware that he was suspended at the time of this hearing. He was talking like a guy who expected to play week 1 vs Bama.
Not an expert on this **** at all, but wouldn't it be completely innocent or nothing for him re: optics? Suspending him means there's some level of belief he commited some sort of violence toward a pregnant woman... in this political atmosphere, at a liberal college? Either they conclude she made it all up or he's gone.

This could very well happen. I pray that the unborn child is unharmed. It’s a lose-lose situation all around. There are no winners.

As a lawyer, many of the people posting in here that he is innocent until proven guilty are correct. That’s the law of the land.

However, I don’t know Florida law, but in PA, if that baby is hurt, whether or not the girl wants to press charges goes out the window. The state can bring charges without her cooperation, assuming they can prove the material facts.

For lots of reasons, let’s hope that baby is okay.

Advertisement
Not an expert on this **** at all, but wouldn't it be completely innocent or nothing for him re: optics? Suspending him means there's some level of belief he commited some sort of violence toward a pregnant woman... in this political atmosphere, at a liberal college? Either they conclude she made it all up or he's gone.
I think it’s probably pretty standard and they probably had to do a suspension to start as he was being charged with an aggregious action - to see how it flushes out with information before doing anything else.

We can "Wait for the Facts" and he can not be involved with the program until then(if not permanently). Both things can happen. Frankly, the fact that he cared so little about the program, his teammates and the University enough to where he would even find himself in this situation is disheartening. Once again, it happened and he was there(allegedly).

Amazing how meatheads like yourself want to try to draw analogies to "Cancel Culture" , when this is a case of actions having consequences. This isn't a guy smoking a joint, this isn't a guy maybe out ******** around after having too many drinks in the Grove and a cop deciding to make an example of him. This is potentially a student-athlete putting his hands on a PREGNANT woman. Let that settle in. You have multiple issues at play. You have domestic violence, you have violence against a pregnant woman. This can torpedo any positive press this program has going, and for that, it's best to separate yourself from the player and if the evidence is conclusive, you move on.

Rule of thumb, if this was a walk-on and he was dismissed, would you care? No. Exactly. If some dude, who wasn't expected to contribute much did this, would you be up in arms about due process? No, because we realize that actions have consequences. Just because Williams is a highly touted guy, doesn't mean that we should be cool with him putting people at risk. You build winning cultures by holding people accountable. FSU played the "Wait for the facts" card with Winston, we all knew what that meant. It meant "Wait for this to blow over".

I think a suspension is too lenient. The university should expel him and the program should cut their ties immediately. A woman doesn't do that to herself, and she's not going to say it's her baby's father to cover up for someone else doing it to her. AW committed an unforgivable act whether or not he is ultimately charged with it. You don't need to wait for the process to play itself out here.

Advertisement
Yep. Probably the best outcome Tae could hope for.
Tae? You're calling him Tae. Are you friends with him? How about the best outcome is he gets his hair pulled and thrown out on the pavement outside of campus? Who gives a F what the best outcome for him is?

Based off what I can tell from reports and the conversation in court…….this isn’t nearly as bad as the initial report on this board made it out to be. Have no idea what Miami will do, but this isn’t what I initially feared it could be.

Advertisement
Let me explain something to this board:

If or when a woman changes her story about the abuse she’s suffered at the hands of her man, especially her husband, boy friend, baby daddy, etc. THAT DOES NOT MEAN SHE WAS LYING. Typically abused ppl, especially women, don’t want to see their loved one in trouble, despite the abuse they suffer. Also, they’re scared af to testify or confront them in court.

I have a homegirl, right now, beautiful chick that bore 3 kids w/ this fck ninja, and for 18 yrs she protected this dude. Made up stories to protect him. The last incident, he pistol whipped her, & when she came to, standing over her w/ the gun on her head. Guess what? She refused to press charges, and begged the police not to take him away. (Her sisters called on him). That dude choked her, caused a miscarriage on #4, blackened her eyes, and for 18 yrs she justified, excused, and NOT ONCE filed any charges. Just 3 yrs ago, she finally came to her senses, but she’s scarred for life. She admitted not having a father & him being the father to her kids, she didn’t want her kids to grow up like her & when U’re in an abusive relationship, u don’t know what’s real anymore.

I’m not insinuating anything; but what I am dispelling is this notion that if a woman decides not to confront or press charges that it didn’t happen. I have a homegirl & a cousin that’ll tell u otherwise.

We can "Wait for the Facts" and he can not be involved with the program until then(if not permanently). Both things can happen. Frankly, the fact that he cared so little about the program, his teammates and the University enough to where he would even find himself in this situation is disheartening. Once again, it happened and he was there(allegedly).

Amazing how meatheads like yourself want to try to draw analogies to "Cancel Culture" , when this is a case of actions having consequences. This isn't a guy smoking a joint, this isn't a guy maybe out ******** around after having too many drinks in the Grove and a cop deciding to make an example of him. This is potentially a student-athlete putting his hands on a PREGNANT woman. Let that settle in. You have multiple issues at play. You have domestic violence, you have violence against a pregnant woman. This can torpedo any positive press this program has going, and for that, it's best to separate yourself from the player and if the evidence is conclusive, you move on.

Rule of thumb, if this was a walk-on and he was dismissed, would you care? No. Exactly. If some dude, who wasn't expected to contribute much did this, would you be up in arms about due process? No, because we realize that actions have consequences. Just because Williams is a highly touted guy, doesn't mean that we should be cool with him putting people at risk. You build winning cultures by holding people accountable. FSU played the "Wait for the facts" card with Winston, we all knew what that meant. It meant "Wait for this to blow over".
Lol. I'm a meathead? I'm a 50something partner of a successful law firm.

What I am is patient, and I let facts and logic guide my decisions and not emotions. I suggest you do the same. I wouldn't care if he's in all American or walk on. I want everyone to get due process and be treated fairly, under the law and how they are perceived. Good luck and settle down.

I think a suspension is too lenient. The university should expel him and the program should cut their ties immediately. A woman doesn't do that to herself, and she's not going to say it's her baby's father to cover up for someone else doing it to her. AW committed an unforgivable act whether or not he is ultimately charged with it. You don't need to wait for the process to play itself out here.
I'm going to have to disagree 100% with this. You have no idea what actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back