Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I have zero judgement to make here, because I have zero idea what happened.

I don’t know his backstory, nor should that make a difference for this very specific incident.

We have a system of checks and balances in this country, that are built into the judicial system.

A suspect is given the presumption of innocence in a court of law, but obviously not in the court of public opinion.

But I am not aware of any verifiable or even trustworthy facts regarding the events that landed him in jail.

So therefore not having any knowledge of what happened, I am not even going to attempt an opinion of him or his future, nor judge him or opine on what should be his fate regarding his freedom, or even what should happen regarding his football career. To do so, would be to jump to conclusions without even having a shred of appropriate knowledge.

All I can say now is that I wish the best of health for the alleged victim and the unborn child. To say anything else is just foolish and nothing more than prurient.

If he has done what is alleged, then that's a wrap. Period, amazing how many people want to play white knight for a young man that apparently makes awful decisions in his personal life. Playing for the University of Miami is a privilege, not a right and I don't have any sympathy for anyone that would put the program and their teammates at risk by being a dumbass. Is it possible that homegirl pulled a "Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and created her own injuries? Yes. It's also a lot more likely that dude took the words from "Gorilla Pimp" way too seriously. This should be a pretty simple investigation, Manny should ask him straight up about what happened. If dude cops to it, that's his last day on campus. Frankly, I'd be leaning more towards dismissal anyway, unless there was indisputable video evidence that Williams didn't do anything, which we know doesn't exist.

Let this be a lesson to him, stop messing around on these women, and stop putting yourself in situations where this can happen. Maybe had someone taken action early on with Lawrence Phillips, maybe he would have gotten the message. It happened and you were there. That's grounds for dismissal.

So basically she's already being uncooperative and he is being released on house arrest.

It’s unbelievable to me but I also know OP to be 110% upstanding person. He posted it originally 6 hours befor Avantae was booked.

I grew up with her. She’s a good person. What’s your problem?

He reported legit news, I have no problem with him whatsoever. Where I have a problem is our alleged fans trying to make excuses for this behavior. Sorry, but odds are Avantae put his hands on her, which is a zero tolerance offense in my eyes. We don't stand for that here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He reported legit news, I have no problem with him whatsoever. Where I have a problem is our alleged fans trying to make excuses for this behavior. Sorry, but odds are Avantae put his hands on her, which is a zero tolerance offense in my eyes. We don't stand for that here.
I agree with you. I’m getting ****ed off at this ****. For one, I know the OP and @Rellyrell will vouch for him as well though we shouldn’t have to. And these aren’t random questionable type injuries.

Advertisement

You can have all the problems you want to have. As for the opinions of others, they're certainly free to share their opinions, just like you're free to share yours.

As for me, I see plenty of white knighting going on in this thread...on both sides of the topic.

Bro are u trying to get banned? Chill out.
2D92895C-0991-4535-99D4-3447C54CC448.gif

Advertisement
Oh man, tae was burying himself in the court room with the bond. The lawyer was trying to get a lower bond and tae kept saying he makes money and that UM coaches would post it for him.
Kids like this are program ruiners, they make **** poor decisions, then they do things like flap their gums. The more that comes out, the less I like this young man. He's replaceable, and we've kicked out kids before for significantly less.

There is a path out of this for him. It will involve apologies, counseling and advocating against domestic violence. He has potential and children to feed. It would be best for all concerned if he stepped up and figured out how to be a respectable adult father.

In a thread chock full of excrement, beautiful post.

Redemption, assuming he is guilty of something, which he may or may not be, is available for all!

:jordan: :jordan: :jordan: :jordan: :jordan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back