Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He got the help He needed when He got a full ride to The University Of Miami. There's kids out there that don't play football, do everything right, stay outta trouble, have the GPA & test scores, want to go to UM, but can't because their parents don't have the bread. Yet here we are giving scholarships and making excuses for a loser with a rap sheet.
I agree with a lot…the only thing is he earned that scholarship UM didn’t give it to him he earned it…

Really pains me to hear this, and my heart goes out to the young lady and the kids. Very bad situation for Avantae, and I hope he uses this situation to get help and turn his life around. Football should be the last thing on his mind at this point. Prayers for all involved.

I was just saying separately that it was so good to have a quiet offseason with no off-field issues popping up. Well that went right out the window...

Back to the football field -- This is precisely why you stack chips unless it's just outrageous (like taking 3 QBs in a class). Each season, someone expected to heavily contribute will not be able to for various reasons. So we need to always keep a deep, talented bench to replace those guys and keep it moving.

This makes the pursuit of Kamari Wilson that much more important. Oh, and James Williams - Get your *** ready young man because you've got some heavy minutes coming your way sooner than you thought.

This is something that if anywhere near true should result in Williams being dismissed from the program, no questions asked. Sorry, but we cannot afford to have someone that would physically assault a pregnant woman(or any woman for that matter) on the team, nor should we tolerate such behavior. I know we have a ton of meatheads in our fanbase that believe that if you have talent, you should be able to get away with anything, but rational people understand that we hold student-athletes to a high standard.

Advertisement
Yeah but young adults make bad choice, weve all been there. im just praying for the baby and we will wait for the full report and facts to come out later. and then ill pass judgment, but kid needs a mentor like willis had here if it ends up being able to stay. But these kids should know they can call a coach if they need help man, but you never hear that happening.
These kids as a whole think they know it all. Im referencing youth as a whole, not just Miami Hurricanes. When you know it all and you aint but 20, you are primed to fall hard.

Advertisement
Some need to be banned from talking about anything requiring sound judgment. Apparently, we have a ton of morons in our "Fanbase", the kind that would excuse abhorrent behavior, just because "We want to win football games". Pathetic.
Hitting women makes grown men right? If you hit a woman in any circumstance you are the scurge of the earth. Not my rules but societies.

No one here is beating any chests or trying to troll....I broke news pretty much as it was happening...my reputation on this board is **** good. But the original thread was taken down. I stated facts....and more...
You wantbto downplay a pregnant women being beaten...thats on you.
This is why people leave this site...SMH
There is still a way to break news without being shrewd. "Remember where you heard it first" is not a delicate way to approach the situation. You came off as an as$hole imo but agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Disagree.

Being the first to have the story is what journalism used to be--this case being citizen journo. You think Susan Miller Degnan wouldn't be full of pride if she were the first to break this news and got a bunch of RTs? Big name news outlets would pride themselves on beating everyone else at breaking news stories wide open all the time and nobody called them out on it--their competition just tried next time to get better at breaking the news faster. ****, the same with high school girls gossiping.

Let OP homie get his lumps. No need to **** on him for being happy about being well-informed or well-connected.
I wouldn't expect a journalist (SMD shouldnt qualify) to be on a fan website. No one hear should be happy or proud when sht like this happens. I never doubted OP info I just thought he was tasteless with his presentation.

Advertisement
Underrated post. Social media has convinced this generation they know it all and the majority arent even old enough to rent a **** car. Smh.
One of the posters above me posted the court video...its very sad because he has opened himself up to a world where he has NO rights. He went from being in control to no control at all in minutes.

Btw, you are so right.

Some need to be banned from talking about anything requiring sound judgment. Apparently, we have a ton of morons in our "Fanbase", the kind that would excuse abhorrent behavior, just because "We want to win football games". Pathetic.
It’s unbelievable to me but I also know OP to be 110% upstanding person. He posted it originally 6 hours befor Avantae was booked.

I grew up with her. She’s a good person. What’s your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back