Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Good grief, lose the freaking hairdo Avantae.
z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Anyone who thought the girl was going to appear in court or on a Zoom call with the smoking gun in hand is living in another galaxy. Now they might not need her but who knows if the prosecution is even going to take this any farther than it is. Thats why it was good on UMs part not to immediately dismiss him before waiting until the facts came out. And for the people who bring up what was said in the police report..alot of things are said in the heat of anger and emotion. Avantae was basically kicking this chick out of his apartment and was moving on the next chick. (Stupid move btw) So yeah, I can see there being some very salty feelings here.

That said, he brought this on himself however this plays out. As soon as he came there and saw her still packing her stuff, he should have left and took a walk until she was done. Even if it took her a week to pack..you go sleep on a teammates couch for a week. Engaging an angry, pregnant woman who feels you are throwing her in the trash for the next chick aint the way to go. Nothing but trouble.

I mean, didn't we kick Sam Bruce off the team for being lazy and not showing up to meetings? I highly doubt we see Avante in a Miami uniform again.

Advertisement
I mean, didn't we kick Sam Bruce off the team for being lazy and not showing up to meetings? I highly doubt we see Avante in a Miami uniform again.
As I recall, several permissives round here excorciated CMR for his discipline of what turned out to be the all-world best ever WR Sambourghini

They were canned because those managers made a lazy decision to cover their own asses. You appear to be encouraging the University of Miami to do the same.

The attorneys on this thread universally are calling for due process, not knee-jerk reactions.
Or they made that decision because they are intelligent and know full well that it is never the crime that gets you in trouble, it's the coverup. Ask Urban Meyer, Art Briles, Jimbo Fisher, and Joe Pa about covering things up and how it works out long term for an organization. It may be in everyone's best interest for Avantae to go somewhere else, it's definitely in the program's best interest, because then you absolve yourself of responsibility if he continues to make **** poor decisions. The kind of young man that has 2 kids by 20, the kind of guy that is allegedly not faithful to a woman he just knocked up, the kind of young man that would put himself in a position to where a DV incident like this could occur is also the kind of guy that is very likely to do something else sketchy.

Why put yourself in that situation? Randy Shannon used to say "If I get a call about you after midnight, you're gone". It was tough, but it made a ton of sense, note that he didn't have a bunch of crazy criminal stuff going on. Same with Butch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back