Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It’s unbelievable to me but I also know OP to be 110% upstanding person. He posted it originally 6 hours befor Avantae was booked.

I grew up with her. She’s a good person. What’s your problem?
It’s all a moot point now that he has been thrown off the team, but I took some issue with the judge when I watched that.

perhaps I’m stupid. I likely am. I don’t know much about the legal system.

but the judge is supposed to rule based on the law and be impartial. Until any defendant is found guilty I always believed there was to be a presumption of innocence.

everything seemed to be normal until Avante said he was an athlete at UM. The judge rolled her eyes, blew out a disgusted breathe and tilted her head back. Her body language and tone drastically changed for the worse. Then she made the comment about NIL in a derogatory tone implying she has a strong opinion on that whole program.

now if I were a betting man I’d say the kid is guilty as F and deserves everything he ends up with, but I feel like he was treated differently than a random 20 yr old would have been treated.

giphy.webp

Advertisement
Manny did the right thing, if what I'm hearing is true. You can't have this happening around the program. I do hope that Manny sits down the young man and gives him a plan of action in regards to rebuilding his life. Help him find a JUCO, help him in regards to being in an environment where he can get structure, because this dude obviously makes **** poor decisions. If he is serious about getting back on track, there's people willing to give him a chance. That said, it shouldn't happen at Miami.

I don't think the school did the right thing. Has nothing to do with being a Canes fan and everything to do with waiting until the facts have been established.

Do you also think it's right that many universities have delegated the right to Student Honor Councils to expel students based on sexual assault allegations, which basically gives other students the right to ruin someone's life based purely on allegations?

Why would you disagree with someone who says, "let's wait for a court of law to make a decision" before advocating for a kid to be dismissed from school? The program could suspend him pending the resolution of the charges- that would be fair- but if charges end up being dropped, you really think the kid should still be dismissed even though dropped charges means there is not sufficient proof to establish that he broke a law?

As Jay-Z said, “Nobody wins when the Family Feuds”

Everyone tied to this lost today. No winners here. Football team included.

Good luck to the kids moving forward and the mothers of the children as well. They didn’t ask for this.

Advertisement
I don't think the school did the right thing. Has nothing to do with being a Canes fan and everything to do with waiting until the facts have been established.

Do you also think it's right that many universities have delegated the right to Student Honor Councils to expel students based on sexual assault allegations, which basically gives other students the right to ruin someone's life based purely on allegations?

Why would you disagree with someone who says, "let's wait for a court of law to make a decision" before advocating for a kid to be dismissed from school? The program could suspend him pending the resolution of the charges- that would be fair- but if charges end up being dropped, you really think the kid should still be dismissed even though dropped charges means there is not sufficient proof to establish that he broke a law?
UM also has lawyers and he violated the LOI he signed with his actions.

Cost himself and his family millions of dollars and most likely any shot at a successful career in something. Hope I'm wrong and he gets his **** together. He got a second chance after medically redshirting and decided to throw it all away like a punk. Sad story all around.

$h!t, with 2 mouths to feed and another on the way, He's costing His family money NOW...He was getting NIL money and a monthly stipend. But if He's as talented as I hear He is, He should get another shot somewhere.

He earned that chance ok…they didn’t give him s**t….he earned a scholarship…
Did he really father 3 kids while in HS, by different mothers? If so, and if Diaz and/or the assistant recruiting him were aware, gotta question their judgment. Big time. What really were the odds of him ever being successful at UM? I'd say not very high at all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
UM also has lawyers and he violated the LOI he signed with his actions.

Again, you are assuming he did something wrong, which has not been established. Hypothetically, let's say it goes to court and it turns out his girlfriend isn't mentally stable and she made up the whole thing. If that's the situation, then what part of the LOI did he violate? Dating a crazy person?

Troubled man who made the biggest mistake in his life. Ima pray for the victims and their family but it had to be done .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back