Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you are assuming he did something wrong, which has not been established. Hypothetically, let's say it goes to court and it turns out his girlfriend isn't mentally stable and she made up the whole thing. If that's the situation, then what part of the LOI did he violate? Dating a crazy person?
I have a feeling there is some physical evidence here that negates the idea that she made it up.

Advertisement
Did he really father 3 kids while in HS, by different mothers? If so, and if Diaz and/or the assistant recruiting him were aware, gotta question their judgment. Big time. What really were the odds of him being successful at UM? I'd say not very high at all.
Nick Cannon is in his 40s and is doing the same thing. He certainly has the means to handle that but getting girls pregnant doesn't mean you should expect the kid is capable of something like this. He aint the first to enter college with multiple children and he won't be the last.

I tried to tell you guys it was worse than they would say. There are other details as well. Thanks for those who had my back.

This is a tragic situation....prayers for mother and child
Appreciate you bringing forth what you did.... This is just terrible any way it's presented...

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was a ton of violence at home growing up. Snapping and doing that to a pregnant women doesn’t just happen unless you’ve been around that behavior.

Did he say UM coaches would pay for his bond at the hearing?

Lol 10 years of probation coming up......for UM. NCAA just got a hard on reading that claim.

Right LOL.

I remember my Mom told me if I ever get locked up, don't bother calling Her because I wouldn't be Her Son anymore...yet here we have a kid that was saying His coaches would allegedly bail Him out.

I seriously hope He misspoke or their was some kind of misunderstanding.

Advertisement
I have a feeling there is some physical evidence here that negates the idea that she made it up.

You know a really good way to find out if there is physical evidence or not? Wait for it to go to trial.

Or let's say his lawyer convinces him it's in his best interest to plea to a lesser charge. Well, in that case the school can say that he admitted guilt to some offense and there is clear reason why dismissing him isn't premature.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that the girlfriend will not be a cooperative witness and the prosecution will end up dropping charges. That's extremely typical with DV offenses.

Advertisement
So now he gets picked up by Mullen and all will be forgotten with an apology and statement that he should have made better choices.

Glad that WE stood our ground in this as it is intolerable. Sad that this kid will not be a part of the turnaround of this program.

$h!t, with 2 mouths to feed and another on the way, He's costing His family money NOW...He was getting NIL money and a monthly stipend. But if He's as talented as I hear He is, He should get another shot somewhere.
Last Chance U coming up!

So now he gets picked up by Mullen and all will be forgotten with an apology and statement that he should have made better choices.

Glad that WE stood our ground in this as it is intolerable. Sad that this kid will not be a part of the turnaround of this program.
He ain't playing big time football again. His football career is over.

Advertisement
I mean he's off the team so I think it's safe to spill the beans
I mean it's not like the other people involved matter. Particularly the children. It's all about football. So yeah just spill the beans.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

Hearing the horrible Tae news but knowing James Williams already on campus

Advertisement
While I strongly believe you should never rush to judgement, situations like these make it very apparent who has daughters and who doesn't.

I have a daughter and am the oldest (and only) brother of three sisters. If my daughter or one of my sisters told me to my face that some man had grabbed her by the hair, flung her around, and struck her while she was pregnant, I would end up arrested for voluntary manslaughter and they would never find the pieces of that man's corpse. Depending on the circumstances, I might catch a second charge for going after that man's father for his complete dereliction of duty and failure to properly educate his son on how you treat women.

But that doesn't mean my actions would be just, fair, warranted, or anywhere near appropriate. We might even come to find that the circumstances were not as we originally were led to believe. And maybe we would find out later that my daughter/sister embellished the story. Or worse, that I had been lied to.

This is precisely why we have a system of laws. To protect us (all of us) from the dangers of biased/invested individuals rushing to judgment when our blood is hot and our passions are enflamed.

As for Avantae, I suspect the truth will come out soon enough. Whether he is innocent, guilty, or somewhere in between, I hope he gets exactly what he deserves (whatever that is).

You know a really good way to find out if there is physical evidence or not? Wait for it to go to trial.

Or let's say his lawyer convinces him it's in his best interest to plea to a lesser charge. Well, in that case the school can say that he admitted guilt to some offense and there is clear reason why dismissing him isn't premature.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that the girlfriend will not be a cooperative witness and the prosecution will end up dropping charges. That's extremely typical with DV offenses.
Do you need to go to wait for trail if there are pictures, she is in the hospital or had to go to the er? Not saying that happened. I don’t know. The standard for dismissal from a football program is not beyond a reasonable doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back