Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He will have to go the JUCO route, IMO. Whether he makes it back to a major program is on him. He needs to make a serious life changes for one. 3 kids by 20 and you're a woman beater shows he's got some mental issues when it comes to women at the very least.
Full neck tats are usually not a good indicator of great choices or emotional maturity.

Advertisement
I couldn't give 3 ***s, 2 chickens, and the muppet costume you wear what you think*.

I feel better.

*adding @HarrietTubmanCane
CCADF58C-E035-4D51-A6DB-64DEC032E4F8.gif

Curious:

If innocent until proven guilty, not a great look by UM...

UNLESS...

1) AV admitted he is in trouble (to UM) and/or police informed University "we got pics and witnesses";
2) UM is making a gutless knee jerk reaction to avoid #metomob... they could have put him in deep freeze, removed him from all activity "until the legal matter is more developed... blah.. blah... blah...

OR

3) they banished him for that hideous haircut... 😭😭😭😭😭😭

👆amirite @plantcity3...😂😂😂😂😂😂 hey ohhhhhhhh

I mean this escalated quickly didn't it??

Advertisement
JW mom was killed due to domestic violence. This ain’t gonna fly with him and what he stands for as a man and nor should it. Keeping him on the team would be beyond disrespectful to a future leader on the team and there in the same room.
Oh ok didn’t know that …Rip to his mom

Advertisement
It’s all a moot point now that he has been thrown off the team, but I took some issue with the judge when I watched that.

perhaps I’m stupid. I likely am. I don’t know much about the legal system.

but the judge is supposed to rule based on the law and be impartial. Until any defendant is found guilty I always believed there was to be a presumption of innocence.

everything seemed to be normal until Avante said he was an athlete at UM. The judge rolled her eyes, blew out a disgusted breathe and tilted her head back. Her body language and tone drastically changed for the worse. Then she made the comment about NIL in a derogatory tone implying she has a strong opinion on that whole program.

now if I were a betting man I’d say the kid is guilty as F and deserves everything he ends up with, but I feel like he was treated differently than a random 20 yr old would have been treated.
I didn’t see it. I tried to watch it but am having cell issues intermittently so I can’t say firsthand. I just saw “FU judge” and saw who the judge is and I’ve always known her to be a good person.

Advertisement
Avantae will play football again. it might not be for us but he will play again. people need to learn anger resolution. 1 bad judgement is costing him everything. sucks too is that the children and mothers who would have benefitted from him making it will ultimately be hurt. he really needs to get it together if he gets another chance

And they arrest for one count of misdemeanor DV. Not three counts on felony DV.

They only need one charge to arrest. There is absolutely zero point to falsify other charges short of independent motives.

Come on with this nonsense.
Nobody is saying they’re falsifying other charges. I’m saying how the system works. The police arrests for whatever they think they have probable cause for. Then the state will investigate and decide what charges they want to move forward on; which will be whatever they feel they can ultimately prove beyond a reasonable doubt.
Nevertheless, getting into a legal battle on CIS feels pretty asinine so for that, I’m out

Opposing defenses should have been arrested for what they did to our team
From ESPN:

Miami Hurricanes freshman safety Avantae Williams has been kicked off the football team after he was arrested Wednesday on domestic violence charges, the school announced.

Williams, 20, is facing three counts of aggravated battery of a pregnant person, according to Miami-Dade County records.

"The University of Miami announced Thursday that freshman safety Avantae Williams has been dismissed from the football program," the school said in a statement.

According to a Miami-Dade Police Department incident report, the woman, Williams' ex-girlfriend, is 31 weeks pregnant, and Williams was aware of the pregnancy. They have been living together for four months.

The woman, according to the report, said she and Williams were arguing about his involvement with another woman when Williams said, "When I return from practice, you need to be gone."

She was in her bedroom packing her things to leave when Williams returned from practice, the woman said. According to the report, Williams was angry that she was still in the residence, grabbed her by her hair and threw her onto the bed, grabbed her again and threw her to the ground, and then picked her up and threw her to the ground outside the residence, where she hit her head, before contacting a neighbor and calling 911.

The woman was taken to a hospital for evaluation. The report states she suffered multiple bruises to her arms and a minor bruise to her neck.

Police said Williams was not interviewed by the detective and was represented by legal counsel.
so who do you think ended up
Packing faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back