Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious:

If innocent until proven guilty, not a great
look by UM...

UNLESS...

1) AV admitted he is in trouble (to UM) and/or police informed University "we got pics and witnesses";
2) UM is making a gutless knee jerk reaction to avoid #metomob... they could have put him in deep freeze, removed him from all activity "until the legal matter is more developed... blah.. blah... blah...

OR

3) they banished him for that hideous haircut... 😭😭😭😭😭😭

👆amirite @plantcity3...😂😂😂😂😂😂 hey ohhhhhhhh

I mean this escalated quickly didn't it??

👆you had wrong outfit on

View attachment 150340

rumored to be the bottom... 😭😭😭

925C2F0E-66D8-4B3F-8998-782CB94F8F86.gif

Advertisement
This is reason #1,347 why Miami can’t ever get back to competing for national titles.

While the top teams in the country continue to grab the best Florida blue chippers year after year, the Canes land a top rated safety out of Florida…and he proceeds to miss his first season with an undisclosed injury and then when he’s about to break out in year two, he lands in jail. Always getting the wrong Florida “can’t miss” prospects. Smh.

Having said that, this whole thing is tragic on so many levels, far beyond anything that happens on the field.

Again, you are assuming he did something wrong, which has not been established. Hypothetically, let's say it goes to court and it turns out his girlfriend isn't mentally stable and she made up the whole thing. If that's the situation, then what part of the LOI did he violate? Dating a crazy person?
Not assuming anything. He was at UM by invitation because UM offered him a scholarship to play football and it can be yanked at their discretion for whatever reason; getting arrested, embarrassing the University, saying to the judge that UM coaches would help him (!) being uncooperative with other players/coaches you name it. Players have been dismissed for less so UM didn't have to "prove" anything to cut him loose.

Advertisement
As a man, domestic violence only leads to you ending up in jail or getting killed/seriously injured by your girl or one of her family members. I went through a rough time with the mother of my daughter a few years ago & had to learn this lesson.

If the school decides to let him go for this, I hope he learns from his mistake, avoids a career-ending penalty from the judicial system & bounces back at JUCO/whatever school he attends. If he doesn't, I hope his story is a lesson to the young brothers going forward.
Sigh, just saw the news that he's been dismissed.

Like I said, I hope he avoids serious jail time & continues on with his football career. If he doesn't get the chance to redeem himself, I hope all young men look at him as an example of what not to do.

From ESPN:

Miami Hurricanes freshman safety Avantae Williams has been kicked off the football team after he was arrested Wednesday on domestic violence charges, the school announced.

Williams, 20, is facing three counts of aggravated battery of a pregnant person, according to Miami-Dade County records.

"The University of Miami announced Thursday that freshman safety Avantae Williams has been dismissed from the football program," the school said in a statement.

According to a Miami-Dade Police Department incident report, the woman, Williams' ex-girlfriend, is 31 weeks pregnant, and Williams was aware of the pregnancy. They have been living together for four months.

The woman, according to the report, said she and Williams were arguing about his involvement with another woman when Williams said, "When I return from practice, you need to be gone."

She was in her bedroom packing her things to leave when Williams returned from practice, the woman said. According to the report, Williams was angry that she was still in the residence, grabbed her by her hair and threw her onto the bed, grabbed her again and threw her to the ground, and then picked her up and threw her to the ground outside the residence, where she hit her head, before contacting a neighbor and calling 911.

The woman was taken to a hospital for evaluation. The report states she suffered multiple bruises to her arms and a minor bruise to her neck.

Police said Williams was not interviewed by the detective and was represented by legal counsel.

Yeah;

So anyways, OP 1st said he was arrested. “Boo that man”, said the gallery. “Where’s the proof?”, said the gallery. Thread deleted.

Aight, proof provided. OP said it’s much worst than what he wants to share. Now, LOGICALLY, after providing the proof from the original thread, u would think some ppl would think w/ their heads & be like “ooooh, ****; maybe so.” NOPE, not the peanut gallery of CIS, who love to white knight under any & all circumstances. Smh

I believe in 2nd chances; but every action comes w/ a reaction, and if the reaction isn’t strong enough, I promise u the 2nd chance will become a 3rd chance, which will become a 4th chance, until there are no more chances one way or another.

What I hope is for T-Rob, DVD, and Manny give this young man the proper guidance. Reach out to some JUCO programs, keep tabs on him, and when he’s ready, maybe put in a good word w/ some other Universities to continue on his life, BUT he can’t rep us. His, hopeful, redemption needs to come from somewhere else. Our brand is much stronger than one player, & in today’s society, this is especially a no-go.

I hope the young lady & most importantly this unborn child are OK. I hope AW15 get his life in order to be the best man he could be, and set a fine example as a father to his kids.

Advertisement
Yeah;

So anyways, OP 1st said he was arrested. “Boo that man”, said the gallery. “Where’s the proof?”, said the gallery. Thread deleted.

Aight, proof provided. OP said it’s much worst than what he wants to share. Now, LOGICALLY, after providing the proof from the original thread, u would think some ppl would think w/ their heads & be like “ooooh, ****; maybe so.” NOPE, not the peanut gallery of CIS, who love to white knight under any & all circumstances. Smh

I believe in 2nd chances; but every action comes w/ a reaction, and if the reaction isn’t strong enough, I promise u the 2nd chance will become a 3rd chance, which will become a 4th chance, until there are no more chances one way or another.

What I hope is for T-Rob, DVD, and Manny give this young man the proper guidance. Reach out to some JUCO programs, keep tabs on him, and when he’s ready, maybe put in a good word w/ some other Universities to continue on his life, BUT he can’t rep us. His, hopeful, redemption needs to come from somewhere else. Our brand is much stronger than one player, & in today’s society, this is especially a no-go.

I hope the young lady & most importantly this unborn child are OK. I hope AW15 get his life in order to be the best man he could be, and set a fine example as a father to his kids.
yeah I agree hope they haven't just tossed him out.

Yeah;

This X100

Yeah;

Spot on and level headed as always.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tae? You're calling him Tae. Are you friends with him? How about the best outcome is he gets his hair pulled and thrown out on the pavement outside of campus? Who gives a F what the best outcome for him is?
Troll *****, I'll call him what the **** I want to call him. You're just making up dumb *** arguments to start &hit. Get the fvck off the board because you clearly didn't read my initial post whatsoever.

This is reason #1,347 why Miami can’t ever get back to competing for national titles.

While the top teams in the country continue to grab the best Florida blue chippers year after year, the Canes land a top rated safety out of Florida…and he proceeds to miss his first season with an undisclosed injury and then when he’s about to break out in year two, he lands in jail. Always getting the wrong Florida “can’t miss” prospects. Smh.

Having said that, this whole thing is tragic on so many levels, far beyond anything that happens on the field.
People act like the team was choir boys back in the 80s and 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back