"Auburn Definitely At The Top"

What's funny is people saying he fits Auburn's system and not ours. Malzahn and his OC admitted they don't have a system. They'll adapt to whatever their best players can do. Look no further than their signing of Sean White this year -- a prototypical pocket passer, and a statue in every sense of the word.

Saying one thing and doing another are two different things. He just happened to go out of his way to recruit a juco QB who that runs his system? I think not. Fwiw White is not a prototypical pocket QB either.. His best feature is his mobility.

Advertisement
What's funny is people saying he fits Auburn's system and not ours. Malzahn and his OC admitted they don't have a system. They'll adapt to whatever their best players can do. Look no further than their signing of Sean White this year -- a prototypical pocket passer, and a statue in every sense of the word.

Saying one thing and doing another are two different things. He just happened to go out of his way to recruit a juco QB who that runs his system? I think not. Fwiw White is not a prototypical pocket QB either.. His best feature is his mobility.

Over the last several seasons, Malzahn and his offensive coordinator, Rhett Lashlee, have evolved the offense beyond its wing-T roots. Rather than chase the latest trends floating around coaching clinics, however, the two have always built their offense around their players, in particular their quarterback. While many consider Malzahn a run-game guru, he has coached pass-happy offenses, run-heavy attacks, and evenly balanced offenses over the last seven years.

At Tulsa, he had passing offenses ranked 3rd and 9th in the country. With Auburn, he ran more with Cam Newton, naturally. At Arkansas St he threw it all over the place again with the 16th best passing offense in the country. He's not married to any one thing except the hurry-up and the no-huddle.

As far as White is concerned, I don't know if you and I are talking about the same recruit. He's an excellent pocket passer that was clocked at just over a 5.0 in the 40. If you're saying he moves well in the pocket at avoiding the rush, ok, but if you're expecting him to run a read option 50 times a game I think you might be watching the wrong tape.

Last edited:
Malzahn had a statue at QB his first year at Auburn. I want to say the offense improved by almost 100 spots in the rankings. And I'm serious when I say that. I think in scoring offense he went from being ranked like 115th to being ranked 15th. Greatest turnaround I've ever seen.

Honestly I was thinking more of OSU. And lets face it, Malzahn can get away with saying whatever the **** he wants as an HC/OC like Meyer. Coley doesnt have that cred. And we have NEVER run anything even close to resembling a spread option offense at UM.

Just win. The rest will take care of itself. I am not worried about our recruiting it's always been pretty **** good and I think it will be really good again next year.

Advertisement
This kid will have at least 2 new favorites later. Just focus on winning and getting stud recruits. If we get him great but it wont break us if we get another stud qb instead of him

Malzahn is an offensive genius, very few guys like him out there.

Coley has the easiest sell in the world for Gibson.

"Do you want to be Tim Tebow? Braxton Miller? Or do you want to be an NFL quarterback? Every quarterback I've worked with cashes NFL checks. That's all I know. You can go to Ohio State and win the Heisman or you can get with me and be a first rounder."

Is it true? Maybe not. But that's the selling point.

Last edited:

"Do you want to be Tim Tebow or Braxton Miller? Or do you want to be an NFL quarterback? Every quarterback I've worked with cashes NFL checks. That's all I know. You can go to Ohio State and win the Heisman or you can get with me and be a first rounder."

you bring up a good point.

Miami had a lot of first rounders from 01 to 05.

The coaches who brought them up are gone, yet Miami is still considered to have "produced" those NFL Talents.

Advertisement

"Do you want to be Tim Tebow or Braxton Miller? Or do you want to be an NFL quarterback? Every quarterback I've worked with cashes NFL checks. That's all I know. You can go to Ohio State and win the Heisman or you can get with me and be a first rounder."

The coaches who brought them up are gone, yet Miami is still considered to have "produced" those NFL Talents.

I'm referring to Coley's track record. Christian Ponder, EJ Manuel, etc.

i know. what i meant was this.

who should have more credit to claiming to have produced nfl talent?

the coaches or the school itself?

Corley never coached QBs at FSU, that was Fisher. Corley corched up the TEs.

Advertisement
Coley discovered kaaya and possibly discovered another gem today ..plus if we get on wimbrush..Whatever happened happens

Advertisement
Back