"Auburn Definitely At The Top"

We must make sure we offer and recruit this kid because god forbid we dont offer a kid from south fla.... :rollcanes:

Even if the kid is suited for the wishbone

Advertisement
i know you guys think it's fun, but it's wayyy to early to panic and mope about 2015.

we still got 2014 to cry about and 2013 to rehash.

And to reminisce and get nostalgic over 1983, 87, 89, 91 and 01....and what coulda shoulda been in '88. I won't mention 2002, because I'm not a whiner like all the other UM fans who think the 2002 title was stolen from us by that official. Yeah, it was a bad call, but we put ourselves in a terrible position by being outplayed and outhit most of the game.

This guy is going to be great no matter where he goes. Unfortunately, he's not coming to Miami (at least early signs point to this) but we will have talent at the position so not all hope is lost.

Let's just hope he doesn't go to FSU.

I want stud DT PERIOD..... Oh and 1 stud CB and 1 stud RB.... that's it.. there will be so many QB's by the middle of summer and we found Kaaya.. I believe we will find another gem.

Kid is a spread option QB that is going to go play in a Spread Option system that he feels is a best fit for him. This is the QUINTESSENTIAL kid who "likes UM" and promptly leaves town for college.

People need to get this through their heads NOW. Gibson is NOT coming here. He will list us because we will recruit him, and we are the hometown team. But UM will be lucky to come in 3rd for him. He's not coming to UM. This is not an idea offense for him. And sure Coley can sell him on "tailoring" the offense for him more, but Meyer and Auburn can sell a turn key system for him to step right into.

He's not coming here.

Advertisement
i know you guys think it's fun, but it's wayyy to early to panic and mope about 2015.

And to reminisce and get nostalgic over 1983, 87, 89, 91 and 01....and what coulda shoulda been in '88. I won't mention 2002, because I'm not a whiner like all the other UM fans who think the 2002 title was stolen from us by that official. Yeah, it was a bad call, but we put ourselves in a terrible position by being outplayed and outhit most of the game.
So true the talent we had that game shouldnt of even been that **** close

QBs usually make their decisions early and usually don't waver. Falling behind early is a big deal.

Well I believe I read somewhere that Gibson said he is planning on waiting till NSD or after(Like Pryor) to make his decision, which is extremely rare for a QB recruit(as stated above).

I fully expect us not to land Gibson, and I hope we go after Wimbush hard(already has a Cane offer).

Would be awesome to land the QB/CB package of Brandon Wimbush and Minkah Fitzpatrick from St Peter's Prep in NJ(we do pretty well up there) since we def aren't landing the QB/CB package of Torrance Gibson and Tavarrus McFadden from American Heritage, not to mention that Brandon Wimbush(4 star pro style QB) fits our system much better than Gibson who will def play for a team like O$U or Auburn who require dual threat QBs.

I am almost 100% certain that Gibson will not be a Hurricane, the sooner you guys come to this realization the easier next NSD will be when he heads outta state.

And to the people saying "oh well, we just got Kaaya and Olsen the year before, we don't need a QB in this class" you are completely wrong, and that was a Coker and Shannon way of thinking.(Coker only brought in Kyle Write and Kirby Freeman from 2003-2006 and Shannon only brought in Robert Marve[transferred], Japicky Harris, Stephen Morris, Taylor Cook[lol transferred], and Cannon Smith[LOL transferred] from 2007-2010 SMH)

IMO you must bring in at least one QB a year.

Yes QB may not be a top 10 priority for this class after bringing in the best back to back QB classes(Olsen, Kaaya, and Rosier) I've seen us get since probably the 80s, but you still have to sign one solid QB in this class, and Wimbush is way more than just a solid QB, so securing his commitment early(most QBs commit before their Sr season) would be huge, and def help in landing his 5 star team mate CB Minkah Fitzpatrick down the stretch, who IMO is way better than Tavarrus McFadden.

Not sure why everyone says he's not coming here. I think he has interest and if Coley wants him we have as good a shot as any.

Advertisement
Not sure why everyone says he's not coming here. I think he has interest and if Coley wants him we have as good a shot as any.

Sorry bro, but he ain't commin.

Might as well move on now.

It has been pointed out to him which offenses suit his skill set best, and he is not interested in any team that runs a pro style except us for the only reason that we are the "home team" and he is showing respect, remember this is a "business decision".

He is no die hard Cane fan like Duke growing up, and will def be one of those "south FL diva recruits", get ready.

He has already said that he will wait till NSD or after(for the added hype) to decide which is extremely unusual for QBs, so please don't get your hopes up.

Have Coley continue to recruit the **** outta him, but IMO we should make Wimbush a priority b/c we actually have a legit shot at landing him.

We never had a chance with this kid.

Besides, he'd be a heisman candidate at auburn.

Advertisement
I don't see how Miami would be attractive to this type of QB, I don't think there is a chance in **** that he comes here and I don't blame him

Advertisement
I'm not even worried about it. Both Auburn and OSU have far better sales pitches for mobile QBs and we just got Kaaya. I'm more interested in the stud secondary, WR, and RB group in south Florida this year.

BOOM! If im him why the **** would I come here and have to compete with Olson, Kaaya, Rosier, Crow? When I can go to OSU or AU and be the starter the moment I set foot on campus? We can blame Al for this one all we want but sometimes we gotta use our brains here people. These kids dont give a **** about loyalty or bringing the U back. They want to play NOW. And get to the league. Ask Dalvin Cook.

I have already conceded we wont get him. Lets just not lose out on the "Fab 5". (JJ, TIrvin, SBB, Ridley, TCole)

Advertisement
Back