"Auburn Definitely At The Top"

Advertisement
I'm not even worried about it. Both Auburn and OSU have far better sales pitches for mobile QBs and we just got Kaaya. I'm more interested in the stud secondary, WR, and RB group in south Florida this year.

BOOM! If im him why the **** would I come here and have to compete with Olson, Kaaya, Rosier, Crow? When I can go to OSU or AU and be the starter the moment I set foot on campus? We can blame Al for this one all we want but sometimes we gotta use our brains here people. These kids dont give a **** about loyalty or bringing the U back. They want to play NOW. And get to the league. Ask Dalvin Cook.

I have already conceded we wont get him. Lets just not lose out on the "Fab 5". (JJ, TIrvin, SBB, Ridley, TCole)

Do what? LOL. Rosier and Crow? Those two aren't scaring ANYONE off, especially not a guy like Gibson. And if we're talking about Olsen and Kaaya, I'd say that on the AU side, Johnson, White, and the 15 kid (Queen) are far from chopped liver.

Kid is a spread option QB that is going to go play in a Spread Option system that he feels is a best fit for him. This is the QUINTESSENTIAL kid who "likes UM" and promptly leaves town for college.

People need to get this through their heads NOW. Gibson is NOT coming here. He will list us because we will recruit him, and we are the hometown team. But UM will be lucky to come in 3rd for him. He's not coming to UM. This is not an idea offense for him. And sure Coley can sell him on "tailoring" the offense for him more, but Meyer and Auburn can sell a turn key system for him to step right into.

He's not coming here.

So we as fans should just bend over with no lube and accept it????

I'm sorry, but for this program to turn around and get back to where we are supposed to be, we need kids like this especially when they are in our backyard

People are fine conceding the biggest playmaker and an all world talent in Gibson.

And lmao at people using the tired line "We got Kaaya." Auburn just signed 4-star QB Sean White. Nice to see they won't give up on recruiting Gibson.

It is not the fact that we just signed Kaaya and Olsen, it is the fact that it has already been pointed out to him which type of offense best suits his abilities, and a pro style offense is not it.

We are the only one of his top schools that run a pro style, he is just keeping us there outta respect for the home team and staff that have been on him for a while now.

Wimbush ain't no slouch and he fits our offense better, not to mention his team mate is a bad a$$ 5 star CB that we have a solid shot at, especially if we get an early commit from Wimbush.

Can't fit a round peg in a square whole.

Gibson will end up at O$U or Auburn, mark it down.

My money is on O$U.

Advertisement
he is a Terrelle Pryor Clone, just smaller. I think its going to be between Auburn and OSU. the one thing Mike Rumph is telling his kids is go where you would excel not just a school you love. i can tell by the way the kids are picking schools.

People are fine conceding the biggest playmaker and an all world talent in Gibson.

And lmao at people using the tired line "We got Kaaya." Auburn just signed 4-star QB Sean White. Nice to see they won't give up on recruiting Gibson.

If you're referring to me, I was saying it makes me less worried about Gibson because we got Kaaya and it's not such a pressing need, not that we're not going to get him because of Kaaya or he's scared of competition. I just personally don't see how we pull the top dual threat QB in the nation even if he is in our backyard when we haven't shown a DT-QB can be successful in our offense and bigger, more recently successful programs have. It's not that we're conceding, it's that we're keeping our expectations realistic.

Advertisement

Our fans are not recruiting him, who gives a **** what they say?

Isn't this a kid that Golden has been recruiting since 8th Grade?

Bring in Kaaya and bring in Gibson and the kid from Flanigan. If someone wants to transfer, please do.

Our fans are not recruiting him, who gives a **** what they say?

Isn't this a kid that Golden has been recruiting since 8th Grade?

Bring in Kaaya and bring in Gibson and the kid from Flanigan. If someone wants to transfer, please do.

THIS. NO one is saying we arent goign to recruit him, or that the staff doesnt care or isnt going to try hard. But we need to deal in reality here. This is not the best fit offense for him. CAN it be? Maybe with some adjustment, but the kid's LOVE for UM would have to be SO strong, that it would transcend what are OBVIOUSLY going to be very compelling reasons to go to OSU or Auburn.

I mean what are we selling? Yes we just took TWO Elite 11 pocket passer pro style QBs in back to back classes, BUT.... if you come, we will alter our offense around to suit you a bit more? Vs. Hey, this offense is perfectly made for you, and we run it to perfection, and you DONT have 5 QBs on the roster ahead of you. These kids are making business decisions more and more. This kid would have to LOVE UM DEEPLY to ignore what Meyer is going to be selling him. I just dont see it. This is the CLASSIC kid that leaves So Fla. The sooner people accept that its a long shot, the less devastated they are going to be when the inevitable happens.

We have zero chance at a prospect like this. The kids going to be rich next year.

People are fine conceding the biggest playmaker and an all world talent in Gibson. And lmao at people using the tired line "We got Kaaya." Auburn just signed 4-star QB Sean White. Nice to see they won't give up on recruiting Gibson.

I would hope Auburn (Ohio State, etc) wouldn't give up on a kid who fits their system to a T. Did we "give up" on recruiting Gibson despite signing Kaaya? Hadn't heard that. Nobody is conceding anything.. They are speculating that he will go to a system that fits him best... especially coming from an AH program that just sent SM out of state.

Advertisement
If we can pull off Gibson or another QB as good as him, we will finally have real division 1 QB depth with Olsen, Kaaya, and that third TBA. Gonna be pretty exciting to have a kid who can come in if the starter gets injured and have the team keep our flow without skipping a beat.

Advertisement
If we can pull off Gibson or another QB as good as him, we will finally have real division 1 QB depth with Olsen, Kaaya, and that third TBA.

Real Division 1 depth? That would be as deep/talented of a QB rotation as most any college throughout CFB history.

What's funny is people saying he fits Auburn's system and not ours. Malzahn and his OC admitted they don't have a system. They'll adapt to whatever their best players can do. Look no further than their signing of Sean White this year -- a prototypical pocket passer, and a statue in every sense of the word.

What's funny is people saying he fits Auburn's system and not ours. Malzahn and his OC admitted they don't have a system. They'll adapt to whatever their best players can do. Look no further than their signing of Sean White this year -- a prototypical pocket passer, and a statue in every sense of the word.

Yep, Chad Morris coached under him but passes more.

We already got the next 2 coming of Christ's in Kaaya/Olsen. Gibson and the theatrics not needed...

Advertisement
Back