Athlon preseason prediction

Advertisement
Beat on me all you want to but I think we are going to be above average on both sides of the ball. If somehow our Linebackers are able to get a little faster and play faster I see only our Dline and Secondary having issues. I just don't think as a whole defensive unit could we compete with a top 10 offense. I can say that Briles offense at FSU will give us fits. Now if we could improve our offense from last year than I see us losing 2 to 3 games this season with a bowl win to have all the momentum for 2020. I think this is the year where our boys go through the bumps and bruises before we actually become national contention and we open up next year as a top 10 to 15 team.

Beat on me all you want to but I think we are going to be above average on both sides of the ball. If somehow our Linebackers are able to get a little faster and play faster I see only our Dline and Secondary having issues. I just don't think as a whole defensive unit could we compete with a top 10 offense. I can say that Briles offense at FSU will give us fits. Now if we could improve our offense from last year than I see us losing 2 to 3 games this season with a bowl win to have all the momentum for 2020. I think this is the year where our boys go through the bumps and bruises before we actually become national contention and we open up next year as a top 10 to 15 team.

I'll believe the FSU hype when it actually happens. You said the same thing about Taggart and how great his offense would be last year. I like Briles but FSU still has a average QB and terrible OL. Might want to lower those expectations.

I mean, we have our issues but coming into this said saying we're trash and FSU is awesome is a lazy troll, even for you.

Advertisement
LOL. What a meathead comment*.

You as a fan have nothing to do with the team's on-field success. You shouldn't take much/any pride in the team's accomplishments, as they're not your accomplishments, and you shouldn't feel much/any embarrassment about the team's failures, as they're not your failures. Your "attitude" should be whatever you want it to be. It's your time and entertainment dollar, use them however you see fit.

I do not expect us to win the Coastal every year since we're only 1/15 on that front, and yet, despite your urging me to GTF off of it, I will remain on this board.

*Note that I used meathead as an adjective to refer to the comment, not to you as a person.

I get your point but disagree wholeheartedly with your message. If you have more talent than your opponent, you should expect to win. That means UM should win the coastal every year.

Fans attitudes have plenty to do with wins and losses. UM loses at least 2 more home games the past 2 seasons without the fans screaming. There's no way we beat Gtech in 2017 or FSU in 2018 without the fans. ****, we could've easily gotten beat by Toledo in 17 if it wasn't for the false starts in critical situations. The final score in that one was misleading. Anyone who's been a season ticket holder in the lower bowls for more than 4 years would agree. I remember a fan yelling "ask your mamma what's good # (something) during a kickoff, the guy peaked back, then bobbled the kickoff. He was tackled at the 10.
Fans make a difference at games. That's why there's a thing called home field advantage. This is something UM finally has now since joining the ACC.

For the record, nothing ****es me off more than fans that take up lower level seats that just sit there all game. I only bring people that get loud and promote drunken obnoxious behavior. Pasture Richt practically begged for it every week. The idea is to be a part of something and that makes it more enjoyable when you win.

I'll believe the FSU hype when it actually happens. You said the same thing about Taggart and how great his offense would be last year. I like Briles but FSU still has a average QB and terrible OL. Might want to lower those expectations.

I mean, we have our issues but coming into this said saying we're trash and FSU is awesome is a lazy troll, even for you.
I think you may be confusing me with someone else. I never said anything about FSUs offense last season.

Advertisement

Our defense is only missing four key starters from last year, everyone else is still on the team and we are adding guys like Trevon Hill, Bubba Bolden, and Chigozie. How in the world do you see our D-Line and safeties having issues? Especially the D-Line... lol you reaching smh 😂

I'm still convinced had Tito not gotten the PF penalty we would have come back and won that game. We had them on the ropes.
Richt's decision making & The Onside kick lost us the game. Tito's penalty came out of frustration due to the fact the Defense had been getting stops all game & the offense was simply incapable of making a play when it counted most.

If you as a fan don't expect to win the COASTAL every year then please GTF off this board. If any player on our roster doesn't expect to win the NC every year then transfer. Attitude is everything.
Stop with the stupidity. Anyone's belief we'll win coastal or notdoesnt matter. Just let's idiot cliched guys say dumb **** like this

Stop with the stupidity. Anyone's belief we'll win coastal or notdoesnt matter. Just let's idiot cliched guys say dumb **** like this
Why don’t you try making sense, using spellcheck, and completing sentences properly before making any comments. Albeit no matter how retarded you sound.

Advertisement
Have been a Cane fan longer than most on this board have been alive. Read pre season predictions for amusement only. My eye test during the season is what counts to me

Advertisement
I’m aware, I was in Charlotte for the game. That doesn’t change the overly optimistic attitude our fan base has every year only to fall short in a division of mediocre talent.
Yep. Blows my mind that a lot of our fan base expects Athlon and other mags/rankings to have us finishing 1st in coastal every year, when we’ve only done it once in 14 years.

Plus, what happened to the us against the world mentality? I always love when we are treated as underdogs. We play 10x’s better in that role (see ND ‘17 and a 30 years previous UM history).

Stop complaining about others opinions and embrace the “disrespect.” (If you can even call it that)

Advertisement
Back