Athlon preseason prediction

So Athlon has Virginia and Va Tech finishing ahead of us this coming season according to a recent podcast they put out.

Its just the latest in a line of predictions by national writers that I cannot wrap my head around. It seems like the national "expert" types think Manny was a bad hire. Can't wait to prove them all wrong.

Advertisement
So Athlon has Virginia and Va Tech finishing ahead of us this coming season according to a recent podcast they put out.

Its just the latest in a line of predictions by national writers that I cannot wrap my head around. It seems like the national "expert" types think Manny was a bad hire. Can't wait to prove them all wrong.
If you listen to their podcasts this isn’t a surprise. I genuinely think they’re good dudes and are just calling it how they see it. However they have at least one vocal guy who is very dubious on Manny, and yet always thinks FSU is just “too talented” to think poorly of.

That said, we can’t underestimate how terrible our offense looked last year, or the perceived loss of production on the DL and secondary. Those are valid concerns for Miami, especially from an outside perspective.

Advertisement
If you want to use last year as a reason for not picking Miami to win the Coastal, that's fine. The offense was a wreck and turnovers and poor punting killed us. However, if you're picking a 2019 Coastal Champ based on last year's results, WHY THE **** WOULD YOU HAVE VIRGINIA TECH ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOP? They were even worse on offense than Miami and Miami curb stomped them in Blacksburg. Their program has only gotten worse every year that Fuente has been there. As far as I'm concerned, they're battling it out with UNC to stay out the Coastal Basement.

Advertisement
If you listen to their podcasts this isn’t a surprise. I genuinely think they’re good dudes and are just calling it how they see it. However they have at least one vocal guy who is very dubious on Manny, and yet always thinks FSU is just “too talented” to think poorly of.

That said, we can’t underestimate how terrible our offense looked last year, or the perceived loss of production on the DL and secondary. Those are valid concerns for Miami, especially from an outside perspective.

Aye. We didn't show a single thing last year to indicate promise.

Consistency, continuity, improvement - we had nothing but regression and inconsistency.

If you're betting on a race, buying a stock, or buying a car - consistency, continuity, improvement, and just a basic track record provide relatively good indicators of what one can expect in the future.

We're starting from scratch this year - no getting around it. May we blow through the Coastal!

We should win the coastal every year because every year we've had a more talented roster. That's not being blind. It's a proven fact.

Not arguing that point either. Just look at the schools that have won the coastal the past 7 years or so though. There is so much parity, I think every school has been to the acccg since we joined besides Virginia. Clearly having the most talent in a division of nobodies is not a foolproof blueprint to success. Probability almost dictates that a school can win the division once in fifteen years.

What id like to see is continued conference success. Something like what Clemson is doing and what FSU did before them. Creating a culture of winning and not having our players leave the program early to get drafted in the 5th round.

Hopefully Manny can instill this with his TNM branding, but until I see the results on the field, I have learned to taper my expectations the past few decades.

That being said, I’ll be at every home game, FIU, and UF as well; the same way I’ve been supporting the program since I moved here in 2003.

GO CANES!

There's no reason for Miami not to beat every team in the ACC not named Clemson. NONE. The roster has more talent from top to bottom than any team other than Clemson. FSU is heavily loaded at certain positions but nowhere near as spread out across the board. Anyone else, gimme a break. We will beat UVA at home this year. We score 20 and we win. ****, I might even make it 9 games in person this year and go to Durham. Manny will have these kids pumped for revenge and there will be no mercy. That'll be a curb stomp if you've ever seen one. If Enos is even halfway decent this is a 10 win team.

Advertisement

Manny has been hitting them out of the park from hype view and looks like he worked portal the best, but we need to remember that the bar we are comparing him too was the vaulted Al Golden hold them to under 12 yards a carry defense. Until we see the field action and watch if team rises of folds in the forth quarter of first close game, we know nothing.

Funny if our coaching staff is the reason that theyre avoiding picking Miami when generally the Manny hire, and more specifically the Enos hire has been lauded by many across the nation. So that doesn't really add up for me.

The real question mark hanging over the program should be the QB play. Totally legitimate to question just how good our QB, and thus our team, will be if the only thing the nation has to go by was the extremely low bar set by N'kosi last year. We'll be the underdog until proven otherwise.

Advertisement
If you want to use last year as a reason for not picking Miami to win the Coastal, that's fine. The offense was a wreck and turnovers and poor punting killed us. However, if you're picking a 2019 Coastal Champ based on last year's results, WHY THE **** WOULD YOU HAVE VIRGINIA TECH ANYWHERE NEAR THE TOP? They were even worse on offense than Miami and Miami curb stomped them in Blacksburg. Their program has only gotten worse every year that Fuente has been there. As far as I'm concerned, they're battling it out with UNC to stay out the Coastal Basement.

Picking VT I can’t comprehend either. Especially considering the results from last year and the players they lost and the fact that they have to come to HRS this season

Talent on paper doesn’t equate to wins automatically. And the fact that we didn’t win all those here’s brings into question that perceived overwhelming talent we think we had
What are you talking about. Look at the UM NFL players right now. What team from the Coastal comes close? It's been coaching, not talent. From the awful OC's hired by Shannon to the horrible defenses of Golden to the awful CMR offense. That deserved a run on lol. Here we are now. THe question is did Manny make the right hires on offense? The jury is still out. Even with an average offense we win 10 games last year and should again this year.

Advertisement
Back