Athlon preseason prediction

What are you talking about. Look at the UM NFL players right now. What team from the Coastal comes close? It's been coaching, not talent. From the awful OC's hired by Shannon to the horrible defenses of Golden to the awful CMR offense. That deserved a run on lol. Here we are now. THe question is did Manny make the right hires on offense? The jury is still out. Even with an average offense we win 10 games last year and should again this year.
I’m not saying coaching didn’t play a role. But it also comes down to depth. How many times did we get off to a good start in those years and the. Struggle down the stretch. It goes both ways. But ultimately, I don’t think we were as talented and as deep as we needed to be

Advertisement
Talent on paper doesn’t equate to wins automatically. And the fact that we didn’t win all those here’s brings into question that perceived overwhelming talent we think we had

Unfortunately this has proven to be the case year after year, but our fans will enter each season with the expectation of winning the Coastal no mater what. We're just wired that way lol.

Unfortunately this has proven to be the case year after year, but our fans will enter each season with the expectation of winning the Coastal no mater what. We're just wired that way lol.
I used to be the same. Until I came to the realization that there were just key games where our guys got out talented and whipped. It was all scheme. We got blown off the bell or flat out couldn’t block up front

So Athlon has Virginia and Va Tech finishing ahead of us this coming season according to a recent podcast they put out.

Its just the latest in a line of predictions by national writers that I cannot wrap my head around. It seems like the national "expert" types think Manny was a bad hire. Can't wait to prove them all wrong.

Athlon isn’t a good magazine. Phil Steele’s is the best and most hands on I’ve seen. Athlon and Streets and Smith are filler magazines, it gets people like us who crave college football something to buy and pass time while we wait for Steele’s magazine to come out

Advertisement
Funny if our coaching staff is the reason that theyre avoiding picking Miami when generally the Manny hire, and more specifically the Enos hire has been lauded by many across the nation. So that doesn't really add up for me.

The real question mark hanging over the program should be the QB play. Totally legitimate to question just how good our QB, and thus our team, will be if the only thing the nation has to go by was the extremely low bar set by N'kosi last year. We'll be the underdog until proven otherwise.
Outside of rival fans, the Manny hire and subsequent Enos hire have been considered home runs.

Very true, but Manny didn't come back to be HC, shït-canned the whole offensive staff and part of the recruiting department, stole Enos from Satan, just to go out and lose to the likes of Duke and Virginia. I think Manny will consistently win us the Coastal, but just winning a division title isn't the standard at UM. Can he win the ACC and gets us in the playoffs? Time will tell.

So Athlon has Virginia and Va Tech finishing ahead of us this coming season according to a recent podcast they put out.

Its just the latest in a line of predictions by national writers that I cannot wrap my head around. It seems like the national "expert" types think Manny was a bad hire. Can't wait to prove them all wrong.
Va Tech?!? Thats laughable. Do they realize that Va Tech just lost half of their team?!? Clowns

I used to be the same. Until I came to the realization that there were just key games where our guys got out talented and whipped. It was all scheme. We got blown off the bell or flat out couldn’t block up front
It's always been scheme -- aka coaching -- and this is honestly the first coaching staff I've felt confident about in the past 10 years. Combine that with the talent we always have and I'll be more shocked than I've ever been if we don't come out with the coastal.

Advertisement
It's always been scheme -- aka coaching -- and this is honestly the first coaching staff I've felt confident about in the past 10 years. Combine that with the talent we always have and I'll be more shocked than I've ever been if before if we don't win the coastal this year.
Really man? You think the Clemson game was all coaching? The Notre Dame game in 12. And countless countless more. We’ve seen sorry to mediocre coaching staffs win the coastal. We just havent been as overwhelming talented and most importantly deep as we as fans perceived..and this a staff that I feel very confident in also. But if we don’t find a oline and QB it might be 8 or 7 win season again

Really man? You think the Clemson game was coaching? The Notre Dame game in 12. And countless countless more. We’ve seen sorry to mediocre coaching staffs when the coastal
You don't need an elite team to win the coastal. Those blow out losses were against quality opponents. We still had a team decent enough to beat our coastal opponents those years if it weren't for the disasters coaching us.

Really man? You think the Clemson game was all coaching? The Notre Dame game in 12. And countless countless more. We’ve seen sorry to mediocre coaching staffs win the coastal. We just havent been as overwhelming talented and most importantly deep as we as fans perceived..and this a staff that I feel very confident in also. But if we don’t find a oline and QB it might be 8 or 7 win season again
Ehhh... there's maybe a handful of games you can go back to over the last decade and say "we got whipped because that team had much better players than us". These losses to the Virginias, Dukes, UNCs and Pitts of the world (the ones that cost us division titles) weren't because they had better talent then Miami. Nobody here is saying Miami would have gone undefeated every year with capable coaching and schemes but they sure as **** would have won the division more times than not.

Advertisement
You don't need an elite team to win the coastal. Those blow out losses were against quality opponents. We still had a team decent enough to beat our coastal opponents those years if it weren't for the disasters coaching us.
Talented teams don’t lose to less talented teams on annual basis like we had. And those “lesser teams” all of a sudden had elite *** coaching now lol..no doubt coaching played a role. But we were not a good and as deep as we thought we were all those years. That’s fact man

Advertisement
I’m aware, I was in Charlotte for the game. That doesn’t change the overly optimistic attitude our fan base has every year only to fall short in a division of mediocre talent.
We haven’t fallen short in a division of mediocre talent. We’ve fallen short in a division of bad talent. It takes a special kind of incompetence to produce what we’ve seen in Miami for a decade and a half now.

Talented teams don’t lose to less talented teams on annual basis like we had. And those “lesser teams” all of a sudden had elite *** coaching now lol..no doubt coaching played a role. But we were not a good and as deep as we thought we were all those years. That’s fact man
We’ve out talented the entire coastal, with the exception of maybe 2 seasons, since we joined the ACC.

And yes, talented teams can def lose consistently to lesser teams. All it takes is one incompetent coordinator.

Na, it's just that ours were such a disaster that average coaching staffs would beat them.

We've come within a game of winning the coastal 3 times in the past 8 years in addition to winning once. You're telling me that a competent coaching staff wouldn't have made a game's difference? It's not too far fetched to say that Miami should've been to 4 of the last 8 ACCCG's.

Hmmm, if only we could do something to make these guys look like fools . . . .

Advertisement
Back