Athlon preseason prediction

Scary part is that our current OL could end up being worse than any we've seen recently. We don't know.

Miami fans will point to stars as evidence that we're talented and that the OL will surprise. We do this every year.
Facts. It’s Cray how some can’t comprehend this. As far as the oline, it’s looking scary rn. The secondary will be fine. We have top talent there. Same with the pass rush. We’ve recruited well at both spots. What makes it bad is when we a have a bad loss or 2 to these “inferior” opponents and fans start clamoring about Diaz.m when it will be in the oline

Advertisement
Stop digging! It’s a ridiculous argument!

As of last year there were 36 Canes on NFL rosters

UNC (18)
UVA (11)
GT (9)
VT (14)
Pitt (17)
Duke (7)

*Syracuse (5); BC (11)

Miami has had 52 draft picks since 2010. I won’t even bother to look for the rest of the Coastal

Miami has as many NFL draft picks as every other ACC coastal team combined.

Miami (5)

UVA (2)
Pitt (1)
UNC (1)
Duke (1)
And that’s the barometer your using for college wins..5 draft picks..and guys on rosters. So we should automatically beat teams huh. That’s not how it works. 9 wins, 10 wins. But then 7 wins and the staff forgot how to coach. Let’s just ignore how bad our oline was. I gotchu

Those losses under Al wasn’t a question of depth. It was strategy and scheme...

He’d let Coley run his aggressive offense, until he had a lead. At which point he’d start to nurse the lead, running the clock out and playing keep away.

Of course Dno would use the prevent as his base D, so after a few Miami 3 & outs, that lead is gone.

Richt played a similar style, except instead of handcuffing a more talented offense once he got a lead he played the entire game in a phone booth.

If Miami was losing to top 10 or 20 teams every week, I maybe could but the depth argument. But they weren’t.
This is exactly what I remember from Golden's tenure. We'd jump out early and dominate and then slowly let our opponent come back and win.

Advertisement
Scary part is that our current OL could end up being worse than any we've seen recently. We don't know.

Miami fans will point to stars as evidence that we're talented and that the OL will surprise. We do this every year.

Truer words never spoken...especially with the OL.

I think even the most optimistic of fans has to acknowledge the bitter fackin pill that has been our OL year after fackin year.

UM

And that’s the barometer your using for college wins..5 draft picks..and guys on rosters. So we should automatically beat teams huh. That’s not how it works. 9 wins, 10 wins. But then 7 wins and the staff forgot how to coach. Let’s just ignore how bad our oline was. I gotchu

Miami has an average record of 7-5 since our last successful season in 2003.

People outside of Coral Gables have earned the right to think that Miami sucks.

its a prediction.who gives a fck !!

just something else to put on the bullentin board not that the team should need anything at all.

why guys work themselves up into a tizzy over a prediction made 4 months in advance that doesn't take anything other than a SWAG by a dozen or so guys that most have never played a down of football is beyond me.

I'd wait about 7 -8 months before I got all worked up.THEN if we are out of it and can't win anything THEN you get mad. Not Now. All you're doing now is raising your BP Up..

It's not good for your heart man !!!

Advertisement
I think we will win the Coastal this year. We will take our lumps for sure. But I think we will not see the quit that we saw last year. And our offense cannot possibly be any worse. Long way to go before we are competing with Clemson on any level though. 2020 recruiting class is a start.

If you as a fan don't expect to win the COASTAL every year then please GTF off this board. If any player on our roster doesn't expect to win the NC every year then transfer. Attitude is everything.

My dude kaaya just got exposed his last year. He still had a good year under Richt. The oline was what Richt inherited. Even Golden’s last year our oline was not good. In 2013 our oline was very good. After that it was a down trend and certain positions.

Once again as a fan base we get overtly excited about our talent year after year. And hate to face the reality that we were not quite as good as we thought. I’ve been guilty of this too. But when I watch our team get punched in the mouth up front against perceived lesser opponents I can’t just put that all on coaching. We just haven’t been as good as we thought as fans bro. Bama and Clemson aren’t dominating with 15th ranked classes. They stack top 5 classes together annually replenishing elite with elite. Most noticeable along the lines. Like I said skill guys we are good. But offensive line we need to build more quality depth
Kaaya dropped off big time the first 7-8 games under richt. It wasn’t till after that 4 game losing streak he got his act together, coincidentally when richt started running some short crossing routes etc.

Richt inherited a line from golden that was largely the same, I believe. Regardless of personnel differences tho, look at what richt ran... power running plays on 1st and 2nd down, and long developing 4 verts on 3rd. Over and over and over. To the point defenses knew what was coming pre snap. What kind of maniac does that w a suspect OL?

We haven’t been losing the coastal because we don’t have more talent than duke or uva. We’ve been losing the coastal because we don’t have the coaching.

Look what happened when Diaz took over the same group that Dno had.

Advertisement
It takes competent coaching to take advantage of talent. We haven’t had it.

Kaaya dropped off big time the first 7-8 games under richt. It wasn’t till after that 4 game losing streak he got his act together, coincidentally when richt started running some short crossing routes etc.

Richt inherited a line from golden that was largely the same, I believe. Regardless of personnel differences tho, look at what richt ran... power running plays on 1st and 2nd down, and long developing 4 verts on 3rd. Over and over and over. To the point defenses knew what was coming pre snap. What kind of maniac does that w a suspect OL?

We haven’t been losing the coastal because we don’t have talent. We’ve been losing the coastal because we don’t have the coaching.

Look what happened when Diaz took over the same group that Dno had.
Ok. I respect your opinion. Guess it takes urban or Saban to win this division regardless of talent

Virginia seems like our biggest competition. They're well coached and will be tough. That's probably a 9-10 win team.

Dont really see anyone else in the Coastal that looks any good. VT is down, UNC could be decent, but is probably a year away, GT is in a major transition year, Duke will drop off without Jones, Pitt is Pitt

Advertisement
There's no reason for Miami not to beat every team in the ACC not named Clemson. NONE. The roster has more talent from top to bottom than any team other than Clemson. FSU is heavily loaded at certain positions but nowhere near as spread out across the board. Anyone else, gimme a break. We will beat UVA at home this year. We score 20 and we win. ****, I might even make it 9 games in person this year and go to Durham. Manny will have these kids pumped for revenge and there will be no mercy. That'll be a curb stomp if you've ever seen one. If Enos is even halfway decent this is a 10 win team.

You're not completely wrong. I understand what you're saying.

But I will offer this:

The reason we haven't won the coastal more often over the past 10 years, is NOT because we lost games to teams we were sometimes LESS talented than, like FSU or Clemson.

It's because we lost to teams were always MORE talented than, and should have beaten, like UVa, UNC, Duke, and GT.

Last edited:
UVA has stability at QB and probably the best coach in the Coastal. They’ll be favored and that’s fine.

Hopefully they’re undefeated when they come to us on that Friday night. The atmosphere should be rocking.

Ok. I respect your opinion. Guess it takes urban or Saban to win this division regardless of talent
That statement is a testament to how incompetent our coaching has been.

There is pretty solid evidence to bolster my point...

Our D under Dno vs. Our D under Diaz

It Really does illustrate the difference competent coaching makes.

Advertisement
Back