Asa Martin Back In The Portal

Ah yes what insightful commentary you have on his game. He is a lot better player than any back not named Don Chaney Jr. or Jaylan Knighton we are recruiting right now.

What else is there to know? He was slotted clearly behind Shaun Shivers in his own class.

Would roll the dice on Murphy, Parrish, Marvin Scott being better. I'd take Parrish over him and not think twice. Would wager on another back that emerges late in the process (ala DJ Williams in 2019) projecting better than Martin.

At some point, when he's 4th on depth chart at Auburn (would have been 5th the second DJ Williams stepped on campus) and finds himself 4th on the depth chart at Miami, I am not sure what more you need that he's not that good.

Advertisement
Question for the counter rules experts: does that mean we can take another transfer (e.g, OT) this cycle if we find one good enough who wants in? IIRC, Odogwu transferred from Miami to UCLA in June, and I think several QBs have done so right through Fall camp. But I'm pretty sure we're out of spots at this point unless Martin's is recyclable.

What else is there to know? He was slotted clearly behind Shaun Shivers in his own class.

Would roll the dice on Murphy, Parrish, Marvin Scott being better. I'd take Parrish over him and not think twice. Would wager on another back that emerges late in the process (ala DJ Williams in 2019) projecting better than Martin.

At some point, when he's 4th on depth chart at Auburn (would have been 5th the second DJ Williams stepped on campus) and finds himself 4th on the depth chart at Miami, I am not sure what more you need that he's not that good.
You asked to sell you on Murphy, what are you on about?

over Parrish.

what evidence do you have that Asa Martin is good?
I havent said anything about Martin... seriously try reading before you get all angsty with your responses.

Parish is a tiny poor mans version of Chaney. Even if we dont get Knighton or Murphy he isnt a take.

Advertisement
I agree this is such a whiff from the staff. You take Parrish on the spot right after Chaney says I want to play with him. Then make everyone else sweat and beg. Make Parrish prove he’s worthy of keeping the spot and others show off at Paradise to take it. Amateur move that’s plagued this staff for a long time. This is my biggest and really only beef with Manny this far. They need to evaluate and make moves south FL style. You sit around and wait for anything in this place you’re screwed.
And you take anything and they leave for bags or better anyway.. 😂😂😂🤑

Advertisement
You asked to sell you on Murphy, what are you on about?

Parrish is a much, much better player than Tirek Murphy. They aren't even in the same universe.

Here are their stats. Keep in mind that Parrish plays the toughest competition in America and Murphy plays creampuffs:

Henry Parrish- 204 carries, 2,025 yards (10 ypc), 32 TDs
Tirek Murphy- 118 carries, 627 yards (5.3 ypc), 7 TDs

Advertisement
Advertisement
If there's a position that I am not worried about, it's RB, especially given the amount of top players (especially Chaney and Lo) that we'll have for the next few years.

Advertisement
Back