Asa Martin Back In The Portal

Advertisement
I'm going off his Opening measurements as a sophomore. He was verified 5'11, 180. I've seen him in person, he's not a small back. He's actually much more of an everydown back in high school than Chaney.

Chaney is looking like a BEAST in that weight room

Dude is a different breed

3 down back the way he is working...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm going off his Opening measurements as a sophomore. He was verified 5'11, 180. I've seen him in person, he's not a small back. He's actually much more of an everydown back in high school than Chaney.

This had him at 5'10 180. The 5'10 is fine. I was more concerned about the weight. Being 180 is much better than 170. Maybe he can get to about 195 and be a lil stocky type down hill back.

No panic. See whats up with Parrish and start working him if hes salty. You have 6 months. Also take a flyer out of Caziah Holmes and Toafili who were both FSU leans but now seem to be searching for a home with Knighton likely going to FSU. Marvin Scott the third can ball as well. Tank Bingsby is rated highly and doesnt seem to be a lock to South Carolina anymore. Keyvone Lee is looking around still. Lamy Constant and Tirek Murphy are two northeast kids that showed early interest you can circle back on. If you want another back there are plenty of options and their will probably be a late riser or 2 because we are still in South Florida.

Advertisement
“We have Chaney, we don’t need another back”

And this is why you continue to recruit all options...
It's hardly a big deal. RB depth for 2020 is still very good. Even if Dallas leaves early, you've got Harris, Lingard, Chaney, and Burns. A second RB recruit would likely be red shirted as 5th string backs don't really get carries. I'd say make a run at the handful of top flight guys still on the board at RB but don't take some borderline guy just to have a 5th stringer.

Advertisement

Asa: "uhhh coach who is that kid over there looking jacked af in the recruiting section?"

Hickson: "Thats Don Chaney son"

Asa: "ohhh he plays linebacker right"

Hickson: "no son, running back"

Asa:

Attachments

• 1561408093860.png
    1561408093860.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 23
With chaney coming I never really saw him taking significant snaps for us. Compound that he wasn’t granted a waiver/injury already puts him down the totem pole on the depth chart.

Advertisement
Back