Asa Martin Back In The Portal

Advertisement
Probably already posted. This kid makes people miss, hits the hole quick and play bigger than he is. Looks quicker than fast and he did it against good comp. If we need a second make sure he's better than this kid.

I have no problem with him leaving.

But if he were from South Fla the board would tearing this kid to shreds, to have transferred here in Dec/Jan & just 5-6 months later already out the door.
Kid made a mistake. Leave him alone. No need to trash the kid. Wish him well.

Advertisement
Probably already posted. This kid makes people miss, hits the hole quick and play bigger than he is. Looks quicker than fast and he did it against good comp. If we need a second make sure he's better than this kid.

Those running lanes and holes are massive in that clip. There are plays where elite backs would have housed them. Crowley’s films from last year more impressive.

Advertisement
Remember stats dont count if you cant source them.

I don't put a lot of stock in HS stats bc many are made up and it's all about who you play.

That said, Parrish does play better comp so the stats (if credible, or even close) have some merit. For me though, i simply watched a few minutes of Hudl video for each and based on that alone, i like Parrish's game better.....mainly his agility and burst through the hole.

Advertisement

-holes big as day
- he looks solid to me maybe I'm missing something
- good cut back ability
- runs hard
- solid film
- 2,000 yd back in Dade and the best you can do is go to Pitt🤔🤔🤔 smells funny

Parrish is a much, much better player than Tirek Murphy. They aren't even in the same universe.

Here are their stats. Keep in mind that Parrish plays the toughest competition in America and Murphy plays creampuffs:

Henry Parrish- 204 carries, 2,025 yards (10 ypc), 32 TDs
Tirek Murphy- 118 carries, 627 yards (5.3 ypc), 7 TDs
10 ypc on over 200 carries in South Florida, and dopes are still questioning him? That is beyond elite, and when you get into that stratosphere in YPC at this level of competition on that many carries there is zero chance that this kid does anything but succeed at the P5 level. He’s going to kill it somewhere.

For the size queens, how much smaller is Parrish than Portis and Gore at the same stage of their HS careers?

Advertisement
10 ypc on over 200 carries in South Florida, and dopes are still questioning him? That is beyond elite, and when you get into that stratosphere in YPC at this level of competition on that many carries there is zero chance that this kid does anything but succeed at the P5 level. He’s going to kill it somewhere.

For the size queens, how much smaller is Parrish than Portis and Gore at the same stage of their HS careers?

That's impressive. How is he only 3 stars? Height and weight?

That's impressive. How is he only 3 stars? Height and weight?
Because the star guys are idiots. A smallish kid with average speed isn’t going to rile up the bag schools, and, until the bag schools come sniffing around, the star dopes will keep him a 3 star.

I didn't trash him, I didn't say one word about him, I just pointed out the double standard within our fanbase.
I don’t care enough about Martin to work up the energy to hate him. And I hate any good player who leaves here or doesn’t come here.

Martin is average and did nothing here to make anyone think him leaving matters. That, more than where he hails from, is probably why no one is trashing him too hard.

I don’t care enough about Martin to work up the energy to hate him. And I hate any good player who leaves here or doesn’t come here.

Martin is average and did nothing here to make anyone think him leaving matters. That, more than where he hails from, is probably why no one is trashing him too hard.
I agree with that & I had no issue with him leaving.

I'm just pointing out that if he were from Miami & transferred here only to leave a few months later, this would be a 40 page thread crushing him, even if he were just some low level 2-star that people didn't really care about.

Advertisement
Back