Asa Martin and Tommy Kennedy update

Advertisement
Huge. We need a plug and play LT, and if that's what he is then this is biggest recruit by far in the short term for this cycle.
What I never get with people is Donaldson would've been a 1st oe 2nd team all ACC guard EASILY but had to play rt without having the feet for tackle and still the line had what 4 200 yard rushing games? With 2 manageable tackles, Donaldson back at rg and hopefully Reed develops it'll be a huge upgrade from this year

Shouldn't work though. Imagine this with a really bad oline we're about to have a 1,000 yard runner and our #2 runner statistically matches Auburns #1 rb last year and I bet Martin thinks he was the best rb at Auburn anyway
Martin came out of spring practice as no. 3 tailback. Ran into logjam when other freshmen came. I looked at some HS highlights and I do like him better than I thought I would. Might not have Homer's speed but he might be niftier with good vision and ability to find the hole and get daylight. And I think Homer is pretty good. He can probably get his 40 time down to something that would make people here happy, even if not in the 4.4 range. Suppose he can get his time down to around 4.6 or so?

Fast enough for a 210 lb back with good feet.

I think he might have been really screwed at Auburn. I read something-and I'm not sure it's accurate--that he breached the NCAA four game red shirt rule by playing in a single play in a 5th game that was negated by a penalty.

The kid was reportedly ****ed at Malzahn for not appealing to the NCAA to seek a ruling that the penalized and overturned play did not count as participation in a 5th game.

Does anyone know if this true?

I know that he supposedly played in a 6th game but by then Malzahn might have decided not to appeal to the NCAA.

Is Martin a chain mover or more of a homerun threat RB?

I think more of a chain mover based on the few highlights I watched but had a good number of long runs in HS. He might not be able to break the long ones as much in college where DBs and LBs are much faster.

He does seem to have good feet and ability to find hole and daylight. And he"s not small.

Was Edge all that fast? Seems when he came he was quick and shifty with great vision but maybe not with great long speed. I really don"t remember so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is DeeJay blessed with great long speed? I know he broke a long one in one of our last two games but I think Homer might be faster and especially Lo who is a true sprinter.

I think Martin seems like the guy who can consistently get 5, 7 and maybe sometimes 10-20 yards to get first downs

If I am wrong about any of this please let me know.

Advertisement
Martin came out of spring practice as no. 3 tailback. Ran into logjam when other freshmen came. I looked at some HS highlights and I do like him better than I thought I would. Might not have Homer's speed but he might be niftier with good vision and ability to find the hole and get daylight. And I think Homer is pretty good. He can probably get his 40 time down to something that would make people here happy, even if not in the 4.4 range. Suppose he can get his time down to around 4.6 or so?

I think he might have been really screwed at Auburn. I read something-and I'm not sure it's accurate--that he breached the NCAA four game red shirt rule by playing in a single play in a 5th game that was negated by a penalty.

The kid was reportedly ****ed at Malzahn for not appealing to the NCAA to seek a ruling that the penalized and overturned play did not count as participation in a 5th game.

I know that he supposedly played in a 6th game but by then Malzahn might have decided not to appeal to the NCAA.

IDK about the appeal but I did read that the family questioned the staff as to the status of his red shirt and they were assured it was intact. He was put into the 5th game (or 6th based on your info) for a few plays. It was later explaind to the family that an "error" had been made by the statisticians who recorded playing time.

From what I remember reading he played the 4 and was told he was going to rs then was put in against I believe Miss St which led to his parents confronting them. That then led them to say they were "unaware" even though they played him later against Liberty. Basically a total **** show

From what I remember reading he played the 4 and was told he was going to rs then was put in against I believe Miss St which led to his parents confronting them. That then led them to say they were "unaware" even though they played him later against Liberty. Basically a total **** show

His parents went public saying they were lied to and that the staff/school was lying about the whole situation. Definitely a situation that probably played into Rick's perceived demeanor with parents.

Advertisement
martin is better than crowley in my opinion but people are already negative recruiting againt us with him
74E08854-3A36-444B-867F-D7DC4FF8F4AB.jpeg

Auburn running back transfer Asa Martin just spent the weekend at Miami on an official visit.

After speaking with a source close with knowledge of the recruitment I'm under the impression that the Hurricanes are the team to beat and that an announcement could come at any point about his intentions to play in Coral Gables.

Martin played in five games this past season which means that he has four years to play three at his next school. He intends to start classes at his next school in a few weeks as a mid-year enrollee.

Miami currently doesn't have a running back committed this cycle ahead of next week's Early Signing Period. The Hurricanes at one time held a pledge from Jacksonville Trinity Christian's Marcus Crowley, but he ended up flipping to Ohio State midseason.

Martin is a former Top247 recruit. He was named Alabama's Mr. Football two years ago after running for 2,228 yards and 33 touchdowns on 198 carries.

Auburn running back transfer Asa Martin just spent the weekend at Miami on an official visit.

After speaking with a source close with knowledge of the recruitment I'm under the impression that the Hurricanes are the team to beat and that an announcement could come at any point about his intentions to play in Coral Gables.

Martin played in five games this past season which means that he has four years to play three at his next school. He intends to start classes at his next school in a few weeks as a mid-year enrollee.

Miami currently doesn't have a running back committed this cycle ahead of next week's Early Signing Period. The Hurricanes at one time held a pledge from Jacksonville Trinity Christian's Marcus Crowley, but he ended up flipping to Ohio State midseason.

Martin is a former Top247 recruit. He was named Alabama's Mr. Football two years ago after running for 2,228 yards and 33 touchdowns on 198 carries.
1 transfer down possibly and one more monster to go (praying we get both)

Advertisement
Advertisement
It is astonishing how many of our fans have a totally different perspective on Kennedy now then when we first offered him. SMH.
Yes, when I saw his game film I like the quickness and speed he showed, not like he was nailed to the field. The weight issue never concerned me as look at what happened to Rousseau as a EE from 220 to 250 lbs in that period and S&C testing numbers way up. he is not perfect but looks better than any LT we currently have on the roster and come ready to play.

Last edited:
Yes, when I saw his game film I like the quickness and speed he showed, not like he was nailed to the field. The weight issue never concerned me as look at what happened to Rousseau as a EE from 220 to 2250 lbs in that period and S&C testing numbers way up. he is not perfect but looks better than any LT we currently have on the roster and come ready to play.

And that's what they are hoping long-term with Zion Nelson, but you can't tell these geniuses anything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back