Asa Martin and Tommy Kennedy update

Advertisement
Seeing how Scaife was our best pass blocking OT and only a true freshman, I would think he is our best option for LT next year.

Got busted for holding quite a bit.

He might be the best from what we've seen, but I don't like him out there. FWIW, I didn't like St. Louis out there, either.

Our poor recruiting is just catching up with us. Its why we need Kennedy this year...why we needed Boulware last year. Next year we'll need another. Not a great situation. Doesn't help that our coach and coordinator both really stink on offense.

Advertisement
Tommy Kennedy seems like this year's "Calvin Anderson" of the Grad Transfer market.

Anderson was a D1 player and better than Kennedy. But, looking at the OL Grad Transfer market, Kennedy really is the only one with significant starting experience. The rest of the available talents are backup and special teams types from middling P5 programs. Hence, why there was a burst of offers.

Kennedy is tough to gauge. He clearly thinks he can play D1. He's been shopping himself since November. The film shows he can move and has some technique. Feet are always moving, uses his hands (doesn't always extend).

For what its worth, it took Calvin Anderson a while to get going, but by the end of the season was playing well. Considering we really don't have a LT next year (unless John Campbell is some revelation)...beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.
Kennedy is the only one of the transfer lineman to generate significant interest as well. Miami, Texas and Oklahoma offers are some heavy hitters and if Oklahoma was after him then you know he’s good considering they have one of the better oline’s in the country

Kennedy is the only one of the transfer lineman to generate significant interest as well. Miami, Texas and Oklahoma offers are some heavy hitters and if Oklahoma was after him then you know he’s good considering they have one of the better oline’s in the country

But they don’t know better than the OL coaches and scouts on this site

True. The Michigan and Oklahoma offers definately helped.

It’s absolutely vital now that we land Kennedy but the situations are not comparable. Michigan has 6 OL committed and OU has 4. They offered him as a one year rental to give the guys they are bringing in an opportunity to develop. For them it’s a luxury. After he graduates, we are still in the same situation next year as we are this year. For us it’s desperation. Let’s hope it buys us a year.

Advertisement
Yes, when I saw his game film I like the quickness and speed he showed, not like he was nailed to the field. The weight issue never concerned me as look at what happened to Rousseau as a EE from 220 to 250 lbs in that period and S&C testing numbers way up. he is not perfect but looks better than any LT we currently have on the roster and come ready to play.
Seemed to have quick hands and feet, maybe good balance. Look at the athlete, not the stars.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Homer could leave, DJ can’t hold onto the ball, Lingard is coming off major knee surgery haha y’all act like we got some All-American type depth and talent loaded up.
How many carries did DJ have and how many fumbles?

True, his fumbles came at bad times but overall I don't know if he"s a chronic fumbler.

I think it might be correctible.

Yeah I read the interview his mom was hot and I don't blame her when literally they couldn't write a note to remind them to sit him out
Parents shouldn't have to write a note. They conveyed their concerns to the coach and that should be enough. Sounds like disorganized bureaucratic screwup. They write a note and it gets passed down the chain and sits on some low-level dope's desk. And gets ignored.

Advertisement
Back