Asa Martin and Tommy Kennedy update

Advertisement
looks more like a true LT than anyone on our current roster. He is 6-5/290 and being an EE and S&C program will be at least 300-310 by the summer.

While he does look more like a LT than most on our roster, you lost me on the EE and weight thing.

The kid is a grad transfer, not a freshman. He's older. His body has already developed some being in college. I don't see any way he gains 20-30 pounds in one offseason at Miami as a senior unless it's a lot of bad weight.

And that's what they are hoping with Zion Nelson, but you can't tell these geniuses anything.

8F47DF9C-5F01-4C99-8226-18D362E5729E.gif

Advertisement
If Kennedy comes the oline will instantly be better then this season. Nobody can win with 1 starting caliber tackle unless you're playing Arena Football but this gives us 2 and let's Donaldson work back at guard

Advertisement
Would be nice to have scaife at RT for 1 more year and Donaldson at Guard for good. Then Campbell, Herbert, Hillery have another year to develop before they’re really relied on.

I would have preferred one of the first team OTs from the Pioneer League all-conference selections.

Advertisement
He's already athletic and he'll have 8 months of S&C. O-line may take a step in the right direction next year.

LT-Kennedy
LG- Boulware, Reed
C-Gaynor, mahoney
RG-Donaldson
RT-Scaife

All will be experienced and should be bulldozing the Acc.
We say this every year and it never actually happens. Until the offense changes it’ll keep looking like the OL sucks.

Tommy Kennedy seems like this year's "Calvin Anderson" of the Grad Transfer market.

Anderson was a D1 player and better than Kennedy. But, looking at the OL Grad Transfer market, Kennedy really is the only one with significant starting experience. The rest of the available talents are backup and special teams types from middling P5 programs. Hence, why there was a burst of offers.

Kennedy is tough to gauge. He clearly thinks he can play D1. He's been shopping himself since November. The film shows he can move and has some technique. Feet are always moving, uses his hands (doesn't always extend).

For what its worth, it took Calvin Anderson a while to get going, but by the end of the season was playing well. Considering we really don't have a LT next year (unless John Campbell is some revelation)...beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

Advertisement
He's already athletic and he'll have 8 months of S&C. O-line may take a step in the right direction next year.

LT-Kennedy
LG- Boulware, Reed
C-Gaynor, mahoney
RG-Donaldson
RT-Scaife

All will be experienced and should be bulldozing the Acc.

If that is our line next year, I think people change their mind about Searles.

Tommy Kennedy seems like this year's "Calvin Anderson" of the Grad Transfer market.

Anderson was a D1 player and better than Kennedy. But, looking at the OL Grad Transfer market, Kennedy really is the only one with significant starting experience. The rest of the available talents are backup and special teams types from middling P5 programs. Hence, why there was a burst of offers.

Kennedy is tough to gauge. He clearly thinks he can play D1. He's been shopping himself since November. The film shows he can move and has some technique. Feet are always moving, uses his hands (doesn't always extend).

For what its worth, it took Calvin Anderson a while to get going, but by the end of the season was playing well. Considering we really don't have a LT next year (unless John Campbell is some revelation)...beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

Seeing how Scaife was our best pass blocking OT and only a true freshman, I would think he is our best option for LT next year.

People don’t get it. They think the OL operates independently from the offense. When your OC is trash all the elements of your offense look like trash.

Exactly. I don't think Searles is a great recruiter or game manager, but I saw flashes this year that tells me it may be more scheme and offense than anything.

What irks me the most about Searles is the moves on the line. This message board, who usually can't differ its *** from its elbow, knew from game 2 what our lineup should be. It took these coaches 3/4ths of a season to figure it out.

Advertisement
Back