Asa Martin and Tommy Kennedy update

Asa Martin coming here would lead me to believe that one of our current 5 RB's must be considering a transfer.
I would say Burns or Davis if I had to guess.
Has nothing to do with someone transferring, homer could leave early and who does Miami
Even sit favorably for in this recruiting cycle at rb? We need to take at least 1 for depth purposes

Advertisement
Stefan, do you know if the staff is reaching out to the backup OL from Bama that's looking to grad transfer?

Has nothing to do with someone transferring, homer could leave early and who does Miami
Even sit favorably for in this recruiting cycle at rb? We need to take at least 1 for depth purposes

Truthfully, it's probably the best case scenario for everyone. Kid can come in in January and start learning our system. Will be good depth for practice.

IMO the staff's top three are:
Homer
DeeJay
Lingard
.............the 4th guys usually only sees snaps due to injuries.

Advertisement

Don't bother with him.... he is the same guy who would say we completely botched recruiting a RB this year if we didn't take one after Crowley left.

Advertisement
Kennedy would be crazy not to come here. He’s only got one shot to get on the field and we literally have no one at that spot.

Would feel much better going into next year with a Scaife, Donaldson, Kennedy trio anchoring the line..
The actual best talent and by far your best olineman back at his best position. He'd be the biggest addition in this class

From his highlights..he doesn't seem that fast...has a little burst...good size..can catch...good wiggle...and excellent vision. Think he's a chain mover...but one that programs like Bama, Clemson, and Auburn wanted.
Kid was Mr. Football and the Gatorade POY in Alabama

The Canes will be hosting a pair of official visitors this weekend from the transfer market in RB Asa Martin (Auburn) and OL Tommy Kennedy (Butler).

I’m told that heading into their visits, Miami is trending heavily with both and they should be considered on commit watch this weekend. If I could make official Miami picks here, I would. Both would be huge additions and help to shore up deficiencies that exist in the 2019 class as of now.

Great news! We get a solid left tackle and a top back for the depth! Not bad!

The actual best talent and by far your best olineman back at his best position. He'd be the biggest addition in this class

Huge. We need a plug and play LT, and if that's what he is then this is biggest recruit by far in the short term for this cycle.

Advertisement
The Canes will be hosting a pair of official visitors this weekend from the transfer market in RB Asa Martin (Auburn) and OL Tommy Kennedy (Butler).

I’m told that heading into their visits, Miami is trending heavily with both and they should be considered on commit watch this weekend. If I could make official Miami picks here, I would. Both would be huge additions and help to shore up deficiencies that exist in the 2019 class as of now.

Are either of these the transfer u were referring to in your previous recruiting update?

Advertisement
Asa Martin coming here would lead me to believe that one of our current 5 RB's must be considering a transfer.
I would say Burns or Davis if I had to guess.

Huh? Martin still has to sit a year for transferring. What does this even mean? It's bringing in a for sure redshirt guy. There is no immediate threat to playing time for anyone. Wouldn't be surprised to see Burns get a little bit more burn in the Choc role from this year splitting time with George.

Advertisement
Back