Article: Banda and Stroud both got crushed by Covid

Advertisement
**** never knew it was that bad with the staff. Was never reported and I didn’t realize Banda wasn’t there against UNC. I was worried for Vinny and Stroud to even be around this year.

But but but we have a bunch of dopes that thought it was excuses and weakness when Manny said the team was drained.

****, even more teams have opted out of bowls since I started my thread earlier this week. 90% of teams are done, flat out over the season.

No one will feel bad for Miami and no one outside of Miami media will ever report about all this to justify what happened against UNC. It is what it is. Time for manny to shake up his defensive staff and move forward.
That doesn’t justify anything.

Advertisement
Was discussing Stroud and Banda missing a bunch of time with someone on here that night after the game. It seemed like nobody had any idea what we were talking about. I was there so of course I didn’t watch on tv. Can’t believe it was never mentioned on air especially since Banda wasn’t there. Now it makes sense why nobody knew.

Stroud is going to have to step away from the on-field job. No way you can feel comfortable (him or his boss) sending him all over the country and putting him around kids that you never know who they're around.
Very possible and the best thing for his health, maybe.

Was discussing Stroud and Banda missing a bunch of time with someone on here that night after the game. It seemed like nobody had any idea what we were talking about. I was there so of course I didn’t watch on tv. Can’t believe it was never mentioned on air especially since Banda wasn’t there. Now it makes sense why nobody knew.
It's funny you should mention this. I wondered while I was watching on tv why I didn't see more of the coaching staff. Didn't give it a lot of thought, honestly. I figured with all the masks and hoodies, etc. I just didn't recognize them and the beating was so bad, the network didn't really care about showing anyone but Manny. Seems like the network guys had no idea.

Advertisement
It's funny you should mention this. I wondered while I was watching on tv why I didn't see more of the coaching staff. Didn't give it a lot of thought, honestly. I figured with all the masks and hoodies, etc. I just didn't recognize them and the beating was so bad, the network didn't really care about showing anyone but Manny. Seems like the network guys had no idea.

It’s unreal how quiet they kept it during the weeks leading up. But I mean it seems like a big enough deal to mention on tv. They had to have known. The commentators do zoom calls with coaches on game weeks and that doesn’t come up? And it’s not like they didn’t have time to talk about it. When somebody’s up 40 they’ll find anything at all to make conversation.

And y’all out here *****ing he gave them a week off and said they were mentally done. Half the **** defensive staff in the hospital and ****.

feel bad for how sick they were.

But they had the best defensive performance in years the week before...
Bingo! This is just another “cover” article by the weak *** non existent Miami media probably as a favor to Senior to excuse Junior for the worst performance in program history! Just curious was COVID around when manure scheme also broke the record for the worst defensive performance in Texas history too in 2011? Yea I didn’t think so, the schemed sucked pre COVID, during COVID and will suck post COVID. But just like death and taxes it was guaranteed the Manny Mouse Fan Club 🐭 would be on here eating it up! Nothing but sheep 🐑 smh

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bingo! This is just another “cover” article by the weak *** non existent Miami media probably as a favor to Senior to excuse Junior for the worst performance in program history! Just curious was COVID around when manure scheme also broke the record for the worst defensive performance in Texas history too in 2011? Yea I don’t think so, the schemed sucked pre COVID, during COVID and will suck post COVID. But just like death and taxes it was guaranteed the Manny Mouse Fan Club 🐭 would be on here eating it up! Nothing but sheep 🐑 smh

Manny Mouse Fan Club. 🤣🤣

Stroud is going to have to step away from the on-field job. No way you can feel comfortable (him or his boss) sending him all over the country and putting him around kids that you never know who they're around.
He beat it. His body has the T cells to fight it if exposed again. Of course, if the virus mutates, which they do, he could get it again. But, for this strain, his body is ready to fight it now.

Advertisement
Stroud and this season were always a potential massive national story and massive team tragedy waiting to happen and it was obvious to anyone that even remotely took/takes the virus seriously.

So in that vein we probably should just ignore Manny's and the school's and Stroud's own f-up on that front while also ignoring any of this a rationale for the UNC embarrassment. I think that's more than a fair trade-off.

Stroud and this season were always a potential massive national story and massive team tragedy waiting to happen and it was obvious to anyone that even remotely took/takes the virus seriously.

So in that vein we probably should just ignore Manny's and the school's and Stroud's own f-up on that front while also ignoring any of this a rationale for the UNC embarrassment. I think that's more than a fair trade-off.
Personal decision on his part to continue coaching. He's not stupid and surely understood the risk.

The defensive side of the ball definitely was effected badly by Covid.

Diaz, Baker, Stroud, Banda all had it. Then you look at the players who either got it or had to isolate based on information I gathered:

Harvey
Harrison-Hunte
Flagg
Roberts
Blissett
Holley
Chantz Williams
McCloud
Blades
Brooks
Ford

Personal decision on his part to continue coaching. He's not stupid and surely understood the risk.
The hit the school and program would've taken if WE of all teams had someone die from covid cannot be overstated. It would've been a national news story not just a sports one and every clown with a preexisting condition of massive hatred of Miami would've been sharpening their knives.

I think the chance of that alone and even absent of caring for the dude personally probably should've overridden any courtesy we gave him about him "understanding" the risk at the time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back