Article: Banda and Stroud both got crushed by Covid

Advertisement
**** never knew it was that bad with the staff. Was never reported and I didn’t realize Banda wasn’t there against UNC. I was worried for Vinny and Stroud to even be around this year.

But but but we have a bunch of dopes that thought it was excuses and weakness when Manny said the team was drained.

****, even more teams have opted out of bowls since I started my thread earlier this week. 90% of teams are done, flat out over the season.

No one will feel bad for Miami and no one outside of Miami media will ever report about all this to justify what happened against UNC. It is what it is. Time for manny to shake up his defensive staff and move forward.
Pvssy **** any way you slice it with the "we were drained" nonsense after a 3 week break. It's super pvssy **** in light of the fact that we bullied Puke all over the field the week before that and didn't look the slightest bit drained. We were drained because UNC drained the life out of us by beating us to death.

Pvssy **** any way you slice it with the "we were drained" nonsense after a 3 week break. It's super pvssy **** in light of the fact that we bullied Puke all over the field the week before that and didn't look the slightest bit drained. We were drained because UNC drained the life out of us by beating us to death.

Duke had no desire to be here and tanked that game from the opening kickoff.

As far as this team goes, as usual, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle.

Crazy stuff. We shoulda cancelled the UNC game but we would have been KILLED by the media.
Why would we cancel the UNC game? Because our trainer was sick? We had our healthiest roster in many weeks for the UNC game. Now, all of a sudden, Banda is an indispensable coach after everyone spent the last 5 years mocking him as a bartender. LOL.

Advertisement
Duke had no desire to be here and tanked that game from the opening kickoff.

As far as this team goes, as usual, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle.
There's no ******* middle. UNC beat the fck out of us. All this other **** is window dressing. Our roster was as healthy as it's been since the season started, and we got our assh0les stomped into caves.

didnt take ferman for a Miami PR vehicle
LOL at the whole premise of that article. UM didn't want to make any excuses, yet they went out and used Fairy Sperman as a vehicle to advance a litany of excuses.

Keep in mind that UM must have explicitly given Fairy permission to discuss the health of those coaches. If they wanted to keep it private they could have hidden behind the HIPAA laws as they have all year with players and coaches. Nope. The minute they felt they needed some sympathy and excuses they bust out Fairy Sperman.

Advertisement
if your coaches aren’t around to coach you it might make things difficult.

Over the span of a month they saw two of their coaches go to the hospital and one to ICU, their head trainer go to the hospital and their DC quarantine for 12 days and not coach in person.

I guess that’s all normal and these kids should be 100% focused. There is a reason 95% of schools are electing to not play in bowls this year. This kids are over it. They want to go home and see their families and maybe just maybe try to be normal for a few days without rules and regulations trying to play a sport during a pandemic.

I don’t know why that’s so hard for some of you armchair QB’s to understand.

I am not blaming the kids here. You mean to tell me that Baker or Diaz, or the other defensive assistants on staff stopped planning, adjusting, and communicating to the players on defense because Banda and Stroud were out sick? Seemed to me the dline played with plenty of energy rushing up field instead of playing run containment play after play after play giving up over 500 yards rushing and making NCAA history. I blame the coaching staff for that.

This adds some context to that performance. I see several posts calling it an excuse, but this game was an aberration. We've never seen a Manny Diaz Hurricane defense play this poorly. Not this year. Not ever during his tenure. There had to be something more to that performance. I mean, ****, Etienne did 17-149 w/ a 72 yarder. Eliminate that big play and he did 16-77 which means that at least most of the time, we did our job. Last Saturday was reversed. We rarely did what we were supposed to do. The exception was plays under 5 yards.
Yet they shut duke out and they barely got the ball over midfield the previous week. This was a replay of BYU prison raping manny all over again.

It’s weird this story comes out after unc went for 800 yards. I’d expect nothing more from these guys.

Two things can be true at the same time:

1. wishing full recoveries and health for those guys
2. The defensive scheme and coaching sucked before COVID
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Yet they shut duke out and they barely got the ball over midfield the previous week. This was a replay of BYU prison raping manny all over again.

It’s weird this story comes out after unc went for 800 yards. I’d expect nothing more from these guys.
I thought this to myself and said to some family that are Canes fans. Manny’s at a fork in his short tenure. He’s either going to follow the BYU path, paving his own way to utter destruction or the Clemson WVU post game path. Dabo got embarrassed on the national stage and made changes on the defensive side.

Not calling Manny the next Dabo, only the type of decision he has the opportunity to make. I just hope he makes the right one. Always had the feeling he’s very self-aware, but this requires sucking up his pride and making the hard decision.

We’ll see at the end of the year what ultimately happens.

I am not blaming the kids here. You mean to tell me that Baker or Diaz, or the other defensive assistants on staff stopped planning, adjusting, and communicating to the players on defense because Banda and Stroud were out sick? Seemed to me the dline played with plenty of energy rushing up field instead of playing run containment play after play after play giving up over 500 yards rushing and making NCAA history. I blame the coaching staff for that.

I agree it was a failure by Manny. He is the leader and say by and watched the players get their **** pushed in and couldn’t do one thing about it

**** bruh. Be safe. I tested negative last Saturday, but I'm quarantined right now for a few more days. This **** has caused some pain in my fam.
Thanks bro. Yeah, I get tested every 2 weeks due to my line of work and I just took one on the 6th and was negative. Just caught a fever out of no where Wednesday and I knew what time it was. Now I’m stuck in a guest room binge watching HBO max and sports. So far, so good. You stay safe.

Advertisement
**** never knew it was that bad with the staff. Was never reported and I didn’t realize Banda wasn’t there against UNC. I was worried for Vinny and Stroud to even be around this year.

But but but we have a bunch of dopes that thought it was excuses and weakness when Manny said the team was drained.

****, even more teams have opted out of bowls since I started my thread earlier this week. 90% of teams are done, flat out over the season.

No one will feel bad for Miami and no one outside of Miami media will ever report about all this to justify what happened against UNC. It is what it is. Time for manny to shake up his defensive staff and move forward.
Tons of respect to your program and manny for getting us back on the field and having the balls to play with all that going on.

Thanks bro. Yeah, I get tested every 2 weeks due to my line of work and I just took one on the 6th and was negative. Just caught a fever out of no where Wednesday and I knew what time it was. Now I’m stuck in a guest room binge watching HBO max and sports. So far, so good. You stay safe.
Thanks man. I’m a Coach and I’m spending major minutes being masked up and keepin my distance from the kids, and it was the **** principal that exposed me. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Advertisement
Back