Article: Banda and Stroud both got crushed by Covid

Advertisement
The hit the school and program would've taken if WE of all teams had someone die from covid cannot be understated. It would've been a national news story not just a sports one and every clown with a preexisting condition of massive hatred of Miami would've been sharpening their knives.

I think the chance of that alone and even absent of caring for the dude personally probably should've overridden any courtesy we gave him about him "understanding" the risk at the time.
I agree the optics of a death in the program, especially with Stroud's health history, would have been a hit and the lame stream media would have been all over it like stink on dog doo. My point about him personally was that it was obviously his decision to continue and he's smart enough to understand the risk involved. I won't speculate on whether or not he considered the outside ramifications if his decision turned fatal.

1. I hope they all make a full recovery. I’ve been vocal about the seriousness of Covid (although I do feel it’s been overblown a bit from nurses & doctors I’ve spoke to regarding reporting). ****, @Sigma_Cane_7 , we just lost one of my neos two days ago from Covid-19. So I sincerely hope all make a full recovery.

2. With that being said; other programs, programs w/in the CFP position right now, have had the same issues on coaching staff. I find it ironic that every time some chit happens, this “context” is always conveniently revealed.

2018: Players on O in disarray. Dugans & Thomas not getting along. Locker room split.

2019: Cancers in the locker room, no unity

2020: Players mentally exhausted from Covid; coaches & staff going to hospital.

For us to be so private about everything, to protect those involved, we sure have no problem to disseminate info right after chit shows to give “perspective.” So, no, I’m not going to fall dupe to this angle ppl r trying to use....b/c while this was happening, per the article, it’s something we’ve been dealing with prior to The Duke game, and we looked just fine that game. We got blown out b/c UNC simply out coached Manny. The team may have became mentally exhausted from getting ran through, but to try to connect the two is hella disingenuous, and offensive.

Again, I hope all affected make a full recovery b/c lingering affects could still happen. Worried about Stroud fa real though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1. I hope they all make a full recovery. I’ve been vocal about the seriousness of Covid (although I do feel it’s been overblown a bit from nurses & doctors I’ve spoke to regarding reporting). ****, @Sigma_Cane_7 , we just lost one of my neos two days ago from Covid-19. So I sincerely hope all make a full recovery.

2. With that being said; other programs, programs w/in the CFP position right now, have had the same issues on coaching staff. I find it ironic that every time some chit happens, this “context” is always conveniently revealed.

2018: Players on O in disarray. Dugans & Thomas not getting along. Locker room split.

For us to be so private about everything, to protect those involved, we sure have no problem to disseminate info right after chit shows to give “perspective.” So, no, I’m not going to fall dupe to this angel ppl r trying to use....b/c while this was happening, per the article, it’s something we’ve been dealing with prior to The Duke game, and we looked just fine that game.
Exactly. They’re also talking out both sides of their mouth... great week of practice, UNC has our full attention, we’ll be prepared, energy is high and playing for the OB... then you get embarrassed/cucked and now the storyline changes.

We would have never let any of this come out if they beat UNC.

Sure it’s tough and it sucks and im sure it is exhausting getting hyped for a game and knowing it may/may not be played, coaches and teammates sick, family sick, etc.

Advertisement
He beat it. His body has the T cells to fight it if exposed again. Of course, if the virus mutates, which they do, he could get it again. But, for this strain, his body is ready to fight it now.

you should look up what strouds medical history is and why this was always a big concern

For us to be so private about everything, to protect those involved, we sure have no problem to disseminate info right after chit shows to give “perspective.” So, no, I’m not going to fall dupe to this angle ppl r trying to use....b/c while this was happening, per the article, it’s something we’ve been dealing with prior to The Duke game, and we looked just fine that game. We got blown out b/c UNC simply out coached Manny. The team may have became mentally exhausted from getting ran through, but to try to connect the two is hella disingenuous, and offensive.

Again, I hope all affected make a full recovery b/c lingering affects could still happen. Worried about Stroud fa real though.

fwiw -- kelvin Harris siad on mannys pod that the mental thing was more common across the country

Advertisement
Advertisement
feel bad for how sick they were.

But they had the best defensive performance in years the week before...
LOL...this guy gets it. It's terrible that they got sick, and if Flake James was doing his job, this game should have been canceled if the situation was so bad. Yet they come out and play like they did at Duke?!? hmm

terrible on many front. one that isn't in the article is how this will save Blake Baker now

Advertisement
Back