Article: Banda and Stroud both got crushed by Covid

Advertisement
LOL...this guy gets it. It's terrible that they got sick, and if Flake James was doing his job, this game should have been canceled if the situation was so bad. Yet they come out and play like they did at Duke?!? hmm
Yep...

1. I hope they all make a full recovery. I’ve been vocal about the seriousness of Covid (although I do feel it’s been overblown a bit from nurses & doctors I’ve spoke to regarding reporting). ****, @Sigma_Cane_7 , we just lost one of my neos two days ago from Covid-19. So I sincerely hope all make a full recovery.

2. With that being said; other programs, programs w/in the CFP position right now, have had the same issues on coaching staff. I find it ironic that every time some chit happens, this “context” is always conveniently revealed.

2018: Players on O in disarray. Dugans & Thomas not getting along. Locker room split.

2019: Cancers in the locker room, no unity

2020: Players mentally exhausted from Covid; coaches & staff going to hospital.

For us to be so private about everything, to protect those involved, we sure have no problem to disseminate info right after chit shows to give “perspective.” So, no, I’m not going to fall dupe to this angle ppl r trying to use....b/c while this was happening, per the article, it’s something we’ve been dealing with prior to The Duke game, and we looked just fine that game. We got blown out b/c UNC simply out coached Manny. The team may have became mentally exhausted from getting ran through, but to try to connect the two is hella disingenuous, and offensive.

Again, I hope all affected make a full recovery b/c lingering affects could still happen. Worried about Stroud fa real though.
That’s so sad to hear about frat. ****. Man I just got my results back today and I popped. So hopefully I’m on the tail end of it and there aren’t any lingering affects. I can’t speak for anyone else but I take this seriously. Watched family go through some stuff so everyone be safe out there.

Advertisement
Man you really take being an A-hole to a new level. Making light of coach Stroud's medical condition that could still kill the man is a straight **** move. Have you no empathy.

**** that's just pitiful even for you.
Don’t just single him out. This entire thread is filled with miserable ppl who can’t just wish the coaches good health and keep it moving

Seems like a convenient excuse to not make changes with the defensive staff.
It's a Covid year. Player's maintained their eligibility and coaches get to keep their jobs so they can provide for their families.

That’s so sad to hear about frat. ****. Man I just got my results back today and I popped. So hopefully I’m on the tail end of it and there aren’t any lingering affects. I can’t speak for anyone else but I take this seriously. Watched family go through some stuff so everyone be safe out there.

Prayers for u & the whole family, MABster. 🙏🏾

Advertisement
And we were missing 17 PLAYERS against Duke. This is typical of Ferman.

"This isn't an excuse, but listen to all of these reasons out of their control why they lost to UNC." And then at the end of his article to call it "just another lost football game" and then blow it off because of all the Covid issues the team has dealt with. I'm surprised anybody even reads his nonsense anymore.

Obviously the program was willing to skip games when things were really bad. They skipped 3 weekends in a row and then could have skipped the Duke game but instead chose to reschedule against Duke because they were healthy enough to play, even with 17 players out. So obviously, the decision makers did not believe that the Covid impact for UNC weekend was as great as Ferman is claiming it is now.
That's called an excuse.

Advertisement
Not 1 change is coming to the defensive staff. It’s all excuses on green tree these days.

Advertisement
**** bruh. Be safe. I tested negative last Saturday, but I'm quarantined right now for a few more days. This **** has caused some pain in my fam.

**** never knew it was that bad with the staff. Was never reported and I didn’t realize Banda wasn’t there against UNC. I was worried for Vinny and Stroud to even be around this year.

But but but we have a bunch of dopes that thought it was excuses and weakness when Manny said the team was drained.

****, even more teams have opted out of bowls since I started my thread earlier this week. 90% of teams are done, flat out over the season.

No one will feel bad for Miami and no one outside of Miami media will ever report about all this to justify what happened against UNC. It is what it is. Time for manny to shake up his defensive staff and move forward.

I can understand the players being emotionally exhausted,etc but what did losing Banda and Stroud have to do with the poor defensive game planning before and during game?

I can understand the players being emotionally exhausted,etc but what did losing Banda and Stroud have to do with the poor defensive game planning before and during game?

if your coaches aren’t around to coach you it might make things difficult.

Over the span of a month they saw two of their coaches go to the hospital and one to ICU, their head trainer go to the hospital and their DC quarantine for 12 days and not coach in person.

I guess that’s all normal and these kids should be 100% focused. There is a reason 95% of schools are electing to not play in bowls this year. This kids are over it. They want to go home and see their families and maybe just maybe try to be normal for a few days without rules and regulations trying to play a sport during a pandemic.

I don’t know why that’s so hard for some of you armchair QB’s to understand.

This adds some context to that performance. I see several posts calling it an excuse, but this game was an aberration. We've never seen a Manny Diaz Hurricane defense play this poorly. Not this year. Not ever during his tenure. There had to be something more to that performance. I mean, ****, Etienne did 17-149 w/ a 72 yarder. Eliminate that big play and he did 16-77 which means that at least most of the time, we did our job. Last Saturday was reversed. We rarely did what we were supposed to do. The exception was plays under 5 yards.

Advertisement
Back