2024 Artavius Jones 4* DT from Blountstown FL

Link to @Geo305 June 27 recruiting space

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1zqKVPXqowYJB

Jones

• Geo likes where we're at
  • Has a LOT of family in the area
  • Will be a Cane if they give him the green light. Concern may be space/slots for DTs
  • Geo sees him in the class
  • Geo clarified that Miami finds a way to fit him in even if there's a number crunch. Too special.
I would have to hear more context and Geo is certainly more plugged in that I am, but I’m just not buying the “space” part

There’s space

Maybe I’m misunderstanding without context though

Advertisement
I would have to hear more context and Geo is certainly more plugged in that I am, but I’m just not buying the “space” part

There’s space

Maybe I’m misunderstanding without context though
exactly.. Mario has shown zero concern for space limitations up to now and now we have a top DT in our state that wants to commit and he doesn't have the green light? doesn't sound right...

This kid is a definite want for me in the class.

I have him and Jayden Jackson above Russell but understand the Russell take.

Not sure if i gave my comp for this guy but his jr tape gives off a lot of the same i saw in this guys jr film....even down to some of the offense work. This kid has high upside

In a few years down the line if Mario turns it around like I think he will, I would be all in flavor of the Russell take but right now? i wondering if there isn’t a gentle way to tell him to seek shelter elsewhere.

In a few years down the line if Mario turns it around like I think he will, I would be all in flavor of the Russell take but right now? i wondering if there isn’t a gentle way to tell him to seek shelter elsewhere.
Idt they would have taken the commitment in the first place if they didn't 100% want him as part of the class nmw. Especially being a Columbus kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid is an absolute take. If we miss on him, we’re onto the dmitri Nichols of the world
You’re probably right. I haven’t even watched his film.

It’s more a comment on the hype train the past several months about DL being where the budget is going and us subsequently striking out on 5 star DT targets. Now we’re being told that the only option for 5 stars will come at DE.

😊

Advertisement

It’s more a comment on the hype train the past several months about DL being where the budget is going and us subsequently striking out on 5 star DT targets. Now we’re being told that the only option for 5 stars will come at DE.

😊
I have no idea what we're being told.

A month ago that was supposedly a good thing as we were all stealth in locking down 5 stars. We were sneaking guys in for visits and jumping on guys who were about to blow up. And our silents were going to announce strategically, to build and continue momentum.

Now it sounds like there is nothing to tell.

😊
Wow bro you need to check it out his film is insane like big time athlete

Advertisement

😊
I HAVENT SEEN A DT THIS ATHLETIC IN THE CLASS. I had to type that in all caps. This dude is a dancing bear LITERALLY

😊
Doesn’t watch film on him but makes a snide comment about him.

Just weird

Read the thread we seen his tape and iw as hyping this kid soon as i saw it.

1 problem....he's a panhandle kid and thats basically out of state for us
Yep. And just like the Bama RB, we should be looking over our shoulder up until after signing.

Advertisement
Back