Arroyo fired at UNLV

1. “Generational” players don’t go under the radar with the multiple recruiting services in business since before Herbert graduated

2. Being from Eugene doesn’t keep you off a radar. See the multiple 4 star players that come from that area. And also 5 stars from the region if you include Washington.

3. Arroyo gets credit for maintaining and improving his skill set. Not saying Arroyo needs to be at Miami, but keep it 100.
1. Says who? You? Aaron Donald, Pat Mahomes, JJ Watt, Antonio Brown, Bobby Wagner, etc. Even Justin Jefferson was ranked the 205th WR coming out of college. LSU was his biggest offer and only legit p5 offer.

2. Man, Washington is another state with a better football infrastructure than Oregon. Don’t slide Washington into this to create an argument. Oregon does not have many 4 stars in the state. It’s improving but it’s still low. And even with that, the majority of those athletes don’t come from Eugene. I mean the university is in the city of Eugene and very few recruits come from there. That should tell you something.

3. Since 2016, Herbert has had like 6-8 different HCs or OCs and balled out. How can you give one single person any credit. His stats were only down when his coaches decided to play older players. Dude has balled out ever year. Funny thing is neither Arroyo, Cristobal , or Taggart has ever coached a qb as good as Herbert and their qb productions hasn’t come close. I’m keeping it 100. You aren't. How does Arroyo get most of the credit for Herbert when he was ballin before he got to Oregon. I’m not bashing Arroyo but I’m not going to give him credit for developing anyone of the person was already ballin at a high level.

Advertisement
1. Says who? You? Aaron Donald, Pat Mahomes, JJ Watt, Antonio Brown, Bobby Wagner, etc. Even Justin Jefferson was ranked the 205th WR coming out of college. LSU was his biggest offer and only legit p5 offer.

2. Man, Washington is another state with a better football infrastructure than Oregon. Don’t slide Washington into this to create an argument. Oregon does not have many 4 stars in the state. It’s improving but it’s still low. And even with that, the majority of those athletes don’t come from Eugene. I mean the university is in the city of Eugene and very few recruits come from there. That should tell you something.

3. Since 2016, Herbert has had like 6-8 different HCs or OCs and balled out. How can you give one single person any credit. His stats were only down when his coaches decided to play older players. Dude has balled out ever year. Funny thing is neither Arroyo, Cristobal , or Taggart has ever coached a qb as good as Herbert and their qb productions hasn’t come close. I’m keeping it 100. You aren't. How does Arroyo get most of the credit for Herbert when he was ballin before he got to Oregon. I’m not bashing Arroyo but I’m not going to give him credit for developing anyone of the person was already ballin at a high level.

You obviously don’t know the context of generational. Herbert not even Top 3 at his position currently and you’re calling him generational. And again, “Generational” talents don’t blossom or peak in College. Trevor Lawrence and Andrew luck had that “generational” title.

Name the 6-8 HC and OCs Herbert had.

And I didn’t know throwing for less than 2k and 20 TD is “balling”.

I see some of y'all don't know what "generational" means. Herbert was drafted based on potential, a generational QB is already proven plus has the intangibles. Andrew Luck was the last prospect of that ilk.

The two best QBs in the NFL, Mahomes and Allen, weren't generational either coming out. It took Allen three years in the pros to get to where he is now.

However, after their production they become generational. Generational doesn’t stop at a draft selection. If that’s the case, ever generational talent will go first overall. Every generational talent would go 1st overall.

Who cares about coming out if an athlete performs at a high level on every level consistently they are generational. We can’t create standards. If you go by your definition the Randy Moss and Jerry Rice weren’t generational. Or Tom Brady isn’t generational. You can’t develop a generational talent either.

You obviously don’t know the context of generational. Herbert not even Top 3 at his position currently and you’re calling him generational. And again, “Generational” talents don’t blossom or peak in College. Trevor Lawrence and Andrew luck had that “generational” title.

Naw you are creating your own definition. It doesn’t stop at draft night. Herbert has been ballin since 2016. At one point, you have to admit he’s generational talent. No matter the Coach, level, or teammates he balls out. No one is talking about no titles. We have seen a qb ball out since 2016. He’s generational. Then you bring up top 3 qbs. You’re making up something else. He is top 5 in every statistical category. He is arguably a top 3qb. Y’all just argue to argue.

Why in the world do y’all want to credit Arroyo for developing Herbert? He coached him but he didn’t develop him. Herbert has proved that you an I can coach him and he would be a star if we just played him. You choose to ignore that he has had several coaches and still balled out. Meanwhile, many of his coaches have not came close to that production from their qb including Arroyo.

The man started 7 games in 2016 and threw for that amount. Stop arguing to argue. You’re acting like he played the entire season. He had 3 HCs and 2 OCs at Oregon. He had 2 HCs and 2 OCs in LA. That’s actually a total of 9 different HCs & OCs. Once again, why are you arguing to argue?

Advertisement
Naw you are creating your own definition. It doesn’t stop at draft night. Herbert has been ballin since 2016. At one point, you have to admit he’s generational talent. No matter the Coach, level, or teammates he balls out. No one is talking about no titles. We have seen a qb ball out since 2016. He’s generational. Then you bring up top 3 qbs. You’re making up something else. He is top 5 in every statistical category. He is arguably a top 3qb. Y’all just argue to argue.

Why in the world do y’all want to credit Arroyo for developing Herbert? He coached him but he didn’t develop him. Herbert has proved that you an I can coach him and he would be a star if we just played him. You choose to ignore that he has had several coaches and still balled out. Meanwhile, many of his coaches have not came close to that production from their qb including Arroyo.

So all the evaluators of Herbert missed on calling him generational? You mean to tell me Rivals or 247 or ESPN or Bama or USC or OU couldn’t see this generational talent? Emory Williams offer list looks better than Herberta coming out of HS. Y’all throw around exclusive terms like it’s nothing.

That “Generational” Tier is dedicated for the Elite of Elite. That ain’t Herbert.

Still waiting on those 6-8 OCs and HCs he had in COLLEGE. I’ll give you a hint, he had the same OC his sophomore - senior year. How do you coach someone, their stats improve, but you didn’t develop them? That’s wild. You got it dawg. No players get developed according to you, they show up balling.

So all the evaluators of Herbert missed on calling him generational? You mean to tell me Rivals or 247 or ESPN or Bama or USC or OU couldn’t see this generational talent? Emory Williams offer list looks better than Herberta coming out of HS. Y’all throw around exclusive terms like it’s nothing.

That “Generational” Tier is dedicated for the Elite of Elite. That ain’t Herbert.

Still waiting on those 6-8 OCs and HCs he had. I’ll give you a hint, he had the same OC his sophomore - senior year.

Yes. What don’t you get? Generational talents get overlooked all the time. Let’s look at it this way. If we knew what we know about Herbert now back in 2016 he would be a 5 star recruit and the number 1 over pick in the draft.

To be honest, your argument of elite athletes are dumb. Someone can call you elite but your performance dictates it.

I sent you another post where I said he had 3 HCs and 2 OCs in College and 2 HCs and 2 OCs in the nfl. I mean you can at least fake it and look this info up yourself. Since 2016 Herbert has had a total of 9 different HCs and OCs. The only consistency was Herbert.

Man stop arguing to argue. You can go ahead credit Arroyo but man he lost it with once he went to UNLV. At least develop his qbs into average g5 production. With that being said, I liked Arroyo but I’m not saying he developed Herbert. He coached him but he didn’t develop him.

Look at his stats with mario and superior talent.

Not good. Would be a hire like gattis.

Ehhh; I wouldn’t call Oregon’s talent, superior while Arroyo was there.

2018-19 roster
QB - Herbert (3-star: 659th ranked)
RB- Verdell (3 star; 443rd ranked)
RB: Dye (3 star; 987th ranked)
WR: Redd (4 star CB; 188th ranked)
WR: Mitchell (4 star; 173rd ranked)
WR: Schooler (3 star; 1181st ranked)
TE: Breeland (3 star; 642nd ranked)
LG: Lemieux (3 star; 498th ranked)
LT: Throckmorton (3 star; 532nd rank)
C: Hanson (3 star; 669th ranked)
RT: Sewell (4 star; 57th ranked)
RG: Warmack (4 star (transfer); 219th ranked)

In 2018, 67% of their starting lineup/heavy rotation were 3 stars. In 2019, 75% of their starting line up/heavy rotation were 3 stars, as 3 star (1534th ranked) Johnson III stepped in for 4 star Mitchell & Schooler was replaced by 3 star transfer Juwon Johnson.

I know that’s hard to fathom, but facts r facts.

Last edited:
Yes. What don’t you get? Generational talents get overlooked all the time. Let’s look at it this way. If we knew what we know about Herbert now back in 2016 he would be a 5 star recruit and the number 1 over pick in the draft.

To be honest, your argument of elite athletes are dumb. Someone can call you elite but your performance dictates it.

I sent you another post where I said he had 3 HCs and 2 OCs in College and 2 HCs and 2 OCs in the nfl. I mean you can at least fake it and look this info up yourself. Since 2016 Herbert has had a total of 9 different HCs and OCs. The only consistency was Herbert.

Man stop arguing to argue. You can go ahead credit Arroyo but man he lost it with once he went to UNLV. At least develop his qbs into average g5 production. With that being said, I liked Arroyo but I’m not saying he developed Herbert. He coached him but he didn’t develop him.

Herbert is not generational, period. I say that as a NFL fan & a person who have owned Herbert in my FFB league for 3 straight yrs. What Herbert is, is a very good QB.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Marino, Elway, Luck, Montana, Young…those guys r generational. Herbert is way too inconsistent, & yes, a 3 star QB can be generational as a lot of QBs r often overlooked & devalued, especially if their last name doesn’t fit the narrative or they play at a school that’s overlooked.

Advertisement
Ehhh; I would call Oregon’s talent, superior while Arroyo was there.

2018-19 roster

In 2018, 67% of their starting lineup/heavy rotation were 3 stars. In 2019, 75% of their starting line up/heavy rotation were 3 stars, as 3 star (1534th ranked) Johnson III stepped in for 4 star Mitchell & Schooler was replaced by 3 star transfer Juwon Johnson.

Superior to his competition.

Dont know if you saw the article from the Oregon writer but their fans hated arroyo. Said he was like a caveman and the offense was extremely predictable. Sound familiar to you?

We are spending big boy money. He is not a big boy coach.

Herbert is not generational, period. I say that as a NFL fan & a person who have owned Herbert in my FFB league for 3 straight yrs. What Herbert is, is a very good QB.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Marino, Elway, Luck, Montana, Young…those guys r generational. Herbert is way too inconsistent, & yes, a 3 star QB can be generational as a lot of QBs r often overlooked & devalued, especially if their last name doesn’t fit the narrative or they play at a school that’s overlooked.

I respect your point but I disagree about Herbert. He’s still young and although has his moments of inconsistency, he still performs at a high level. And has been doing so since he was in college. Other than that, I agree with everything else.

Arroyo and Mario was was his consistent coach in college and Arroyo gets credit for developing him.

The issue isn't that he's a village idiot or whatever the fck Gattis is.

The issue is that hiring him would mean that instead of acknowledging he needs a system overhaul, Mario would just be going back to what he's familiar with. Basically doubling down on a better version of the system nobody wants to see.
nobody cares what system you want to see. the only thing that matters is executing and winning. this thought that Miami can only win with "pace and space broh" is the biggest myth on this board.

Advertisement
He has a lot of experince under air raid guys. Was with dykes at cal and Monken at southern miss. Was at ok st too. So maybe he was trying to do more of what Mario wanted at oregon
Read he installed the spread at Wyoming. And changed stuff at Oregon….called plays for the TB Buccaneers when he was there due to OC being ill or something. Don’t have an opinion, just regurgitating some intel I found on him.

Lol. That team also had Herbert who upon getting to the league seemed more comfortable playing against NFL defenses than when he was in college who also had Penei Sewell protecting his blindside. 1 of those losses was to a pretty average Auburn team and that Rose Bowl win was against Wisconsin. Let's not act like they made that team a 10-2 team playing an SEC schedule with an average roster like a South Carolina. That Oregon team that went 10-2 underperformed, it was absolutely loaded. Herbert, Sewell, Thibideaux and Holland are some of the best young players in the league.
They weren’t loaded. They never had good receivers around herbert

I respect your point but I disagree about Herbert. He’s still young and although has his moments of inconsistency, he still performs at a high level. And has been doing so since he was in college. Other than that, I agree with everything else.

We’ll agree to disagree. This is his 3rd yr & he’s surrounded w/ a lot of talent. He makes poor decisions often. Again, really good QB, but generational is a huge stretch. That’s an echelon that’s rare air. To put this in context since u used the youth argument to defend ur stance:

Year 2 of Mahomes (2018-19):
NFL MVP
NFL OPOY

Year 3 of Mahomes (2019-20):
SB Champion
SB MVP

Year4 of Mahomes: (2020-21)
AFC Champion

Year 6 of Mahomes: (2022-23)
AFC best record (so far)

That’s generational.

You’ll see Montana win a SB by year 3;
You’ll see Marino lead The Dolphins to the SB his rookie year; You’ll see Elway lead his team to the SB by year 3; You’ll see Tom Brady lead his team to SB by year 2; You’ll see Luck take the worst franchise in year 1 to the playoffs.

Brother, Herbert haven’t even led his team to the playoffs yet, & when he had an opportunity last yr, he let an interim ST coach & D Carr snatch that playoff spot from them.

Herbert is a very good QB, not generational. The narrative of “generational” have been pushed to throw more dirt on Mario’s name more than anything.

Advertisement
Ehhh; I would call Oregon’s talent, superior while Arroyo was there.

2018-19 roster

I love these type of stats. Without looking up I would have assumed Oregon had more 4 stars but its a team mostly of 3 stars in the starting line up and stuff like this drives me crazy too cause as a team they are so much better then Miami

Superior to his competition.

Dont know if you saw the article from the Oregon writer but their fans hated arroyo. Said he was like a caveman and the offense was extremely predictable. Sound familiar to you?

We are spending big boy money. He is not a big boy coach.

I’m not saying I care for Arroyo, just like Mario wasn’t my first choice. I was highlighting the UO wasn’t some team full of blue chips when they went 21-6 while he was OC.

Even compared to their competition, it wasn’t superior sans WASU, their G5 & FCS opponents, AU, OrSU, Colorado, & Cal. They put up some good wins, like #25 UDub, #5 Utah, #8 Wisconsin, #24 Cal, #7 UDub.

The reason I’m w/e on him is b/c while those were good wins, as a OC, I also vividly remember his O struggle to move against a 5-7 AU team or look listless in a must win CFP determining game against a mediocre ASU team.

W/ all that being said, his body of work as an OC got him a head coaching gig at the G5 level. He may be better suited as a #2 vs. a #1, but hopefully not here. We need an offensive guru who’s a QB whisperer.

I’m not saying I care for Arroyo, just like Mario wasn’t my first choice. I was highlighting the UO wasn’t some team full of blue chips when they went 21-6 while he was OC.

Even compared to their competition, it wasn’t superior sans WASU, their G5 & FCS opponents, AU, OrSU, Colorado, & Cal. They put up some good wins, like #25 UDub, #5 Utah, #8 Wisconsin, #24 Cal, #7 UDub.

The reason I’m w/e on him is b/c while those were good wins, as a OC, I also vividly remember his O struggle to move against a 5-7 AU team or look listless in a must win CFP determining game against a mediocre ASU team.

W/ all that being said, his body of work as an OC got him a head coaching gig at the G5 level. He may be better suited as a #2 vs. a #1, but hopefully not here. We need an offensive guru who’s a QB whisperer.
Who was your first choice if you don't mind me asking?

Advertisement
Back