Arroyo fired at UNLV

We’ll agree to disagree. This is his 3rd yr & he’s surrounded w/ a lot of talent. He makes poor decisions often. Again, really good QB, but generational is a huge stretch. That’s an echelon that’s rare air. To put this in context since u used the youth argument to defend ur stance:

Year 2 of Mahomes (2018-19):
NFL MVP
NFL OPOY

Year 3 of Mahomes (2019-20):
SB Champion
SB MVP

Year4 of Mahomes: (2020-21)
AFC Champion

Year 6 of Mahomes: (2022-23)
AFC best record (so far)

That’s generational.

You’ll see Montana win a SB by year 3;
You’ll see Marino lead The Dolphins to the SB his rookie year; You’ll see Elway lead his team to the SB by year 3; You’ll see Tom Brady lead his team to SB by year 2; You’ll see Luck take the worst franchise in year 1 to the playoffs.

Brother, Herbert haven’t even led his team to the playoffs yet, & when he had an opportunity last yr, he let an interim ST coach & D Carr snatch that playoff spot from them.

Herbert is a very good QB, not generational. The narrative of “generational” have been pushed to throw more dirt on Mario’s name more than anything.

You think LA was on par talent wise with the 01 Patriots, 83 Dolphins, or ‘18 Chiefs? Those guys came to teams that was surrounded with talent or were already playoff contenders

I’m not going to get in a debate about Mahomes vs. Herbert. Mahomes is the best in the league imo but that still doesn’t mean Herbert isn’t a generational talent. I mean Herbert’s 2nd year stats is nearly identical to Mahomes. Herbert has talent around him but nothing like Mahomes, Brady, Luck, and Marino when they came into the league. You bring up Montana but it took him 3 years to come into his own.

Statistically Herbert is up there with the elite. He isn’t better than Mahomes but it doesn’t mean he isn’t a generational talent. You talk about mistakes but Elway was turnover the hall a whole lot and he kept his generational “title.” Brady was a game manager early in his career. It’s disingenuous to fault him for not having playoff success when the majority of the guys you named were on winning teams with more weapons. Or like Elway, some of those same qbs had their shortcomings but was considered generational. Young qbs make mistakes it’s a part of the game but to be among the top 5 passers in the league is not.

Advertisement
You think LA was on par talent wise with the 01 Patriots, 83 Dolphins, or ‘18 Chiefs? Those guys came to teams that was surrounded with talent or were already playoff contenders

I’m not going to get in a debate about Mahomes vs. Herbert. Mahomes is the best in the league imo but that still doesn’t mean Herbert isn’t a generational talent. I mean Herbert’s 2nd year stats is nearly identical to Mahomes. Herbert has talent around him but nothing like Mahomes, Brady, Luck, and Marino when they came into the league. You bring up Montana but it took him 3 years to come into his own.

Statistically Herbert is up there with the elite. He isn’t better than Mahomes but it doesn’t mean he isn’t a generational talent. You talk about mistakes but Elway was turnover the hall a whole lot and he kept his generational “title.” Brady was a game manager early in his career. It’s disingenuous to fault him for not having playoff success when the majority of the guys you named were on winning teams with more weapons. Or like Elway, some of those same qbs had their shortcomings but was considered generational. Young qbs make mistakes it’s a part of the game but to be among the top 5 passers in the league is not.

Yeah, we’ll definitely agree to disagree. Lol

Exactly what I was saying in my posts above. UNLV was easily one of the 10 worst FBS programs in the county when he got there.

Tony Sanchez was 20-40 in the 5 years before Arroyo got the job.

In the Covid year, they went 0-6. 2 wins last year. 5 wins this year, and their best player (QB Brumfield) missed multiple games in the middle of the season. In the games he played, they won or were very competitive.
At least he's used to having a losing record and an injured QB. That's a start for a "good fit" at Miami

Advertisement
Not at all; Hugh Freeze was my first choice. Him w/ bags in So Fla would’ve been epic. Hugh is a really good coach, in general.
Sorry, but UM will never get into bed with someone who has that kind of baggage...I mean never again.

So for all of the Kiffin, Leach, and Freeze lovers out there...might as well keep dreaming.

The last thing UM wants is a Chelsea Andrews throwing around bad press about the athletic department and the choice to hire a guy like Freeze.

Sorry, but UM will never get into bed with someone who has that kind of baggage...I mean never again.

So for all of the Kiffin, Leach, and Freeze lovers out there...might as well keep dreaming.

The last thing UM wants is a Chelsea Andrews throwing around bad press about the athletic department and the choice to hire a guy like Freeze.

Oh, I know.

Advertisement
Watching Peek-A-Boo GIF by V5MT

Advertisement
Advertisement
They also said Mario would never leave Oregon, Miami was broke, Oregon was a better job, Mario was too good for Miami..........and then when he left, they said he sucked and they were glad to get rid of him.

Lesson #1: Never, ever, ever listen to fans.
Oregon is about to be in a g5 league with sc and UCLA leaving.

Pac 12 games don’t get great viewership to begin with because of the time zones. Duck fans are obnoxious

Advertisement
Back