Arroyo fired at UNLV

Advertisement
He'll get **** on by this board, and I'm not saying I want him as the OC here, but he got a raw deal at UNLV and is a better coach than CIS will lead you to believe.

Go check out almost all of the national reaction right now on this decision. I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
This group already has their mind made up on OC if it’s not

Dan Mullen
Garrett Riley
Alex Golesh
Tom Herman
Ken Dorsey

They don’t want it

Advertisement
This group already has their mind made up on OC if it’s not

Dan Mullen
Garrett Riley
Alex Golesh
Tom Herman

They don’t want it
962DA7C8-A223-4686-8880-C67367F287B6.gif

He'll get **** on by this board, and I'm not saying I want him as the OC here, but he got a raw deal at UNLV and is a better coach than CIS will lead you to believe.

Go check out almost all of the national reaction right now on this decision. I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
He may have gotten a raw deal but he was part of the 2 man crew that handcuffed Herbert for 3 consecutive sub-200 yard games to close out his career in Oregon. He also left the cupboard bare after Herbert left, so they had to grab Anthony Brown in the portal, then turn and get Nix.

I'm sorry but after the failed Gattis experience, i'm not looking to settle for Arroyo.

Advertisement
Justin Herbert didn't become a star because he was playing in that system though. And two things can be true. Arroyo could be a QB coaching savant, and still have a ****** system.
He has a lot of experince under air raid guys. Was with dykes at cal and Monken at southern miss. Was at ok st too. So maybe he was trying to do more of what Mario wanted at oregon

Advertisement
Herbert was a 3 star. Was he generational or developed?

He was generational. He was ballin before Arroyo got there. Under Helfrich he beat out a grad transfer and FCS player of the year in Dakota Prokup. He only started 7 games but threw for nearly 2k and had a 19:4 TD to int ratio. He was just under the radar because he was from Eugene but he was still ballin.

Justin Herbert didn't become a star because he was playing in that system though. And two things can be true. Arroyo could be a QB coaching savant, and still have a ****** system.

And neither has to do with Herbert. Herbert started 7 games for Helftich as a true freshman and threw for nearly 2k with 19 TDs and 4 ints. He was balling out the gate.

I hear what you're saying, but "the system nobody wants to see" went 10-2 in 2019 and won the Rose Bowl with a Top 15 scoring offense.

I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't mind seeing that here.
Lol. That team also had Herbert who upon getting to the league seemed more comfortable playing against NFL defenses than when he was in college who also had Penei Sewell protecting his blindside. 1 of those losses was to a pretty average Auburn team and that Rose Bowl win was against Wisconsin. Let's not act like they made that team a 10-2 team playing an SEC schedule with an average roster like a South Carolina. That Oregon team that went 10-2 underperformed, it was absolutely loaded. Herbert, Sewell, Thibideaux and Holland are some of the best young players in the league.

Advertisement
Arroyo and every candidate should be evaluated solely by their ability to architect and operate an entire offensive unit.

More specifically, they should be evaluated on the ability to architect and operate an offensive unit with our likely players. Most specifically, they should be evaluated on the ability to architect and operate an offensive unit with our likely players under Mario Cristobal.

To optimize his program, I believe Mario needs an OC with a different philosophy than he's already associated with. Why? Because I believe he needs a complement to his approach rather than someone who augments his existing beliefs.

He was generational. He was ballin before Arroyo got there. Under Helfrich he beat out a grad transfer and FCS player of the year in Dakota Prokup. He only started 7 games but threw for nearly 2k and had a 19:4 TD to int ratio. He was just under the radar because he was from Eugene but he was still ballin.

1. “Generational” players don’t go under the radar with the multiple recruiting services in business since before Herbert graduated

2. Being from Eugene doesn’t keep you off a radar. See the multiple 4 star players that come from that area. And also 5 stars from the region if you include Washington.

3. Arroyo gets credit for maintaining and improving his skill set. Not saying Arroyo needs to be at Miami, but keep it 100.

Lol. That team also had Herbert who upon getting to the league seemed more comfortable playing against NFL defenses than when he was in college who also had Penei Sewell protecting his blindside. 1 of those losses was to a pretty average Auburn team and that Rose Bowl win was against Wisconsin. Let's not act like they made that team a 10-2 team playing an SEC schedule with an average roster like a South Carolina. That Oregon team that went 10-2 underperformed, it was absolutely loaded. Herbert, Sewell, Thibideaux and Holland are some of the best young players in the league.

Could’ve been more comfortable due to the system he ran in college. How many Ohio State QBs struggle once they get to the league? And I don’t really don’t care what they do in the NFL, ball out here.

Advertisement
Back