Army All American Game Notes

You mfs are insane, if you thought Nesta didn’t look great then what the fvck did Taron Vincent do any better than him in that clip?....some of you don’t even know what you are looking at. He did pretty good in those clips

Brock...for the love of God please STFU for a day or two. You talk like you are some kind of an elite talent evaluator because you pump up the 4 and 5 star recruits like they are diamonds in the rough. You don’t know anything that everyone else on this board doesn’t know already. We all know that Ty Campbell is a stud. We all know that PS2 is a stud. We all know that Nesta, Pope, Lingard, Blades...etc are all studs. You aren’t breaking any news here, trust me. Yet you feel the need to talk down to everyone on this board as if you are the second coming of Butch.
Go eat a d*ck you dumb idiot, anyone looking at that video in that clip saying he was overmatched needs to stop watching football period

I'm not talking about whether or not Nesta was overmatched in a particular clip you illiterate ****...I am talking about your general arrogance in regards to evaluating talent with comments like "some of you don't even know what you are looking at". I am talking about the fact that you like to allegedly break down film of blue chip recruits and then come on the board and declare that they are blue chip recruits as if nobody else has realized that yet.

Advertisement
Thought nesta struggled a bit.

Thomas is a besst

Topic I think a few recognize but no one wants to discuss... Nesta's a solid prospect but far from the world beater folks here want to act like he is. He's not going to just come in and wreck ****, I don't think. I guess he's the only DT we got though, so...

I disagree strongly. Nesta is elite.

These one-on-ones are deceptive for DTs. Nobody dominated these drills like Forston. They favored his skill set.

Put Nesta in 11-on-11 and he dominates. I heard from two SEC coaches (including Alabama) that Silvera was the best DT in the country and the meanest DT they ever recruited. Kool also has him #1 in the country.

Meanest DT alabama ever coached? That souds like hyperbole.

However i agree that he has power and motor and leverage.

Don’t know about no. 1 in the country, but he’s a legit target for us, and that’s all i am focused on.

Keep the best local kids home, and we will compete for titles, or should. Fail to do so, and we won’t.

Nesta must be about to flip because he's suddenly average according to CIS. Same guy who dominated the best competition in the USA all year like no other DT in recent memory .

Advertisement
Nesta must be about to flip because he's suddenly average according to CIS. Same guy who dominated the best competition in the USA all year like no other DT in recent memory .

Well, you have constantly told us any one of our commits who doesn't sign early should be on flip watch. Is he the exception because he is taking his official with the rest of the AH crew?

[TWEET]948204240211726340[/TWEET]

This is classic Hightower and why I think he'll surprise many. Kid doesn't pop off the screen like a Pope or others, but he is deceptively (sneaky) fast. Long strider who gets in and out of his cuts well and quickly (and with his size) makes for a real tough matchup

[TWEET]948204240211726340[/TWEET]

This is classic Hightower and why I think he'll surprise many. Kid doesn't pop off the screen like a Pope or others, but he is deceptively (sneaky) fast. Long strider who gets in and out of his cuts well and quickly (and with his size) makes for a real tough matchup
Him blowing by an elite athlete like Taylor Stuart the 5 star tells me all I need to know. Can’t wait to see what he does

Advertisement

Thomas is a besst

Topic I think a few recognize but no one wants to discuss... Nesta's a solid prospect but far from the world beater folks here want to act like he is. He's not going to just come in and wreck ****, I don't think. I guess he's the only DT we got though, so...

Not good enough to be an impact guy next fall. Depth guy/rotational? Sure but nothing beyond that.
wow you got all that from one small clip???? CMR should hire you as the 10th coach! You"re the one Jerry!Devry Class of 2011

Side rant, Idk if it's just these two guys but it seems like corners aren't that good flipping their hips in off man (or zone). I noticed it in TC's one-on-one vs Pope and the Cali kid against Hightower. That's part of why they got ran by so easily. I'm assuming most of these guys are playing press man for their high school teams bc they're just that much better athletes than their opponents.

Well, you have constantly told us any one of our commits who doesn't sign early should be on flip watch. Is he the exception because he is taking his official with the rest of the AH crew?

You're exceptionally dim if you can't decipher the clear difference between being open to signing somewhere else and "he gone." If a kid doesn't sign early, he's OPEN TO BEING FLIPPED. Repeat the capitalized section 10 times so that you don't mischaracterize my stance on this ever again.

I never said he was on "flip watch" or any of that nonsense. I said he's listening and that if you don't sign early, then you're not really committed.

Nesta is still being recruited. He's likely going to take some visits according to what he said. He's OPEN TO BEING FLIPPED. If he didn't want to continue being recruited and wasn't open to listening to other schools, then he would have signed. Pretty easy concept.

Advertisement

Thomas is a besst

These one-on-ones are deceptive for DTs. Nobody dominated these drills like Forston. They favored his skill set.

Put Nesta in 11-on-11 and he dominates. I heard from two SEC coaches (including Alabama) that Silvera was the best DT in the country and the meanest DT they ever recruited. Kool also has him #1 in the country.

Meanest DT alabama ever coached? That souds like hyperbole.

However i agree that he has power and motor and leverage.

Don’t know about no. 1 in the country, but he’s a legit target for us, and that’s all i am focused on.

Keep the best local kids home, and we will compete for titles, or should. Fail to do so, and we won’t.

For the record, I put almost no stock in these clips. I like Nesta a lot. I think he's a great prospect who will start multiple years for us. I'm not convinced he will be an elite D1 DT though, I think he's getting a little extra hype here because of where he's from and our need at DT.. Love his motor and nastinrss. I'm not convinced he's just going to be able to aggressively bull rush everyone in college.

You're exceptionally dim if you can't decipher the clear difference between being open to signing somewhere else and "he gone." If a kid doesn't sign early, he's OPEN TO BEING FLIPPED. Repeat the capitalized section 10 times so that you don't mischaracterize my stance on this ever again.

I never said he was on "flip watch" or any of that nonsense. I said he's listening and that if you don't sign early, then you're not really committed.

Nesta is still being recruited. He's likely going to take some visits according to what he said. He's OPEN TO BEING FLIPPED. If he didn't want to continue being recruited and wasn't open to listening to other schools, then he would have signed. Pretty easy concept.

You got it Legend. He will be a beast for us no doubt. I'm glad he's the exception to your rule.

Who else does Kuligowski have ranked high on the DT board, if you know?

Thomas is a besst

Advertisement

Thomas is a besst

Not good enough to be an impact guy next fall. Depth guy/rotational? Sure but nothing beyond that.
wow you got all that from one small clip???? CMR should hire you as the 10th coach! You"re the one Jerry!Devry Class of 2011

You think he'll start? You think he'll get more snaps than Ford and Bethel?

Hopefully Williams' competitive juicies start flowing and he bounces back today and plays up to the competition around him.

When is the game this year?

Ouch... Did he have a bad day yesterday?

Thomas is a besst

I usually to almost always agree with my friend swagger. Here i have a somewhat different view.

Nesta is solid. He’s got impressive power and drive and is big enough. I think he can be a disruptive penetration guy. But he isn’t huge, and isn’t a gap filler, imo. He will have to be surrounded by the right guys to be most effective, and I am not sure who else we are recruiting so hard to judge. I’m not sure Nesta next to Ford is the perfect pairing, either.

If Nesta develops, the model for him imo would be Russell Maryland. And that would take real development. But size, body type, drive train, attitude, seems to be aligned. Plop Tez next to him and he can eat. If only we had another Kennedy.

Overall he seems like a good get to me, and has a long suit that can help us if we build the right line around him. But as the playoff games yesterday made clear, we are a long way off on DL. Overall. Nesta is a poece. Where are the other pieces?

There is no question Williams has a live arm and can fire it all over the field but on Day 1, the four-star Miami signee struggled with high throws and it didn’t get much better as the day went on. The Lawrenceville (Ga.) Central Gwinnett recruit was not missing receivers with overthrows that went uncaught but he was not hitting them in the numbers, either, and the ball sailed a few times more than the other quarterbacks. That might be a little nitpicky but all the quarterbacks were solid in an indoor setting. Williams did show nice accuracy throwing on the run but when he was standing in the pocket on numerous occasions the ball was not right on the money.

These reports are subjunctive remember that, 247 spoke highly of Jarren

This writeup is what i saw as well. Williams was good but not great. Several of his throws were high, causing guys to reach up jump. In games, you don't want to be high. Very correctable....usually starts with footwork. He has a very live arm though and throws incredibly well on the run. Incredibly pleased we dumped Sitkowski for this kid!

Advertisement
Back