Army All American Game Notes

Williams has a really, really good release. I love the way he looked one way then BAM, he's firing it a different direction. That release is a thing of beauty.

Advertisement
Hopefully Williams' competitive juicies start flowing and he bounces back today and plays up to the competition around him.

When is the game this year?

You're joking right? Williams was on fire yesterday. Multiple observers said that an argument could be made in favor of Williams have the best day out of all the QB's

I haven't looked at any other sources. The 1st video said Williams was 3/3 in their evluations yesterday and most of his passes where catchable high passes. So because of the placement they ranked him last.

Advertisement
Haven't seen anyone stop Xavier Thomas in any of these camps yet - maybe the big Polynesian from Utah did (Penei Sewell) earlier in the year.

Hopefully Williams' competitive juicies start flowing and he bounces back today and plays up to the competition around him.

When is the game this year?

You're joking right? Williams was on fire yesterday. Multiple observers said that an argument could be made in favor of Williams have the best day out of all the QB's

I haven't looked at any other sources. The 1st video said Williams was 3/3 in their evluations yesterday and most of his passes where catchable high passes. So because of the placement they ranked him last.

Most of those balls were perfect hence the compliment of “good ball” after most of his throws. Please go back to giving reports on the local badminton tournament and not football.

Advertisement
carlton.gif

Should rename this thread "Army All American Game Notes" so we can follow along with how Miami players are doing

Although, it might get confusing with the thread that already exists.

Bully at WR. He’ll fit right in as a blocker and hopefully give us a physical presence to make contested catches and some deep balls

Advertisement
Bully at WR. He’ll fit right in as a blocker and hopefully give us a physical presence to make contested catches and some deep balls

Yep, don’t think he get the credit he deserves. Hopes his performance from the day wake up these scouting services who dropped him from top 50 to barely a 4 Star pretty much

One thing that happens is when we miss at certain places, folks tend to overhype the guys we do get, especially the South Florida kids. .

Nesta is the number one target. The misses are the guys behind him in the pecking order. I don't see how your scenario applies at all.

People are hyped about Nesta because everyone down here (including HS coaches) considers him the truth. He was state DPOY. It has nothing to do with missing on anyone else.

By the way, he apparently has multiple TFLs this morning and intercepted a pass.

What you guys are saying is not inconsistent. Both can be true. Nesta can be the staffs top priority for any range of reasons. And fans can blow him out of proportion from an expectation perspective when other targets fall away. That’s not only possible, it’s almost certainly true.

Advertisement
I just don't think he's "the number one DT in the nation" type of guy - I think folks are getting a little carried away.

The quotes I posted were from SEC coaches, not overzealous fans. There is a reason Bama offered him. His production is unique and he has natural strength and explosion.

You may end up being right. DTs are impossible to predict. Nobody could've expected Forston to flop like he did. But people are excited about Nesta because of what he's done on the field. There is no artificial inflation. He's an elite prospect getting recruited by everybody.
I think Swagger is responding to the hype around here.

I personally think he’s got a point. And I’m quite high on Nesta. I don’t put much weight on what other staffs have said. It’s possible they said it. It’s possible they meant it if they said it. Who knows. So many things are said to be true in recruiting that don’t end up being true.

What I think is that Nesta gets great push and leverage and plays nasty, and that’s a great asset in a DL. Especially with the right kids around him. [I do not think he’s like Forston, mostly because Forston didn’t have Nesta’s drive or attitude, IMO. I say that as someone who — to your comment above — was not as high on Forston as the crowd was. Not saying I expected him to flop, either.] IMO attitude means a lot for DL. I don’t know his practice habits but hopefully they’re what you’d want to see. But Nesta isn’t a prototype physically, and as OL get bigger and S&C get better, that matters. Alabama showed it last night.

If Mesta is the best DL in the country, it’s going to be because his attitude, power and drive are truly much better than others. He’s not go8ng to be the biggest or strongest kid in the country. I think he’s a unique kid who I’m excited to have in this class. But we need 4+ DTs who are ready to play, with depth for injuries. So let’s not be satisfied with Nesta ... and let’s hope he signs with us on NSD!

They say Williams is looking like the best qb out there and he’s shredding the elite secondary he’s going against. I’m telling you that kid is the real deal

I said it before but he was starting over Trevor Lawrence during 7v7 in the summer during the important games.

Nesta needs a few additional pass rush technique that he'll learn from Kool, but that guy wins with power and leverage every play. Many of these guys run around the OL each play or get cute, he just wants to overpower them each time....which will translate directly to games. He may not be elite physically/athletically like some of the guys on Bama's Dline, but he looks like a dog i want on my team in every fight on saturday. He will beat linemen up and push that pocket.

Advertisement
Back