Arky State Game cancelled Thread

This shows UM is about family its what separates us from other programs IMO.........**** if i was a player im going home with the fam fuq everything else. To me UM comes out looking good it shows they care while the other school dont give a fuq

Why couldn't we play the game on Thursday night or Friday night and still get the players and staff home in time to be with their families?

Who cares whats done is done they look good doing this especially in the community, its ark state i mean we talkin bout ark state..... not a game...... but ark state

So could have we rescheduled for Thursday or Friday and had the team back home to be with their families long before the storm hits or not?

Stop dodging and answer the question. It's a yes or no question.

Preparing for a hurricane is a little more complex than "being with your family".

Yep...merely acquiring lumber, water, gas is a monumental challenge right now in south florida. These people have no idea.

Advertisement
Some of these post are crazy. Living through Katrina seeing what Harvey did and this storm is worst than them and fools talking bout playing a game. When ur *** trying to save ur life I bet not 1time yall stupid mf'sgoing to say at least we played Arkansas St. smh these fools crying over an Arkansas St. game

Why couldn't we play the game on Thursday night or Friday night and still get the players and staff home in time to be with their families?

Who cares whats done is done they look good doing this especially in the community, its ark state i mean we talkin bout ark state..... not a game...... but ark state

So could have we rescheduled for Thursday or Friday and had the team back home to be with their families long before the storm hits or not?

its about family they should be helping them now till the storm hits...i cant talk about rescheduling they didnt do it so im noit going to bytch about it whats done is done

Why won't you just answer the question? It's a simple yes or no.

Why you actin all soft on this one?

They could of rescheduled and they didnt what u want me to say i dont control that ****, yes they could have and they didnt what is me bytching about it going to change? If they did it this way so be it more time for the kids with there families, but ur right they could of rescheduled but they didnt and im not that upset about it tbh. **** we got hit with Sandy and i said fuq work n that was nothing compared to this beast

I'm right

Answer my question. It's the sentence with the question mark at the end of it.

We lose a full day of preparation.

The schedule is Monday off, practice Tuesday, practice Wednesday, practice Thursday, travel Friday, play Saturday. We lose a full day of preparation by agreeing to play. UCF and Memphis agreed to move their game up to Friday but that's a conference game and it's in their best interest to play. We clearly were happy to capitalize on this scenario...I won't deny that. But to fly out there early and be hasty about this with the looming threat of everything back home getting wiped out the next day (with the potential of being stranded in Arkansas) made this an easy decision.

CAPITALIZE ON THIS SCENARIO? Do you honestly think that the "normal schedule" is going to continue? Do you HONESTLY believe that we are going to practice on Wednesday and Thursday of this week?

WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF, purely from a football standpoint, to move EVERYTHING to Memphis or Atlanta for the next 2-3 weeks, and act as if Irma wasn't going to impact our FOOTBALL TEAM at all.

Stop it with this "full day of preparation" nonsense. We are about to lose almost 2 full weeks of preparation.

I promise you that nobody on the team is taking this as seriously as you are. People here are more worried about staying alive lol.

I think you misunderstand my post, and maybe I misunderstand parts of yours.

The bottom line is that we are NOT concerned about the preparation, we are likely to lose 2 weeks due to the HURRICANE, not the game cancellation.

That's life. May not like it, learn to love it.

WHAT EXCUSE DO WE REALLY HAVE TO NOT PLAY THIS GAME?
HELPING TO BOARD UP A HOUSE REALLY MY *****?

THEIR AD MAKING US LOOK REALLY BAD BECAUSE HE GOT ESPN TO MOVE THE GAME UP TO FRIDAY TO ACCOMMODATE US TRAVEL WISE AND BLAKE STILL SAID NO LOL.

FIU IS IN MIAMI BRUH AND THEY ****ING PLAYING WE LOOK LIKE WE RUNNING AWAY FROM A FIGHT MY *****.
I HAVE WATCHED NYGGAS GET THEY *** WHOOPED IN A FIGHT I KNEW BEFORE THE **** EVEN STARTED THAT HE COULDN'T WIN BUT I RESPECT THAT HE STILL SHOWED UP.

COWARDS DIE A THOUSAND TIMES ........... YOU KNOW HOW THE SAYING GOES WELL WE LOOK LIKE COWARDS RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T **** WITH NYGGAS WHO AIN'T GOT NO HEART.......... THAT'S REAL TALK MY *****.

BLAKE YOU A **** ***** FOR THIS ****.

Arky St. can be our preseason game in 2013.

The Courts, Schools, major employers, all have closed Thursday till Monday (at least).**** the freaking NFL cancelled the game. The airports south of J'ville will all be closed on Saturday and Sunday. If we were playing at home on Friday that is a different story.

Advertisement

its about family they should be helping them now till the storm hits...i cant talk about rescheduling they didnt do it so im noit going to bytch about it whats done is done

They could of rescheduled and they didnt what u want me to say i dont control that ****, yes they could have and they didnt what is me bytching about it going to change? If they did it this way so be it more time for the kids with there families, but ur right they could of rescheduled but they didnt and im not that upset about it tbh. **** we got hit with Sandy and i said fuq work n that was nothing compared to this beast

I just wanted you to say that part. Because it's the truth.

Right, because this is totally comparable to taping 5 year old kids to your front door.. I bet you would be that **** that'd leave their family in an emergency because "it's the safer place to be". Talk about a ****ing snowflake.

I would be that pvssy who would knock all your teeth out and leave your face swelled up like you have anaphylactic shock.

Right...

Yet again another smart move by the program that only dumb fs that complain and make excuses for a living cant understand.

Biggest game of Richt's Miami career next week that has potential to set the course for our future and we have this monster of a distraction coming this weekend that has potential to be one of the worst hurricanes in SFL history. Mothers stranded, families destroyed and entire neighborhoods wiped off the map and you don't seem to be able to get it.

Funny thing is that this is actually an IQ test that you just failed miserably at and Ark State is a preseason game and nothing else. The media may blast us but that's their job as a click salesmen. The day I give a shiat about what anyone associated with Ark state thinks is the day I start thinking "real talk" means anything more than a desperate cry for massive education reform.

Thursday was not on the table. Their AD was only pushing for Friday. The reason given for no Friday is that they thought there was a good chance all local airports would be closed on Saturday for the return. Tropical storm force winds are scheduled to arrive early morning Saturday, which means automatic airport closure.

Advertisement
Worried about how we look?
Wow We loose cred on the field not on social media. our scheduling proves we play anybody.
Old African proverb "the lion doesn't turn its head when a small dog barks"
Bytch N always worry about what people think and how they look and what twitter and instagram says.
Real men take care of their family. If you think hurricane preparedness for a cat 4 -5 is "putting up some boards" then I hope you never experience one. If we waited till tomorrow People would be upset that we took too long to cancel. Maybe the contract said we had to give a certain amount of notice to cancel. Hotel rooms need like 72 hrs or you dont get you money back.

How could they have rescheduled? If they play the game Thursday they would have needed to leave today. No notice. If you play the game Friday, you are getting back Saturday when the storm is already starting to hit. There's no other week on the schedule that it even works.

OP did you forget to take yur meds today, if not double up. There are really important things in life to get upset about, this should not be one of them. Winds are up to 225 mph, if I was in Florida I would be worried and everyone there should be safe!

yea they could have thats the truth but they did what they did im not mad about it

Advertisement
Nobody except maybe some trolls and you are looking at this as us running away from them. Wh on earth would we run away from a team that our 3rd string guys are more talented then.
I think it's pretty lame. I feel accommodations can be made. That said, many of these players have children/families- some even wives. I would not want to be away from my family playing a game while my children's suffered through a hurricane.

THE STORM IS SUPPOSE TO BE HERE EARLY SUNDAY IF THE GAME IS PLAYED ON FRIDAY AT NOON ENDS AT 4 OR 5 TEAM IS BACK ON FRIDAY A 6:30 7:00 FRIDAY HOW DOES THAT KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THEIR FAMILY'S?
Like I said, accommodations could have been made. That is certainly one of them.

FIST BUMP BRUH AND WE GOOD .......... ALL I'M SAYING IS I DON'T LIKE THE FACT THAT WE LOOK LIKE WE'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM THEM...

RESCHEDULE THE **** OR SOMETHING.

Should've never scheduled a game in that racist *** State anyway. Drove through there and it seemed like every crib had a Confederate/**** flag. Fuq em', now they have a free Saturday to fuq their sisters, cousins, in some cases, both.

We owe a lot of our greatness to coaches who passed through the state of Arkansas. Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis both played at Arkansas. I think JJ was also an assistant there under Frank Broyles. Tommy Tuberville, who was a very good LB coach and decent coordinator played for Arkansas State, as I recall. I've never been there, but a good part of the population might have that kind of attitude, but not everybody. I would have been happy to go up there with a team more than 95% black and whupped their asses. Of course, their team is probably mostly black, as most college football teams are these days.

You can **** sure tell the posters that have NO LIFE and live through the accomplishments of others.

Advertisement
STUPID CLUELESS THREAD. I'm glad some of you have a crystal ball. Getting to the game isn't the problem; returning to FL might be a big problem. People can lose homes & family & some of you are griping about a game being played? I can tell from the dumb & dumber postings who lives in FL & who doesn't.

The game could have been rescheduled for early Friday and everyone would still have made it home and dry before any Irma complications.

Advertisement
Back