Arky State Game cancelled Thread

I didn't realize how many idiots were on this board until this cancellation. The show must go on even if that means being away from family and stranded in Arkansas. Football is a game, there are real lives in danger and the possibility of them never seeing their families again is more than enough reasoning to immediately cancel the game, it's really not a tough decision to make

I could lightweight see players being ****ed cause they're playing... But these **** boy fans acting like it's the end of the world cause they can't "watch" a team play is Killin me

It's clear through VARIOUS tweets from the players tgat safety is their only concern right now, not a trip to pound a cupcake in Arkansas

Advertisement
How does leaving players in the path of the storm promote safety? The had a tremendous built in evacuation plan, and that was to fly to Arkansas. Families of players could have been given the option to ride out the storm in the safest building on campus, but they would have been comforted knowing their sons were safe in Arkansas.

This is reactionary pvssy ****. People invariably panic in these situations because cancelling everything is the "I ain't getting blood on my hands" easy move.

Perfect post.

How does leaving players in the path of the storm promote safety? The had a tremendous built in evacuation plan, and that was to fly to Arkansas. Families of players could have been given the option to ride out the storm in the safest building on campus, but they would have been comforted knowing their sons were safe in Arkansas.

This is reactionary pvssy ****. People invariably panic in these situations because cancelling everything is the "I ain't getting blood on my hands" easy move.

There's no doubt taking the players out the state would be the safest move "for the players and staff" but what about their families? UM gonna ship them all out too??? I know if i was on that team i'm not leaving my family behind in Miami while a hurricane hits to go play FB just not happening!

How does a child staying in Miami stop his family from being impacted by a storm? The storm is going to do what it's going to do regardless of if the child stays in Miami.

The child, however, would be absolutely safe in Arkansas. UM could give the immediate families of the players the option of riding out the storm in a safe structure on campus.

I could understand cancelling the game if it was in Miami. In Arkansas? LOL.

It's not about stopping the impact of the storm dude! It's about being with your family... wtf are u missing here?

Yes. It's very important for a child to stay in the potential path of a storm instead of evacuating to Arkansas. It's much safer to keep the child in the potential path of the storm so he can be unsafe.

You're wasting your time. Logic and reasoning isn't going to penetrate the tinfoil barrier.

I'm just saying... we were talking a lot of smack about the geyturds dropping out of their game last year and refusing to reschedule and now we are doing the same thing.

"UF and Alachua County Public Schools cancelled classes Friday, but the county did not issue a mandatory evacuation. One local high school, Eastside, rescheduled its game for Saturday at 5 p.m"

NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same situation as we are currently in.

Dude people here don't sweat these things , they just worry about tornadoes and possibly losing electricity. Nothing like the folks down there are dealing with.

Anyone comparing the two situations is crazy.

It's nowhere the same deal.

Advertisement
Cancelling was stupid, unnecessary, and will come back to bite us in the dik.
Seriously gotta disagree with you on this one brother. Several reasons this had to happen but one in particular left us with no choice. Besides the whole concern for families being the forefront we were gonna play the game. We looked in to playing than busing back to Georgia (cause flights are grounded)but literally couldn't find ANY form of housing for the team. We looked from Georgia to south Carolina & everywhere is booked up because of people running from this storm. So our only option would be coming back to miami in those conditions that are chaotic at best. That's simply stupid & requires a death wish all over a warm up game to Arkansas state who by the way would've gave us one he'll of a run especially without our heads being in the game.

Seriously gotta disagree with you on this one brother. Several reasons this had to happen but one in particular left us with no choice. Besides the whole concern for families being the forefront we were gonna play the game. We looked in to playing than busing back to Georgia (cause flights are grounded)but literally couldn't find ANY form of housing for the team. We looked from Georgia to south Carolina & everywhere is booked up because of people running from this storm. So our only option would be coming back to miami in those conditions that are chaotic at best. That's simply stupid & requires a death wish all over a warm up game to Arkansas state who by the way would've gave us one he'll of a run especially without our heads being in the game.

As opposed to staying in place and getting hammered by the storm anyway???

I don't get their reasoning ... just a lazy, feel-good decision

well... that's what the times are now.

If they were in charge in '92, they would have cancelled the season after Andrew

Last edited:
Hey all you mental midgets the point of the snowflake post is that we are now rationalizing for a gazillion reasons why we should cancel a game. For safety? Well what about concussions?

Advertisement
DangerWillRobinson.jpg

Advertisement

As opposed to staying in place and getting hammered by the storm anyway???

I don't get their reasoning ... just a lazy, feel-good decision

well... that's what the times are now.

If they were in charge in '92, they would have cancelled the season after Andrew

This is logic. The options are be with your family & loved ones where you feel most secure or be stuck on a ****** bus in the middle of nowhere cause there is no housing anywhere available for 130 plus people especially where you can get them settled in time from busing. It's not an option. By the way as of right now this storm is worse than Andrew... god willing it won't affect us anywhere near as bad.

What a joke we've become. Traveling to these weak *** programs like App st and Ark St. Now we're passing on playing a game a day earlier or leaving earlier. All this prep time to go to get our asses handed once again by FSU. F'in joke!

Advertisement
Yes. It's very important for a child to stay in the potential path of a storm instead of evacuating to Arkansas. It's much safer to keep the child in the potential path of the storm so he can be unsafe.

So, basically what you are saying is that playing a football game in more important than the players families.
Your understanding is rudimentary at best. What is a kid staying in the potential path of the storm going to do to save his family? I'm going to find a 5 year old and tape him to ny front door to ward off Irma if you can convince me why it's best to have a kid stay in the potential path of the storm instead of evacuating to Arkansas.

I did that during Sandy, I was fine. The kid was fine too. It is a shame the kid's family lived in the Village, because they were never seen again.

Anytime there is a Hurricane in the western Atlantic wer'e now on Blake cancel alert. Well there's another one coming behind Irma.

So, basically what you are saying is that playing a football game in more important than the players families.
Your understanding is rudimentary at best. What is a kid staying in the potential path of the storm going to do to save his family? I'm going to find a 5 year old and tape him to ny front door to ward off Irma if you can convince me why it's best to have a kid stay in the potential path of the storm instead of evacuating to Arkansas.

I did that during Sandy, I was fine. The kid was fine too. It is a shame the kid's family lived in the Village, because they were never seen again.

LOL Sandy

Choke yourself

Sandy was a tea party compared to the hurricanes that have hit and will hit Florida.

Comparing the puff of air that was Sandy to this behemoth. Child, please.. I **** on Sandy

Right, because this is totally comparable to taping 5 year old kids to your front door.. I bet you would be that **** that'd leave their family in an emergency because "it's the safer place to be". Talk about a ****ing snowflake.

I would be that pvssy who would knock all your teeth out and leave your face swelled up like you have anaphylactic shock.

Not if I see you at a tailgate first, f*ckboy

Advertisement
Back