Arky State Game cancelled Thread

Yes. It's very important for a child to stay in the potential path of a storm instead of evacuating to Arkansas. It's much safer to keep the child in the potential path of the storm so he can be unsafe.

So, basically what you are saying is that playing a football game in more important than the players families.
Your understanding is rudimentary at best. What is a kid staying in the potential path of the storm going to do to save his family? I'm going to find a 5 year old and tape him to ny front door to ward off Irma if you can convince me why it's best to have a kid stay in the potential path of the storm instead of evacuating to Arkansas.

I did that during Sandy, I was fine. The kid was fine too. It is a shame the kid's family lived in the Village, because they were never seen again.

LOL Sandy

Choke yourself

Sandy was a tea party compared to the hurricanes that have hit and will hit Florida.

Comparing the puff of air that was Sandy to this behemoth. Child, please.. I **** on Sandy

huh

Advertisement
I could give a **** about the optics here, really. The outcome of the FSU game will have nothing to do with whether or not we played Arkansas State. We're either ready to get back into this rivalry or we're not. We had the ******* lead on these guys the last three games, twice by more than one score. Enough. Finish.
Win.

I could give a **** about the optics here, really. The outcome of the FSU game will have nothing to do with whether or not we played Arkansas State. We're either ready to get back into this rivalry or we're not. We had the ****ing lead on these guys the last three games, twice by more than one score. Enough. Finish.
Win.

He speakem truth

Right, because this is totally comparable to taping 5 year old kids to your front door.. I bet you would be that **** that'd leave their family in an emergency because "it's the safer place to be". Talk about a ****ing snowflake.

I would be that pvssy who would knock all your teeth out and leave your face swelled up like you have anaphylactic shock.

Not if I see you at a tailgate first, f*ckboy

classic

Don't like this.. we could have used the extra "practice" against a real opponent, and see if we could have worked out some of the kinks from week 1. it is what it is, but i'm not a fan.

Advertisement
If Miami is going to contend for the College Football Playoff, it can prove it without playing Arkansas State, which was cancelled because of concerns about Hurricane Irma. CFP executive director Bill Hancock said the selection committee evaluates teams based on who they DID play. "Foremost, our thoughts are with the people whose lives are affected by the weather," Hancock said. "As for how the committee views schedules that might be modified, of course, the committee members will be aware of unique circumstances that affect each game. When comparing resumes to rank the teams, as always, they will consider what each team has done on the field."

Yes. It's very important for a child to stay in the potential path of a storm instead of evacuating to Arkansas. It's much safer to keep the child in the potential path of the storm so he can be unsafe.

So, basically what you are saying is that playing a football game in more important than the players families.
Your understanding is rudimentary at best. What is a kid staying in the potential path of the storm going to do to save his family? I'm going to find a 5 year old and tape him to ny front door to ward off Irma if you can convince me why it's best to have a kid stay in the potential path of the storm instead of evacuating to Arkansas.

I did that during Sandy, I was fine. The kid was fine too. It is a shame the kid's family lived in the Village, because they were never seen again.

LOL Sandy

Choke yourself

Sandy was a tea party compared to the hurricanes that have hit and will hit Florida.

Comparing the puff of air that was Sandy to this behemoth. Child, please.. I **** on Sandy

Sandy wasn't about the wind speed. It was about the tidal surge.
Let me educate you.
Over 700,000 homes totaled, destroyed or washed completely away.
It was the second costliest storm in US history.
Florida has not had that kind of destruction since '92.
Hopefully, that will remain the case.

How does leaving players in the path of the storm promote safety? The had a tremendous built in evacuation plan, and that was to fly to Arkansas. Families of players could have been given the option to ride out the storm in the safest building on campus, but they would have been comforted knowing their sons were safe in Arkansas.

This is reactionary pvssy ****. People invariably panic in these situations because cancelling everything is the "I ain't getting blood on my hands" easy move.

There's no doubt taking the players out the state would be the safest move "for the players and staff" but what about their families? UM gonna ship them all out too??? I know if i was on that team i'm not leaving my family behind in Miami while a hurricane hits to go play FB just not happening!

How does a child staying in Miami stop his family from being impacted by a storm? The storm is going to do what it's going to do regardless of if the child stays in Miami.

The child, however, would be absolutely safe in Arkansas. UM could give the immediate families of the players the option of riding out the storm in a safe structure on campus.

I could understand cancelling the game if it was in Miami. In Arkansas? LOL.

Who said they're staying in Miami? Players have been released to go home to their families. They can go wherever they want instead of getting stuck in Arkansas all next week.

Who said they're getting stuck in Arkansas? I've live through these before and trust me, If they won't let you travel back into a disaster area after the disaster has passes, you **** sure didn't want to be there during.

LOL Sandy

Choke yourself

huh

Yeah.
Not a very informed statement.

Advertisement
What a joke we've become. Traveling to these weak *** programs like App st and Ark St. Now we're passing on playing a game a day earlier or leaving earlier. All this prep time to go to get our asses handed once again by FSU. F'in joke!

Fvck this guy

How many of you clamoring to play this game have actually been in a real hurricane? How many?

For those of you that haven't, but are clamoring to play this game have no idea what you're dealing with.

I have lived through one of the largest and most destructive hurricanes of all time, and these things are both terrifying and unpredictable. These kinds of disasters are about 100 times worse than they look on TV. Anyone that wants to play a **** football game with this storm bearing down on S. Florida is either of their **** minds, or never experienced a deadly hurricane

When storms like this head your way you want to give yourself as much time as possible to prepare and for your family to prepare---that's because everyone is trying to evacuate, which snarls traffic, or buy **** to hunker down (e.g., groceries stores/hardware stores packed and hours in check out lines, gas lines a mile long). It's a chaotic experience.

Families can be without power for weeks and even getting basic necessities can become a feat. Then there is the storm surge that raises the sea level to unimaginable levels. This results in MASSIVE flooding along the coast lines

This storm is monstrous --one of the biggest we've seen, and you want to be proactive and ahead of the 8-ball, not reactionary and/or playing catch-up after that beast is already on top of you. That's a HUGE no-no for a storm like this. You don't even know if the airport will be closed and for how long....if you'll even be able to drive for days or weeks. There are too many variables in play and too much uncertainty to take the risks to play the game.

And sure, Miami can play this game and then stay in Atlanta for week, but by doing that you would've changed practice patterns, study and class time, and the general outline of how you prepare for a game on a weekly basis. You'd put tremendous stress on the players, and that is a huge deal. That's not something you want to do going into FSU.

I don't really care about Arkansas State or that we canceled that crap game. What bothers me is that all of the reasons given for cancellation are all reasons why the team should not be in Miami this weekend, and before some pretentious jackass tries to explain how not all of our players are from the Miami area, shut up. Most of them are. Sending them home is sending them into the path of this storm and HOPING that if a major disaster becomes of this that they were able to get out. So don't pretend that the magnitude of this potential disaster in any way justifies having the majority of our guys sit right here and fend for themselves. Cancel the game and evacuate the team to Atlanta like the basketball team. I don't really care. But cancelling and staying in Florida???

Don't sit here and try to tell me how compassionate and concerned you are by wanting the vast majority of these players to be in South Florida rather than Arkansas because of how bad this hurricane is supposed to be for South Florida.

Don't sit here and try to tell me how we'll have more time to practice for FSU while at the same time saying that the reason the game is cancelled is because there might not be a place to practice next week.

And **** sure don't sit here and try to tell me about living through a hurricane. I am essential personnel. Evacuation orders do not apply to me. I am required to sit my *** right here and hope for the best. And when the worst is over, I'll be right there clearing roads, reopening lines of communication, and passing out bottles of water. My family will be well inland where I don't have to worry about them.

There's no doubt taking the players out the state would be the safest move "for the players and staff" but what about their families? UM gonna ship them all out too??? I know if i was on that team i'm not leaving my family behind in Miami while a hurricane hits to go play FB just not happening!

How does a child staying in Miami stop his family from being impacted by a storm? The storm is going to do what it's going to do regardless of if the child stays in Miami.

The child, however, would be absolutely safe in Arkansas. UM could give the immediate families of the players the option of riding out the storm in a safe structure on campus.

It's not about stopping the impact of the storm dude! It's about being with your family... wtf are u missing here?

Great plan! Lets use Mark Walton as an example... Coach Richt - "Mark we are going to play in Arkansas this weekend despite the huricane, sorry but you have to leave you 1 year old and girlfriend here while we go play this mighty team."
Mark Walton - "No problem coach, it's the safest place for me"

You're probably one of those folks who thinks deporting illegal aliens break up families. They can take their kids with them, you know.

Advertisement
This isn't just a regular hurricane, it's a biblical, wrath of god type storm. One of all time most powerful ever recorded. Might make Andrew feel like a warm breezy day. School should certainly try to help all students' (not just football players) families find shelter. People should have started prepping a couple days ago - players might want to be helping friends and family board up houses or get supplies. No chance they would be focused on football. You really want to see what happens when a young, unfocused, distracted team that didn't spend time in the film room plays a decent AK State team on the road?

I'm cool with the emboldened part. Not so much with the rest. If we really feel like this might be a once in century type storm, and I agree it could be, the university really should be doing everything it can to get the players and their families to safety.

However, this reeks of a "we can't afford to help everybody, so we chose to help nobody," type situation, and the university was afraid of being perceived as placing a football game above the safety of the community.

Same ****asses ing about this would if we went up there and lost because half the team was distracted by what was going on with their family, or even if we won by a slimmer than wanted margin. Bunch of dumb mother ****ers.

Advertisement
This isn't just a regular hurricane, it's a biblical, wrath of god type storm. One of all time most powerful ever recorded. Might make Andrew feel like a warm breezy day. School should certainly try to help all students' (not just football players) families find shelter. People should have started prepping a couple days ago - players might want to be helping friends and family board up houses or get supplies. No chance they would be focused on football. You really want to see what happens when a young, unfocused, distracted team that didn't spend time in the film room plays a decent AK State team on the road?

I'm cool with the emboldened part. Not so much with the rest. If we really feel like this might be a once in century type storm, and I agree it could be, the university really should be doing everything it can to get the players and their families to safety.

However, this reeks of a "we can't afford to help everybody, so we chose to help nobody," type situation, and the university was afraid of being perceived as placing a football game above the safety of the community.

They bused the players without anywhere to go to Orlando

It's not about stopping the impact of the storm dude! It's about being with your family... wtf are u missing here?

Great plan! Lets use Mark Walton as an example... Coach Richt - "Mark we are going to play in Arkansas this weekend despite the huricane, sorry but you have to leave you 1 year old and girlfriend here while we go play this mighty team."

You're probably one of those folks who thinks deporting illegal aliens break up families. They can take their kids with them, you know.

Here we go with this **** breaking along political lines. The cancer that is the westendzone certainly has metastasized

I've been too worried about figuring out where I'm riding out this storm to worry about football all day... But now that I have a moment: **** THESE HILLBILLY MOTHER****ERS. Ahem. They're so clouded by the excitement of having a real program come whip their *** that they don't realize there's real consequences to real people if this game gets played. We had a ******* contract, and our AD decided it was worth several hundred grand to buy out of it to protect our players, coaches, and their families. If that wasn't cool, you shouldn't have signed the ******* contract with an X you hillbilly *****. The idea that we're "dodging" this dog**** team is ******* laughable. We needed a decent tune-up before FSU... And we chose to forego it because real human beings are being faced with a potentially catastrophic storm. **** these Arkansas morons for trying to spin this as anything else. Go Canes. Stand with Miami.

Here we go with this **** breaking along political lines. The cancer that is the westendzone certainly has metastasized

It's got nothing to do with politics. It's got to do with the stupid notion that people grown enough to have kids aren't grown enough to take then along for the ride or at least see them to safety before they leave. If they're that god**** stupid and helpless, what good are they really going to be able to do for them if they stay behind.

Quit pretending that everybody is so stupid and helpless that there's no possible way on Earth that they'll be able to figure out how to conduct their affairs without someone guiding them along on a leash.

Advertisement
Back