Aren't you guys tired of...

Can paksat or hughhoney explain to me the following:

If Mark Richt isnt a fan of the Dawg Football phone booth offense, and the only reason he ran it at UGA was bc he was forced to, then why has he brought that exact offense to Miami? Is he still taking orders from the UGA BOT?????

LOL. That'll be a tough one to explain away, but BeetlejuiceHoney will reply with "I eat strawberries" and congratulate himself.

Kaaya forced it on him.

Yes I'm sure Brad Kaaya, the shotgun spread QB who never played under center or with RPO, stormed into Rick's office and said "I demand you play i-formation!"......Just like uga's bot did, right (wink wink)?

Advertisement
Richts play-callin cost us an undefeated regular season record this year. If James Coley is our OC & Manny Diaz is our DC we go 12-0 regular season this year. Not a question in my mind.
I don't know if we go undefeated, but we would have whipped everyone so far if we had a good offense. UNC is a perennial trash heap on D, and Rick made them look impenetrable.

Good post and spot on.

We are witnessing some of the worst play calling in the history of the program. If Richt doesn't swallow his pride and hire a dedicated OC we're in a world of trouble.

...constantly finding a player or players or unit to blame? Kaaya is now Public ***** Number 1. And, yes, he's a choking puke who has never won anything.

But doesn't it trouble you guys that he looked better under a trashbag amateur OC in Coley than he has under Rick?

Haven't we been here too many fcking goddam times over the past 14 years? Every fcking year it's "We could have won if _______(insert failing side of ball or scapegoat player du jour) played better." That **** is ok if it happens once in a awhile. But we've been doing it for 14 fcking years.

Bottom line: Rick is being paid a lot of money to win football games and field a team that improves. We're pretty much the same fcking team we've been. Yes the defense is more fun to watch. But they give up a lot too, and they're not good enough to make up for the drop in our offense. So we've improved on D and now suck on O. It's a wash. Same ****.

We hired a guy who wanted to coach more, but he's terrible at what he wants to coach. He's a rusty nail. A beef stew. The dude is scared and always opts for the conservative approach. He's trying to run some mish mash cornucopia of Power I and RPO, and it ain't working. We went deep once yesterday and Richards was wide open. We didn't test FSU deep at all despite them getting killed deep all year.

Blame Kaaya. Blame the nebulous "separation" issue. Blame our lack of game breakers at RB. Blame the OL. Keep finding players. Fact is UNC has sucked forever on D. Fact is Rick could do nothing with them. This isn't an aberration. This has been the same garbage we've seen all year with the exception of the App Store game.

We're back to hoping that our HC can assemble an NFL roster that wins despite his ineptitude. Sound familiar? We've been dancing that dance for 14 years. We're stuck with another version of Folden who we have to hope can sign some transcendent players. Yay. This guy's taking a roster packed with NFL players and getting shut down by some bad defenses.
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]: One of your best post.

We hired a guy who self proclaimed he was burnt out...yet coming back to his alma mater, and that $4m check has re-energized him....in a matter of 1 month??

ll is made, I don't see him talking w the refs. When Kaaya throws a stupid pass, I don't see him coaching him up and getting into his grill like Jimbo does. I don't see the adjustments being made. I don't see a guy who's looking forward to game day.

Honestly, I even question his fire for recruiting...sending out birthday cake tweets is not going to cut it. To give an example, one of my clients is Jim Harbaugh's uncle and cousin. Friday, they came in to the office w/ Antioch HS sweaters (Antioch High is 20 minutes from my job and the home of Najee Harris). I asked if that was their alma mater, and the uncle said, "no, Jim is using his bye week to come visit that kid Harris at this school to secure a visit from him...he said something bout the kid wavering on his commitment and blah, blah...u know how my nephew is, he has A.D.D."

That type of dedication, in season, is what I'm not seeing from Richt. Using kids, and his coaching staff to tweet and follow up is cool, but where's that passion? It shows in his coaching as well. I'm appreciative of him pushing the IPF; I'm appreciative of him forcing Adidas hands to change our look. I'm appreciative of him donating his own $ to the cause, but as of right now, he's more of an alumni taking care of his school than a coach. It's not 6 games...but someone posted, this has been the last 6-7 years.

Well put Rell, I can't agree with you more! I appreciate him also, but they're missing that killer instinct that many of us want on offense. He looks too lax on the sideline. If that's how he is, cool, but get someone, an OC, who has that dog in him to Put the best players on the field for our advantage.

...constantly finding a player or players or unit to blame? Kaaya is now Public ***** Number 1. And, yes, he's a choking puke who has never won anything.

But doesn't it trouble you guys that he looked better under a trashbag amateur OC in Coley than he has under Rick?

Haven't we been here too many fcking goddam times over the past 14 years? Every fcking year it's "We could have won if _______(insert failing side of ball or scapegoat player du jour) played better." That **** is ok if it happens once in a awhile. But we've been doing it for 14 fcking years.

Bottom line: Rick is being paid a lot of money to win football games and field a team that improves. We're pretty much the same fcking team we've been. Yes the defense is more fun to watch. But they give up a lot too, and they're not good enough to make up for the drop in our offense. So we've improved on D and now suck on O. It's a wash. Same ****.

We hired a guy who wanted to coach more, but he's terrible at what he wants to coach. He's a rusty nail. A beef stew. The dude is scared and always opts for the conservative approach. He's trying to run some mish mash cornucopia of Power I and RPO, and it ain't working. We went deep once yesterday and Richards was wide open. We didn't test FSU deep at all despite them getting killed deep all year.

Blame Kaaya. Blame the nebulous "separation" issue. Blame our lack of game breakers at RB. Blame the OL. Keep finding players. Fact is UNC has sucked forever on D. Fact is Rick could do nothing with them. This isn't an aberration. This has been the same garbage we've seen all year with the exception of the App Store game.

We're back to hoping that our HC can assemble an NFL roster that wins despite his ineptitude. Sound familiar? We've been dancing that dance for 14 years. We're stuck with another version of Folden who we have to hope can sign some transcendent players. Yay. This guy's taking a roster packed with NFL players and getting shut down by some bad defenses.

Watch these same guys who are now convenient scapegoats kill it on the NFL level with proper coaching. Its uncanny the incompetence we've just continously hired at HC. I'm sick of it.

Advertisement
Kaaya ain't the problem.

He's not lived up to the hype, but a decent game planner would play to his strengths. Richt is a disappointment and it's obvious why he's not in UGA.
Kaaya is "A" problem, but he's not "the" problem. The OL getting blown up on 3 and 4 man rushes as well as receivers dropping too many balls are also problems. The play calling is also predictable and plays right into our weaknesses. The common denominator with all of these problems is that Richt is responsible for fixing them. We scored by far the fewest points of the season against that UNC defense yesterday. James Madison scored more points on them. The issues run much deeper than Kaaya.

Kaaya ain't the problem.

He's not lived up to the hype, but a decent game planner would play to his strengths. Richt is a disappointment and it's obvious why he's not in UGA.

Lol kayaa ajnt the problem

Proceeds to throw away 2 tds that win the game

The OC needs to understand the strengths and weaknesses of his team. Our OC does not. A good OC would work within kaayas limitations...not decide to lean on the weakest link of his team.. the OL.
EXACTLY!

Advertisement

@The Franchise: One of your best post.

We hired a guy who self proclaimed he was burnt out...yet coming back to his alma mater, and that $4m check has re-energized him....in a matter of 1 month??

When a bad call is made, I don't see him talking w the refs. When Kaaya throws a stupid pass, I don't see him coaching him up and getting into his grill like Jimbo does. I don't see the adjustments being made. I don't see a guy who's looking forward to game day.

Honestly, I even question his fire for recruiting...sending out birthday cake tweets is not going to cut it. To give an example, one of my clients is Jim Harbaugh's uncle and cousin. Friday, they came in to the office w/ Antioch HS sweaters (Antioch High is 20 minutes from my job and the home of Najee Harris). I asked if that was their alma mater, and the uncle said, "no, Jim is using his bye week to come visit that kid Harris at this school to secure a visit from him...he said something bout the kid wavering on his commitment and blah, blah...u know how my nephew is, he has A.D.D."

That type of dedication, in season, is what I'm not seeing from Richt. Using kids, and his coaching staff to tweet and follow up is cool, but where's that passion? It shows in his coaching as well. I'm appreciative of him pushing the IPF; I'm appreciative of him forcing Adidas hands to change our look. I'm appreciative of him donating his own $ to the cause, but as of right now, he's more of an alumni taking care of his school than a coach. It's not 6 games...but someone posted, this has been the last 6-7 years.

Richt has been active and aggressive in recruiting. Creating the 'Paradise Camp', with the Canes NFL alumi guest coaching was great. He's building great relationships in SoFla. I disagree he hasn't show the fire for recruiting.

I agree with his coaching of Kaaya. You rarely see Richt and Kaaya together when the defense is on the field. At least I haven't on TV. When a series goes bad Kaaya heads for a seat on the bench and Richt buries his head in his play chart. I'd expect to see Richt, or at least Jon Richt, coaching up Kaaya. Or Kaaya on the headset with the coaches upstairs (Brown?). Or both.

Kaaya ain't the problem.

Kaaya is "A" problem, but he's not "the" problem. The OL getting blown up on 3 and 4 man rushes as well as receivers dropping too many balls are also problems. The play calling is also predictable and plays right into our weaknesses. The common denominator with all of these problems is that Richt is responsible for fixing them. We scored by far the fewest points of the season against that UNC defense yesterday. James Madison scored more points on them. The issues run much deeper than Kaaya.

He made an absolutely horrible UNC defense look impenetrable all day. Yet we have morons on here blaming the players for all of it. I might be willing to partially excuse Rick if he had handled business against the other teams on the schedule, but his offense has stunk all year.

Did any of these dopes see what Art Briles did to this UNC defense in the bowl game with a 4th string QB who couldn't throw the ball? He annihilated them.

Advertisement
The good news is that for this new coaching era the neo-slurpers are far FAR outnumbered by the logic-based Canes fans who are sick of being bad.

Dude I am so sick of losing to these weak assed teams FSU sucks ok? They suck and we lost to them at home. UNC lost 34-3 at home last week and beat us here. As old Canes fans know even losing 1 game at home was unheard of for 10 years. They talk about Clemson's 20 game streak at home yeah triple that output and then give me a call!

This program has a ways to go because inept administrators and sorry ADs for years. Look at the coaches, S&C, facilities etc. I see we are losing another 5 star Fort Lauderdale WR to Ohio State that is bull****! Tired and enough of teams stealing talent from our own backyard. I hate Urban Meyer ban that SOB from here dude lies about his heart because he can't bend over for Tebow anymore!

Last edited:

let's not underestimate this right here. That has also been a constant, right? That and a putrid oline.

Advertisement

@The Franchise: One of your best post.

When a bad call is made, I don't see him talking w the refs. When Kaaya throws a stupid pass, I don't see him coaching him up and getting into his grill like Jimbo does. I don't see the adjustments being made. I don't see a guy who's looking forward to game day.

Richt has been active and aggressive in recruiting. Creating the 'Paradise Camp', with the Canes NFL alumi guest coaching was great. He's building great relationships in SoFla. I disagree he hasn't show the fire for recruiting.

I agree with his coaching of Kaaya. You rarely see Richt and Kaaya together when the defense is on the field. At least I haven't on TV. When a series goes bad Kaaya heads for a seat on the bench and Richt buries his head in his play chart. I'd expect to see Richt, or at least Jon Richt, coaching up Kaaya. Or Kaaya on the headset with the coaches upstairs (Brown?). Or both.

Only time I saw Richt get emotional was talking (kinda yelling) at Kaaya on the sideline after throwing into coverage again. Does Brad ever look off his first receiver? DBs reading his eyes and breaking on the ball. How about checking at line? Haven't seen that either maybe missed it.

Franchise you're on point. Richt, or Rick as you put it has been super bland with his play calling. Kaaya has been tap dancing all year behind the line, and that sorry *** o line has been putrid, period. They look out of sync the majority of times. Sick to my stomach we allowed a garbage unc team come out of there with a win.

Advertisement
Back