Aren't you guys tired of...

A+ post. I swear it's like people refuse to acknowledge that Mark Richt was fired at UGA for not getting it done. People have convinced themselves UGA is just purposely sabotaging their own program by getting rid of some gem of a coach. Guy is what he is, and at UM it will be a disaster. Good coaches at UM get eaten alive. You need to be great or the whole thing falls apart.

he went 13-1 his second year AT ***ING GEORGIA

did he hit his head on a locker or something?

uga wants to play "dawg football" which is that delusion that got beat into them after seeing herschel walker

richt didn't like it and they forced him out of playcalling into a ceo position

that's from what I understand

This makes ZERO SENSE now having sense Richts offense here. You really think that the AD of UGA told Richt, "hey man, we loved going 13-1, but we really need phone booth style offense or you are fired!".

On top of that, this whole "UGA wanted dawg football style" would make sense, except for the fact that clearly Richt loves calling a phone booth offense. We have seen that very clearly.

Mark Richt Is Trending On Twitter After Georgia?s Loss To Vanderbilt

you see that?

We are really so f'ing lucky I can't believe it. Richt is a god-send. So things aren't perfect in the first season, big surprise. We lucked out big time.

It took Butch almost 5 years to resurrect this program. I suspect it will take Richt the same amount of time. We don't exactly have a team full of blue chippers at the moment. In fact, this team is so weak and full of holes it's a wonder they can beat anyone. Vegas had us going 7-5 or 6-6 this season, and that's exactly what's going to happen. With all the recruiting problems we've had the past few years with Goldenboy and his merry band of JAGS, what did we expect? That's why I won't watch this team much this year. The whole program is FUBAR and has been for years. Richt may or may not be the answer, but he doesn't have chit to work with. His coaching method may be outdated and just plain bad, but I can see him making adjustments as better players become available. With Goldenboy, nothing would have ever improved at all.

I was all for Butch coming back here as he is a proven rebuilder of programs. However, he would have had the same five year project facing him that he had the first time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
he went 13-1 his second year AT ***ING GEORGIA

did he hit his head on a locker or something?

uga wants to play "dawg football" which is that delusion that got beat into them after seeing herschel walker

richt didn't like it and they forced him out of playcalling into a ceo position

that's from what I understand

This makes ZERO SENSE now having sense Richts offense here. You really think that the AD of UGA told Richt, "hey man, we loved going 13-1, but we really need phone booth style offense or you are fired!".

On top of that, this whole "UGA wanted dawg football style" would make sense, except for the fact that clearly Richt loves calling a phone booth offense. We have seen that very clearly.

Mark Richt Is Trending On Twitter After Georgia?s Loss To Vanderbilt

you see that?

We are really so f'ing lucky I can't believe it. Richt is a god-send. So things aren't perfect in the first season, big surprise. We lucked out big time.

It took Butch almost 5 years to resurrect this program. I suspect it will take Richt the same amount of time. We don't exactly have a team full of blue chippers at the moment. In fact, this team is weak and full of holes it's a wonder they can beat anyone. Vegas had us going 7-55 or 6-6 this season, and that's exactly what's going to happen. With all the recruiting problems we've had the past few years with Goldenboy and his merry band of JAGS, what did we expect? That's why I won't watch this team much this year. The whole program is FUBAR and has been for years. Richt may or may not be the answer, but he doesn't have chit to work with. His coaching method may be outdated and just plain bad, but I can see him making adjustments as better players become available. With Goldenboy, nothing would have ever improved at all.

Lol. Amazimg.

...constantly finding a player or players or unit to blame? Kaaya is now Public ***** Number 1. And, yes, he's a choking puke who has never won anything.

But doesn't it trouble you guys that he looked better under a trashbag amateur OC in Coley than he has under Rick?

Haven't we been here too many fcking goddam times over the past 14 years? Every fcking year it's "We could have won if _______(insert failing side of ball or scapegoat player du jour) played better." That **** is ok if it happens once in a awhile. But we've been doing it for 14 fcking years.

Bottom line: Rick is being paid a lot of money to win football games and field a team that improves. We're pretty much the same fcking team we've been. Yes the defense is more fun to watch. But they give up a lot too, and they're not good enough to make up for the drop in our offense. So we've improved on D and now suck on O. It's a wash. Same ****.

We hired a guy who wanted to coach more, but he's terrible at what he wants to coach. He's a rusty nail. A beef stew. The dude is scared and always opts for the conservative approach. He's trying to run some mish mash cornucopia of Power I and RPO, and it ain't working. We went deep once yesterday and Richards was wide open. We didn't test FSU deep at all despite them getting killed deep all year.

Blame Kaaya. Blame the nebulous "separation" issue. Blame our lack of game breakers at RB. Blame the OL. Keep finding players. Fact is UNC has sucked forever on D. Fact is Rick could do nothing with them. This isn't an aberration. This has been the same garbage we've seen all year with the exception of the App Store game.

We're back to hoping that our HC can assemble an NFL roster that wins despite his ineptitude. Sound familiar? We've been dancing that dance for 14 years. We're stuck with another version of Folden who we have to hope can sign some transcendent players. Yay. This guy's taking a roster packed with NFL players and getting shut down by some bad defenses.[/QUOTE

Always wondered what happened to Elliot offen....gangsta talk!

Mark Richt without $EC bagmen isnt all that as a recruiter either. So how exactly is he going to recruit his way out of this as he continues to get raped like every other corch we have had.

We needed a badass X's and O's man to come in here and bring excitement by winning with what he had. It's what great coaches do. We needed a great coach, not a burnt out big game bed wetter.

Briles, Petrino (back when he was available), Peterson, Herman, Chip, Patterson, D'antonio, Fedora, Venables, Gundy

All would've been better hires. And that's just off the top of my head.

Advertisement
Briles, Petrino (back when he was available), Peterson, Herman, Chip, Patterson, D'antonio, Fedora, Venables, Gundy

I don't recall any of those guys showing interest. I thought it was between Schiano and Mullen until Richt became available.

Guilty as charged. I'm all in with Mark Richt.

Who's writing him off? If you're with someone, you can't critique their work? Do you think he's done a good job these last two weeks? Wait, do you think HE thinks he's done a good job these past two weeks?

He's our coach probably for the better part of the next decade. Better than a lot of other alternatives. This is a message board where people discuss the good and the bad.

You have to wait 3 years to criticize offensive or defensive coordinating. If you criticize Rick for doing a poor job coordinating the offense it automatically means you want him fired as HC immediately.

Just one question, does anyone believe that the RPO suits Kayaa( who again, isnt' blameless in this)?

So why keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole?

It's maddening....

Advertisement
Kaaya is...a choking puke who has never won anything.

LOL. You are such a flavor of the week *** MF'er. Now you're blaming Mark Richt. Richt is not the problem. He has to deal with the pussified mentality and the pussified QB he was left on this team. This guy consistently won 10 games a season in the SEC and was let go because Georgia forgot they were Georgia. He is slowly changing the mentality of this team, and while it's not perfect, I'm nowhere close to writing him off yet.

He got fired from Georgia bc he couldn't beat elite teams, folded like a cheap suit in big games, had no identity on either side of the ball, and was clearly burnt out. Stop changing the narrative. We hired some other schools garbage and expect him to be Howard Schnellenberger.

Bad example.
In his first 6 games, Hurricane Howard was 3-3 with losses to San Diego State and Florida A&M.
One of the wins was an "dominating" 6-0 performance vs Louisiana Tech.

...constantly finding a player or players or unit to blame? Kaaya is now Public ***** Number 1. And, yes, he's a choking puke who has never won anything.

But doesn't it trouble you guys that he looked better under a trashbag amateur OC in Coley than he has under Rick?

Haven't we been here too many fcking goddam times over the past 14 years? Every fcking year it's "We could have won if _______(insert failing side of ball or scapegoat player du jour) played better." That **** is ok if it happens once in a awhile. But we've been doing it for 14 fcking years.

Bottom line: Rick is being paid a lot of money to win football games and field a team that improves. We're pretty much the same fcking team we've been. Yes the defense is more fun to watch. But they give up a lot too, and they're not good enough to make up for the drop in our offense. So we've improved on D and now suck on O. It's a wash. Same ****.

We hired a guy who wanted to coach more, but he's terrible at what he wants to coach. He's a rusty nail. A beef stew. The dude is scared and always opts for the conservative approach. He's trying to run some mish mash cornucopia of Power I and RPO, and it ain't working. We went deep once yesterday and Richards was wide open. We didn't test FSU deep at all despite them getting killed deep all year.

Blame Kaaya. Blame the nebulous "separation" issue. Blame our lack of game breakers at RB. Blame the OL. Keep finding players. Fact is UNC has sucked forever on D. Fact is Rick could do nothing with them. This isn't an aberration. This has been the same garbage we've seen all year with the exception of the App Store game.

We're back to hoping that our HC can assemble an NFL roster that wins despite his ineptitude. Sound familiar? We've been dancing that dance for 14 years. We're stuck with another version of Folden who we have to hope can sign some transcendent players. Yay. This guy's taking a roster packed with NFL players and getting shut down by some bad defenses.

Watch these same guys who are now convenient scapegoats kill it on the NFL level with proper coaching. Its uncanny the incompetence we've just continously hired at HC. I'm sick of it.

We should print out all the rosters of the ACC teams this year and then check back in a few years and see who has the most NFL talent. I get it, UM is not Bama or Ohio State( or even Clemson, if you want to restrict it just to our conference) but against the rest of the 2016 schedule, well...

again, lets check back in a year or three...

Mark Richt without $EC bagmen isnt all that as a recruiter either. So how exactly is he going to recruit his way out of this as he continues to get raped like every other corch we have had.

We needed a badass X's and O's man to come in here and bring excitement by winning with what he had. It's what great coaches do. We needed a great coach, not a burnt out big game bed wetter.

Great coaches hire great assistants.
So far so good with Kool/Diaz.
Let's hope he get's an aggressive offensive mind in here.

We're back to hoping that our HC can assemble an NFL roster that wins despite his ineptitude. Sound familiar? We've been dancing that dance for 14 years. We're stuck with another version of Folden who we have to hope can sign some transcendent players. Yay. This guy's taking a roster packed with NFL players and getting shut down by some bad defenses.
[MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]: One of your best post.

We hired a guy who self proclaimed he was burnt out...yet coming back to his alma mater, and that $4m check has re-energized him....in a matter of 1 month??

When a bad call is made, I don't see him talking w the refs. When Kaaya throws a stupid pass, I don't see him coaching him up and getting into his grill like Jimbo does. I don't see the adjustments being made. I don't see a guy who's looking forward to game day.

Honestly, I even question his fire for recruiting...sending out birthday cake tweets is not going to cut it. To give an example, one of my clients is Jim Harbaugh's uncle and cousin. Friday, they came in to the office w/ Antioch HS sweaters (Antioch High is 20 minutes from my job and the home of Najee Harris). I asked if that was their alma mater, and the uncle said, "no, Jim is using his bye week to come visit that kid Harris at this school to secure a visit from him...he said something bout the kid wavering on his commitment and blah, blah...u know how my nephew is, he has A.D.D."

That type of dedication, in season, is what I'm not seeing from Richt. Using kids, and his coaching staff to tweet and follow up is cool, but where's that passion? It shows in his coaching as well. I'm appreciative of him pushing the IPF; I'm appreciative of him forcing Adidas hands to change our look. I'm appreciative of him donating his own $ to the cause, but as of right now, he's more of an alumni taking care of his school than a coach. It's not 6 games...but someone posted, this has been the last 6-7 years.
Rick has never been one of those rah rah scream and yell guys. I don't have a problem with a more laid back relaxed approach. My problem is with him as OC. I think he can win here if he hires a good dedicated OC who knows how to spread the field and call an offense.

If he's a real savage and really wants UM to destroy college football he'll hire Briles as his OC or even Sark, who most USC guys thought was a better OC than *****in.

I have no problem with him being laid back as well, IF he had a savage CFO next to him...but unfortunately, he's both the CEO and CFO and if he's going to assume both positions, then he better be a beast at it. You don't always need to yell like McChewin...but you can pull that guy to the side, grab his pads & ask, "what are you doing? what are you seeing?" Then coach him up. That's what I mean by that fire...all I see is a guy who buries his head in the play book afterwards.

Advertisement
More tired of idiotic rants by a pseudo fan base dumber than public toilet flush handle, who think their opinions matter.

First 4 games:
Didn't open up the playbook.
FSU:
Rivalry game.
UNC:
Absolutely no excuse.
VT and forward:
Gotta change things up on "O" Coach.

C'mon man.
Why don't you just add Belichick while you're at it?
How many of those guys actually wanted to be here?

Advertisement

Who's writing him off? If you're with someone, you can't critique their work? Do you think he's done a good job these last two weeks? Wait, do you think HE thinks he's done a good job these past two weeks?

He's our coach probably for the better part of the next decade. Better than a lot of other alternatives. This is a message board where people discuss the good and the bad.

Why would you purposely omit the guy who I was responding to, aka the one who wrote them off, and then ask me who wrote them off?

Anyway, I don't think he's done a good job the past two weeks, but I'm not a reactive teenage female and I believe he'll straighten it out based off of his long history of coaching winning football programs.

Why would you purposely omit the guy who I was responding to, aka the one who wrote them off, and then ask me who wrote them off?

Anyway, I don't think he's done a good job the past two weeks, but I'm not a reactive teenage female and I believe he'll straighten it out based off of his long history of coaching winning football programs.

The automatic quote was broken from your guys' exchange on that page. Check it out for yourself. I couldn't clean it up, so I focused my response on the poster and discussion I aimed to engage.

I'm not sure if you're calling me a reactive teenage female, but we can have a reasonable discussion.

*Edit:

auto quote broken.jpg

See above. I've included the post with the broken auto quote. I think you may have me confused for someone who gets personal about this stuff. I'm here to talk football. If you'd like to do that, great.

Last edited:

The automatic quote was broken from your guys' exchange on that page. Check it out for yourself. I couldn't clean it up, so I focused my response on the poster and discussion I aimed to engage.

I'm not sure if you're calling me a reactive teenage female, but we can have a reasonable discussion.

*Edit:

View attachment 39624

See above. I've included the post with the broken auto quote. I think you may have me confused for someone who gets personal about this stuff. I'm here to talk football. If you'd like to do that, great.

Lol, ok great. I'm sure you can see that I was saying that in response to someone calling me a super slurper.

I was not referring to you as the reactive teenage female, rather anyone who thinks that he should be fired. I don't like to get personal either.

Watch these same guys who are now convenient scapegoats kill it on the NFL level with proper coaching. Its uncanny the incompetence we've just continously hired at HC. I'm sick of it.

We should print out all the rosters of the ACC teams this year and then check back in a few years and see who has the most NFL talent. I get it, UM is not Bama or Ohio State( or even Clemson, if you want to restrict it just to our conference) but against the rest of the 2016 schedule, well...

again, lets check back in a year or three...

I hate this NFL talk as if it equates to who should be the best college team and you'll win by default. You can be a very solid, good, or even great college player and never play a meaningful down in the NFL. Even our most loaded teams, there were guys who balled out here, but didn't make the next level. Dorsey on our most talented team ever is a prime example. Bama has been the king of college football for a while, churning out players, but still doesn't dominate the league like one would think. TCU, Baylor, Boise St a few years back, prolific offenses....where's the NFL players? UNC is very good offensively, got beat up in the wet against VT, but how many NFL players do they have....3 maybe?

Advertisement
Back