Are you blown away at how bad Diaz is?

Daddy connections. Only way to explain it.

Ask Mack Brown if he thinks Manny was a good hire
I’m just curious what connections does a Democrat city mayor have in Mississippi and Texas college football exactly?

I’ll give you the connections helped get him hired here and are part of why he is still here but idk how much daddy helped him at his previous stops.

Advertisement
Putting things further into perspective....He learned under Mickey Andrews for 2 years and under Chuck Amato for 6 years....2 great defensive minded dudes from the late 90s and early 2000's. If you're a Chuck Amato mentee and can't tell who will look good at linebacker in your defense then how the fvck could you evaluate and properly develop anyone?

I’m just curious what connections does a Democrat city mayor have in Mississippi and Texas college football exactly?

I’ll give you the connections helped get him hired here and are part of why he is still here but idk how much daddy helped him at his previous stops.
Haha...... I don't know, all I can say I guess. Politicians have friends everywhere.

And yes, we all know the only way he got the Miami job was because Daddy was friends with some BOT members

Advertisement
No bad HC has every left here and got another HC position. Him making hisself DC put the spotlight on him as how bad he is at that. His career as a DC or HC is over. Can’t be a position cause he don’t hold players accountable, can’t develop, Can’t scout talent, and he has to be told when to act. Man is useless to any coaching staff trying to win.

i feel really sorry for Canes fans who don't seem to get this and until they do, they will stay on the hamster wheel and be frustrated ...

so listen up again boys and girls .... the Miami admin and BOT do not give a good ****t or one rat's ***
about having a championship or even good football program !!! CASE CLOSED !!!

Not one bit. There is no excusing a coach who’s responsible for the worst unit on the team. And a unit that didn’t have young talent waiting in the wings. His position group was awful and bare. That’s a direct indictment on him as a coach.

Advertisement
Manny is a politician. He’s good at selling himself and leveraging his network. He’s not dumb, he’s just a terrible HC. He’s very good at weaving together a story.

Unfortunately this job showed he was massively in over his head. Would’ve helped to be at Temple for a few years. Reality is, his P5 career is probably over barring a huge turn around. He should see if he gets accepted to Saban’s HC Rehabilitation program. Could see him being a DC at a G5 or subpar P5 after and getting an HC gig at a midlevel job in 6-8 years, assuming he has the Saban experience and was a decent DC again.
Exactly. He rose too fast to his own detriment because we (Blake) offered him the type of job that no other equivalent program would've even given him a courtesy or a practice interview for.

I don't think Sabag will have any use for him but you're right in that he should just try to get a DC job anywhere and then be wayyyyy more cautious about any potential HC jobs he's offered again if he somehow rehabs his reputation enough to be in that spot.

I've said it before but I think USF is the perfect spot for him. Either as a DC or down the line as a HC.

This whole striker position is mind blogging. I don’t get how that help kids get to the league. Btw if u go the games the defense alignment issues are alarming. They don’t disguise well.
Ive thought this many times, it's a SS position with a cute name. No one in the league has that position. Might as well have a center striker in basketball

This dude was a defensive coordinator at TEXAS

AND and an sec program under mullen at Miss st.

he was picked by former UGA head coach mark richt

how in the bloody fck is this guy this bad at running a program yet had those credentials?

Lack of experience as a head coach. You can be the best coordinator in the world but being a head coach is a different animal. 3 out of our last 5 head coaches had no prior experience.

Advertisement
There’s a reason OC/DC do not go from being a coordinator to being a P5 head coach.

There’s a learning curve just like there is being a position coach before you become a coordinator.

Blake interrupted Mannys natural progression by buying him back from Temple and this program and Manny for that matter has paid the price.

Manny will NEVER get a HC stint again unless some school that’s starting a program up or something of the sort gives him a shot because they can’t find anyone else.

Same thing he will find when looking for a DC job.No P5 team is gonna stand in line to hire him after seeing this sHT.

Mannys old man,the BOT and Blake did Manny no favors by hiring him as HC.He wasn’t ready and thus now everyone knows how bad he is and have probably ended Mannys coaching career,at least on the P5 level.

Manny was given a chance to coach a P5 football team.Anyone that says they wouldn’t have taken the job,the money,the spotlight just like he did is lying.

Just like us,Manny got fCked when he was hired to coach the U of Miami.We will be hiring a new coach to replace him so we will move on but Manny Diaz can thank his daddy for ******** up and possibly ending his coaching career.I hope his daddy can find him a job in his cartel.Best Manny can hope for is someone gives him a shot as a position coach and that maybe he can then re-start his career and re-start the natural progression of things the way he should have been allowed to do before.

Now this might sound like I’m making excuses for Manny but all I’m saying is that Manny got fCked just like we did by Manny Sr,The BOT that took whatever bribes they were given by Manny Sr and also Blake who I’m sure was ordered by these same people to skip looking for an experienced coach and do what they were telling him and hire Manny Sr son at all cost.I was against the hire from jump street but I said I’d give it a chance.Go look it up.

Manny seems to be a decent person that seems to care about this program and the kids but just like the kid that was hired for a mailroom job and because of their daddy is put in charge of a Fortune 500 company …he had no business being put in that position.

The U of M got screwed by Manny Sr and the BOT members he obviously used his influence on to convince them to hire his son.His son who he thought he was helping also got screwed.The U of M will have a chance to recover from all this( whether they are now smart enough to see how bad they screwed up and want to fix it is still to be seen)and will hire a new coach and new AD.

But don’t forget that Manny might have gotten screwed just as bad by daddy using his influence to give him his first HC job.This program will survive this 3 year clusterfck but I’m not so sure Manny Jr will.

Hand picked by two senile old fools and a weirdo to be their D coordinator. Those credentials suck idk why anyone would say otherwise.

Advertisement
Lack of experience as a head coach. You can be the best coordinator in the world but being a head coach is a different animal. 3 out of our last 5 head coaches had no prior experience.
This right here.

There are phases and coaching achievements that coach should have before he is even considered for the Miami job. The BOT has ran the program like a low tier G5 program. You get low tier G5 results.

He got fired from Texas for the exact same reasons why he’s gonna get fired here.

Manny has always been fools gold, even I fell for it when he was DC, his Defense does nothing but juke the stats to make it look like they’re a lot more productive than they really are, because they get a high volume of TFL’s & sacks (havoc rate), but in reality it’s just a gimmicky smoke & mirrors act that once OC’s figure it out you can exploit it for 500-700+ yards type games.

Manny got selected because Manny Sr pulled strings within the BOT to allow for Snake James to make a rash hire without having to interview anyone.

I’m not shocked at how bad he is, because once we lost to FIU in his first season all bets were off...
My buddy who coaches and knows a lot of our players told me the year after 2017 the ACC will figure out Mannys D in 2 more years and I didn’t want to believe it, but nailed it

No. "Do what you've always done and you're going to get what you've always gotten". . .

Advertisement
Back