Are you blown away at how bad Diaz is?

Advertisement
Not surprised at all. He was fired from UT for a reason. I hated when Richt picked him as DC. Yeah he fielded a couple of decent defenses here but he was handed a lot of talent when he first arrived. His LB recruiting alone is a fireable offense and his scheme has been exploited and exposed for the gimmick that it is. It was a horrible decision to hire him as HC without interviewing any other candidates. This is not second guessing or Monday morning quarterbacking. I hated the hire from day 1.

Shocked? No. Not anymore. Being a coach has almost nothing to do with success. Once you have been a coach with moderate success anywhere for any reason you will get recycled around until it’s just a pile of bones left. Hence why most coaches are failures

This dude was a defensive coordinator at TEXAS

AND and an sec program under mullen at Miss st.

he was picked by former UGA head coach mark richt

how in the bloody fck is this guy this bad at running a program yet had those credentials?
UM hired a guy that had never been a head coach and you're surprised? Lane was horrific with the Raiders, terrible at Tennessee, mediocre at USC, learned at Alabama, did okay at FAU and now after 11 years as a college head coach, the lights have come on at year 2 at Mississippi. It's not on Manny alone that after three season he's struggling. This is on the board and AD. UM is not an entry level position for coaching, it's graduate school. If you UM offered you the job would you take it? Sure you would, and you would never think you were going to fail.

Manny is more of the same of what Miami has hired to coach the football team since Larry Coker. We keep hiring college coaches with little to none head coaching experience that are forced to learn on the job.

If we are going to hire guys that have zero head coaching experience, then give me a pro coach from a prestige coaching pedigree who wants to be here four or five then take a NFL coaching job, then get me another guy just like that!

Advertisement
This dude was a defensive coordinator at TEXAS

AND and an sec program under mullen at Miss st.

he was picked by former UGA head coach mark richt

how in the bloody fck is this guy this bad at running a program yet had those credentials?
Not at all....I said from day 1 he was a bad DC but most people loved him cause we had Dno previously

He got fired from Texas for the exact same reasons why he’s gonna get fired here.

Manny has always been fools gold, even I fell for it when he was DC, his Defense does nothing but juke the stats to make it look like they’re a lot more productive than they really are, because they get a high volume of TFL’s & sacks (havoc rate), but in reality it’s just a gimmicky smoke & mirrors act that once OC’s figure it out you can exploit it for 500-700+ yards type games.

Manny got selected because Manny Sr pulled strings within the BOT to allow for Snake James to make a rash hire without having to interview anyone.

I’m not shocked at how bad he is, because once we lost to FIU in his first season all bets were off...
manny is like shaka smart. his scheme works with small programs that play other small programs and will disrupt a few big fish, but once the big guys figure it out, it's over.

I'm curious where Manny will land. You can't hire him as a linebacker coach (he's worse at this than anything else), he's a ****** defensive coordinator, and he's an absolutely horrible head coach.

I mean he's literally bad at everything so I'm not even sure what value he'd bring as an analyst.

I don't know what he's been paying attention to, but it sure wasn't the defense.

Yes, the steepness of the decline was unexpected.

His post-game comment made me laugh and cry at the same time. He was surprised that his plan to drop 7 into coverage against 3 receivers didn't work. It tends not to work when you have slow, terrible DBs and LBs, which is why you need to bring extra pressure to force a throw instead of letting the WRs have time to get open.

Advertisement
Lack of experience as a head coach. You can be the best coordinator in the world but being a head coach is a different animal. 3 out of our last 5 head coaches had no prior experience.
Very inexperienced. Can't believe he hasn't learnt how to time manage game situations. How he keeps poor coaches around like Rumph and Patke and how he thinks he can turn athletically un- gifted kids into P5 players.

I'm curious where Manny will land. You can't hire him as a linebacker coach (he's worse at this than anything else), he's a ****** defensive coordinator, and he's an absolutely horrible head coach.

I mean he's literally bad at everything so I'm not even sure what value he'd bring as an analyst.
the ****** needs to stop the head coach pipe dream and get his sorry *** back to ESPN fetching coffee !

Minister of Propaganda.

Yes and no. Was never a fan, was hoping when he became a coach, knew enough smart people to assemble a great staff. When he took over DC role, I expected it to be a colossal failure. We gave the shoe shine boy an even bigger role. Smh

Advertisement

Im on record saying that Manny will never coach again after leaving UM. He'll likely pivot into sports marketing or something similar. Maybe set up an NIL company.

Following up D'Onofrio\Golden did him a lot of favors. Made us look at him like a god because he brought back (what we thought was) "Miami defense". We were stuck with a 2-gapping 3-4 and anybody willing to come in here and run a penetrating 4-3 was a savior.

If you've been eating Little Caesars your entire life and somebody hands you a slice of Papa John's, you're gonna think that it's some gourmet type ****. At the end of the day, it still ain't REAL pizza.

Personally I was never fooled. I've been pointing out the flaws in the scheme for years.

1636918001187.jpeg

Advertisement
Following up D'Onofrio\Golden did him a lot of favors. Made us look at him like a god because he brought back (what we thought was) "Miami defense". We were stuck with a 2-gapping 3-4 and anybody willing to come in here and run a penetrating 4-3 was a savior.

If you've been eating Little Caesars your entire life and somebody hands you a slice of Papa John's, you're gonna think that it's some gourmet type ****. At the end of the day, it still ain't REAL pizza.

Personally I was never fooled. I've been pointing out the flaws in the scheme for years.
My son is going to be real disappointed in regards to Little Caesars

Advertisement
Back