Are you blown away at how bad Diaz is?

How do you think Manny got on with Richt? Any coach that was calling his hires would have looked at the Texas defense, would have reached out to Mack Brown.
You know checked references and would have said NO WAY...

But guess what? Who do you think was pulling the strings behind the scenes to get his Sonny boy a job??? You guessed it. Manny Sr and his connections woth the BOT....

Richt was like.. OK, I'm hiring my SON, so why not hire this other guys SON...

Sick sick sickening stuff went on, and I am disgusted by it
I mean..he did field top defenses years as a DC..let’s not act like he was Dno. He was a first time coach who was gunna be learning at a prestigious program with title expectations (kiffin at Tenn/USC)..that hadn’t reached those goals in more than a decade..it’s like giving a 16 year old a Lamborghini for his first car..and the lambo needs a engine built from scratch…I don’t blame the kid..blame the parents..insert **blake James

if the plan was manny competing for **** by year 3…then fire whoever’s plan it was ** insert one Blake James

Advertisement
I mean..he did field top defenses years as a DC..let’s not act like he was Dno. He was a first time coach who was gunna be learning at a prestigious program with title expectations (kiffin at Tenn/USC)..that hadn’t reached those goals in more than a decade..it’s like giving a 16 year old a Lamborghini for his first car..and the lambo needs a engine built from scratch…I don’t blame the kid..blame the parents..insert **blake James

if the plan was manny competing for **** by year 3…then fire whoever’s plan it was ** insert one Blake James
I could maybe get behind this type of thinking if Manny took some ownership of the things that went wrong instead of the constant excuse making.

I am surprised there hasn’t been a “but Texas lost to Kansas” narrative by the slurpers but I guess that excuse/lack of rationale will rear its head at some point down the road.

How do you think Manny got on with Richt? Any coach that was calling his hires would have looked at the Texas defense, would have reached out to Mack Brown.
You know checked references and would have said NO WAY...

But guess what? Who do you think was pulling the strings behind the scenes to get his Sonny boy a job??? You guessed it. Manny Sr and his connections woth the BOT....

Richt was like.. OK, I'm hiring my SON, so why not hire this other guys SON...

Sick sick sickening stuff went on, and I am disgusted by it
Wasn’t Aranda or someone of that caliber Richt’s first choice? I could be misremembering but I seem to recall us being excited by that possibility, but it didn’t materialize and then Manny was hired kind of out of the blue. And then most of us were like “the guy Mack Brown fired for giving up a thousand yards to BYU? Huh.”

Exactly. He rose too fast to his own detriment because we (Blake) offered him the type of job that no other equivalent program would've even given him a courtesy or a practice interview for.

I don't think Sabag will have any use for him but you're right in that he should just try to get a DC job anywhere and then be wayyyyy more cautious about any potential HC jobs he's offered again if he somehow rehabs his reputation enough to be in that spot.

I've said it before but I think USF is the perfect spot for him. Either as a DC or down the line as a HC.
Saban might need someone to clean the facilities

Advertisement
Im on record saying that Manny will never coach again after leaving UM. He'll likely pivot into sports marketing or something similar. Maybe set up an NIL company.
he will pivot his sorry *** back to ESPN emptying trash cans and fetching coffee ... but i totally agree his coaching pipe dream will be over.

Screenshot_20211114-173001-580.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back