Are you blown away at how bad Diaz is?

Advertisement
Sir you letting your child eat Little Caesars has me about to call Child Protective Services on you
Hahahahaha. Baseball parents man. They get that pizza after games. It’s Next to the field.

He doesn’t like the real, NY style, etc 🤦🏼‍♂️

Lack of experience as a head coach. You can be the best coordinator in the world but being a head coach is a different animal. 3 out of our last 5 head coaches had no prior experience.
and Golden did not have one significant win at Temple

Advertisement
It’s been said. He needed time to learn on the job somewhere else. Took a job none of us would have turned down. Fell flat. Sucks for everyone involved.

I say we get a home run hire and right the ship! Let’s go!

This dude was a defensive coordinator at TEXAS

AND and an sec program under mullen at Miss st.

he was picked by former UGA head coach mark richt

how in the bloody fck is this guy this bad at running a program yet had those credentials?
Diaz has been exactly what I expected. When you make lazy hires, when you don't do due diligence and exhaustively search for the right candidate, when you don't require that the program perform at an elite level, then what Diaz has done at Miami is what you can expect. And should they decide to unload him, it is precisely what we can expect from the next guy, and the next, and the next.

Why does no one seem to have any recollection of Miami's repeated history of making terrible lazy hires after they decided that it was more important to slap Butch Davis and put him in his place than it was to win championships? Have y'all gone amnesiac or something?

Advertisement
Not surprised at all. He was fired from UT for a reason. I hated when Richt picked him as DC. Yeah he fielded a couple of decent defenses here but he was handed a lot of talent when he first arrived. His LB recruiting alone is a fireable offense and his scheme has been exploited and exposed for the gimmick that it is. It was a horrible decision to hire him as HC without interviewing any other candidates. This is not second guessing or Monday morning quarterbacking. I hated the hire from day 1.

like your hair -- not a thing out of place with this post

How do you think Manny got on with Richt? Any coach that was calling his hires would have looked at the Texas defense, would have reached out to Mack Brown.
You know checked references and would have said NO WAY...

But guess what? Who do you think was pulling the strings behind the scenes to get his Sonny boy a job??? You guessed it. Manny Sr and his connections woth the BOT....

Richt was like.. OK, I'm hiring my SON, so why not hire this other guys SON...

Sick sick sickening stuff went on, and I am disgusted by it

Advertisement

how in the bloody fck is this guy this bad at running a program yet had those credentials?
I think a lot of us (excluding me) knew this guy was a Kia Rio masquerading as a Bentley. And we paid a Bentley price for a Kia Rio performance. A used one at that. Our BoT/Admin’s value for things football is reflected in the choices they make.

How long did he last at Texas? His best performances are typically 1 season long. Yes, he can land jobs, but his production drops the longer he is with any program.

Also, he is not a proven head coach. He never coached a single season at Temple.

Everything said Shannon 2.0, but no consideration for other candidates.

Advertisement
That sure looks like Mac saying, “Boy, I’m sure glad they hired you, hope you’re there for a long time. I need them to build a statue for me here, and if there’s anyone I can count on, it’s you. Thanks!”
and he whispered ... "keep running that same screen door defense that BYU crapped on for over 600 yards rushing and we did too !"

I am amazed that three years in that Manny has shown no growth or improvement in the HC role and his supposed area of expertise… the defense… has never been worse.

Manny will be a DC @ an Arkansas State...Georgia State type program soon enough if he wants to.

He really...really should of taken that temple Job but i get it...if your dream job wants to hire you...you kinda gotta accept it.

I kinda wanted him to succeed as a hometown guy...but the cracks in his defensive scheme were known to me early..and him being a terrible LB evaluator...AND recruiter was a fireable offense.

When i was lambasting MikE RUMPH FOR HIS RECRUITMENT OF CBS I ALWAYS MENTIONED HOW SH*TTY OF A LB RECRUITER MANNY WAS.

I mean David Cutcliffe was the anonymous coach sh*tting on our defensive scheme what 2-3 years ago?.

Advertisement
Back