Apr 25 at North Carolina noon ACCNX

They didn't come in as weekend starters. They were midweek starters and relievers on the weekend.
For sure, I'm just really underwhelmed by what Rosario, Mederos and McFarlane have done so far. They are real young so obviously they will get better but I don't see any stars from them right now. Hope I'm wrong, I was super high on all 3.
Look what a kid like Pelio did for BC as a freshman, it can be done

Last edited:
Advertisement
The guys that got drafted last year didn't start as freshman weekend pitchers. It's just not fare to criticize these young arms that shouldn't be weekend starters as freshman. It's really an indictment on the lack of veteran pitching.
Yes, we had to replace 3 studs. Statistically this is the worst pitching Miami team in decades that I recall

For sure, I'm just really underwhelmed by what Rosario, Mederos and McFarlane have done so far. They are real young so obviously they will get better but I don't see any stars from them right now. Hope I'm wrong, I was super high on all 3.
Loke I said it's the lack of veteran pitching. McFarlane has pitched well in his last 2 outings. Lets not forget there was no season last year, so last year's freshman didget any work.

They didn't come in as weekend starters. They were midweek starters and relievers on the weekend.
Agree. Rosario has already produced several outings more complete than anything Slade managed as a freshman. Am I a little concerned about Mederos? Sure, but I generally don’t judge pitchers negatively as freshman. We’ve had plenty of good ones that had the light switch on freshman to sophomore year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree. Rosario has already produced several outings more complete than anything Slade managed as a freshman. Am I a little concerned about Mederos? Sure, but I generally don’t judge pitchers negatively as freshman. We’ve had plenty of good ones that had the light switch on freshman to sophomore year.
I got my fingers crossed. I was picturing a weekend of Rosario, AMac and Mederos being lethal. I'm probably being a little harsh but I expected more, even as Freshman anchoring a weekend a combined 6 ERA worries me. Let's see what happens.

Advertisement
As Lalas biggest critic he has had a good day, got to give him that. Still think he needs out of leadoff though

Advertisement
Back