Apr 25 at North Carolina noon ACCNX

In 2019 Pelio from BC and Sharpe from Clemson were two of the better pitchers in the ACC as Freshman. It can be done. Mederos and Rosario came in with so much hype even as Freshman the 6+ ERA is concerning. Both have plus stuff so hopefully more PT helps.
OK. There's a handful of guys that were spectacular as freshman. . Look at how many pitchers play pro ball from the ACC. My point is not being All ACC as a freshman is not a predictor of the future. Both are talented. We'll see how they pan out in the next few years.

Advertisement
OK. There's a handful of guys that were spectacular as freshman. . Look at how many pitchers play pro ball from the ACC. My point is not being All ACC as a freshman is not a predictor of the future. Both are talented. We'll see how they pan out in the next few years.
And I agree fully, again I just expected more than a 6 ERA from Roario and Mederos, they are super talented even for Freshman. I'm sure they will get better.

Not sure what your point is, because it sounds like you are agreeing with me on the veterans and their lack of clutch production. And the lack of development/improvement of guys like Lala, Jenkins, Gil, Rivera, etc. is a huge concern.

Look, I'd love nothing more than this team and those vets to get on a roll and play .800 ball the rest of the way, and maybe even upset someone and win a regional. But to my original point about turning on the A game when you need it, that's tough to do. But maybe more fans and more on the line in the post-season will be the jump-start they need. UVA did it when they won their natty.
My point was that you were questioning the recruiting rankings of the players. I pointed to the fact that the season got canceled last year. Player development suffered. Time will tell if these guys live up to their hype coming out of high school.

And I agree fully, again I just expected more than a 6 ERA from Roario and Mederos, they are super talented even for Freshman. I'm sure they will get better.
Most freshman aren't weekend starters. They show promise early, then fell off. It it what it is.

Most freshman aren't weekend starters. They show promise early, then fell off. It it what it is.
Again, I think you think I am bashing them, I am not. I am saying that they came in as elite prospects, freshman or not I expected better. They showed flashes so I'm hoping they turn into solid weekend starters in the ACC and they likely should. That is all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Again, I think you think I am bashing them, I am not. I am saying that they came in as elite prospects, freshman or not I expected better. They showed flashes so I'm hoping they turn into solid weekend starters in the ACC and they likely should. That is all.
No. It's just about the expectations. Mine were not as high as yours because at the end of the day, they're still just freshman. Regardless of their talent, they're still subject to all things freshman do and experience.

No. It's just about the expectations. Mine were not as high as yours because at the end of the day, they're still just freshman. Regardless of their talent, they're still subject to all things freshman do and experience.
fair enough, I'm sure we both want them to be lockdown ACCC starters next season, or something close. I actually think AMac and Smith will be cracking the rotation if the other guys don't improve quite a bit from this season.

fair enough, I'm sure we both want them to be lockdown ACCC starters next season, or something close. I actually think AMac and Smith will be cracking the rotation if the other guys don't improve quite a bit from this season.
If we don’t see Improvement next year from the 2 freshman + AMac & Smith it’s time to move on from JD

Agreed. We have guys with great arm talent as Smith and McFarlane are both 95+ on the fastball. It's all about development of other pitches and mastering how to pitch. We have a lot of guys that could develop into studs. This could turn into one of the best group of pitchers Miami's had in a long time. That's saying a lot given what we had the past 2 seasons now playing pro ball. I think we could have the best pitchers in the ACC the next 2 years. This may sound like a reach, but understanding we usually don't see these guys pitching in ACC games until their 2nd or 3rd year.

It will be interesting to see who makes that leap next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back